Race a new Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Race a new Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i sold my wrx a few months ago and bought the new 2.0t GTI. I chipped it with revo ...

Race a new Mustang GT

Well i sold my wrx a few months ago and bought the new 2.0t GTI. I chipped it with revo and yesterday i raced my friends Mustang GT and i pulled on him pretty good. I was fairly surprised, I would post this on the vwvortex forums but they flip out about street racing lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pimpreza65 View Post
    Well i sold my wrx a few months ago and bought the new 2.0t GTI. I chipped it with revo and yesterday i raced my friends Mustang GT and i pulled on him pretty good. I was fairly surprised, I would post this on the vwvortex forums but they flip out about street racing lol.
    so do we.

street racing = dumbass.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    so do we.

street racing = dumbass.
    True but it happens...

What year mustang? what kind of race?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    so do we.

street racing = dumbass.
    You never complain about racing threads... You're just pissed because he beat a stang GT

On another note, I am surprised you took him. I would have to venture to say he was DEFINITELY automatic then. 5sp GT's trap in the 100-101 area even with average drivers and 102/103 with your better drivers. While GTI's respond very well to chips, not enough to make up that difference. You said he was your friend, so my guess is that, if it really was a 5spd manual then your friend chose the wrong gear to start in, or totally screwed his launch. Good run though. In the end you still beat 300hp V8 muscle car, regardless if it was automatic.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    You never complain about racing threads... You're just pissed because he beat a stang GT

On another note, I am surprised you took him. I would have to venture to say he was DEFINITELY automatic then. 5sp GT's trap in the 100-101 area even with average drivers and 102/103 with your better drivers. While GTI's respond very well to chips, not enough to make up that difference. You said he was your friend, so my guess is that, if it really was a 5spd manual then your friend chose the wrong gear to start in, or totally screwed his launch. Good run though. In the end you still beat 300hp V8 muscle car, regardless if it was automatic.
    Ummm...

New 2.0t are putting down 260+ whp with a chip and an exhaust...they also trap 103+ all day long...

Highway pulls with a stage II WRX even result in VERY VERY close events until about 120 with a new GT (manual). Now imagine another 40 WHP...you can see how the VW would do quite well...

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans View Post
    Ummm...

New 2.0t are putting down 260+ whp with a chip and an exhaust...they also trap 103+ all day long...

Highway pulls with a stage II WRX even result in VERY VERY close events until about 120 with a new GT (manual). Now imagine another 40 WHP...you can see how the VW would do quite well...
    Really? They put down 260whp with just chip and exhaust and trap 103mph! That would be really amazing. Do you have anything to back this claim up with? I had no idea they responded that well.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Really? They put down 260whp with just chip and exhaust and trap 103mph! That would be really amazing. Do you have anything to back this claim up with? I had no idea they responded that well.
    Yeah, I'd always heard 260-270hp at the crank...

Yeah, what's a new GTI come from factory, the new 2.0 turbo that is? 200 - 210 HP. Didn't think the turbo was big enough to make that much wheel HP. Could be wrong. Would not be the first time.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    Yeah, what's a new GTI come from factory, the new 2.0 turbo that is? 200 - 210 HP. Didn't think the turbo was big enough to make that much wheel HP. Could be wrong. Would not be the first time.
    Yeah, I have a feeling this guy overestimated his own knowledge of the car. 260chp would be more reasonable. But a GTi that makes 280whp and shoots upto 260whp with chip and intake on that little turbo would be incredible. Not to mention a car that traps 94/95 trapping 103 with the same mods.

I am not going to call total BS yet because I am not completely sure, but I would venture to say those figures are a bit inaccurate.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Dyno the car, I would love to see the dyno sheet!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Ill go ahead and call that . Based on the numbers posted on apr's website, they claim to make 252/303 at the flywheel. I dought they would underrate their gains from the 93oct chip, so 260whp seems a quite iffy. In addition, I remember reading somewhere that they dyno tested the chip with their exhaust system to increase the gains... Even with custom mapping and exhaust I doubt you could reach 260+whp with a stock turbo. The KKK K03 isn't big enough (I think thats the stock turbo). Anyway, The APR stage I upgrade of the K04 turbo is the only way to make that much whp
    Last edited by wr06x; 10-28-2006 at 08:31 PM.
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

i don't see why you got rid of a WRX for a golf?????

fwd + boost = wheel spin... + vw parts are expensive....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1 View Post
    i don't see why you got rid of a WRX for a golf?????

fwd + boost = wheel spin... + vw parts are expensive....
    That's true. You may like the golf, so maybe it is a preference choice, but otherwise, I would stick with the Impreza. WRX, but that is just me. I hope you are happy with your new car though!

give it a year, he'll come running back to Subaru when his windows wont close,and the dashlights keep flickering inexplicably. Oh and lets not forget the IED-like ignition system by Bosch.
    Are those iron blocked turbocharged engine? If so then 260hp is very possible, even on a small turbo.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

give it a year, he'll come running back to Subaru when his windows wont close,and the dashlights keep flickering inexplicably. Oh and lets not forget the IED-like ignition system by Bosch.
    Are those iron blocked turbocharged engine? If so then 260hp is very possible, even on a small turbo.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.