Protuned vf-34 wrx vs Cobalt SS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Protuned vf-34 wrx vs Cobalt SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Came accross a modded SS today on the way into work. He had and exhaust and bunch of race related ...

Protuned vf-34 wrx vs Cobalt SS

Came accross a modded SS today on the way into work. He had and exhaust and bunch of race related and injen stickers on the car. Anyways got 2 pulls with him one from 45 mph and the other from 60. Both ended with me pulling from the second we hit it to the time i let off. It wasnt even a race. I pulled VERY hard on him. The 45 mph one i pull 3 car lenghts by 80 where i let off. The 60 mph i pulled 2 cars lenghts even faster so he let off. Gave him a wave and went about my business.. He must have only had the exhaust done and still stock everywhere else. But I was following him for a bit and everytime he hit it he was blowing blue smoke... hope he doesn't pop something.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The smoke just sound like it was running rich. I hope he didn't put one of those $10 "temperature resistor" mods on a supercharged car!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I looked seriously at a Saturn Ion RedLine before buying my WRX. From what I read and saw, the stock exhaust is not bad. I've forgotten the size but 'seems like it kept a pretty good cross sectional area all the way from the headers to the tail pipe. An after market exhaust might sound different, but, I don't remember seeing anything that looked like it would produce any real power gains.

Now the front end of the motor is another matter. A smaller super charger pulley and larger fuel rail and injectors and those little buggers will fly. Add a few stiffeners on the motor mount setup to reduce wheel hop and they are pretty quick.
    <---Is that not the ugliest critter?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #43

Ever dyno'd your car?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX View Post
    Ever dyno'd your car?
    Will be on 12/2 at Japtrix's in Riviera Beach, Florida. They are having a DYNO day for subie owners.

40$ 3 pulls~!
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Good luck with dyno session. I paid $300 to get mine done, which includes 3 hours of custom and road tunings.

BTW, stage 2 redline ion can put down 260whp+ and run 13.7@105mph, which is similar to stage 4 WRX from roll for only $750.

Good luck with dyno session. I paid $300 to get mine done, which includes 3 hours of custom and road tunings.

BTW, stage 2 redline ion can put down 260whp+ and run 13.7@105mph, which is similar to stage 4 WRX from roll for only $750.
    ouch!
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

im fairly certain that my stage 4 WRX would not have any problems with one from a roll, but then im at 300whp and keep even with modded evo9's(ones that are low 12 second pass capable)
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo View Post
    im fairly certain that my stage 4 WRX would not have any problems with one from a roll, but then im at 300whp and keep even with modded evo9's(ones that are low 12 second pass capable)
    I am right there with ya, I estimate my power near 300whp. I am running the same pace as my good friends protuned 05 sti stage 2 that runs 12.6 @ 108. But i have the gearing advantage over him and he has the HP advantage. We both are going to get our cars dyno'ed the same day so we will see...
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Yeah, they can put down some impressive numbers with mods.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Will be on 12/2 at Japtrix's in Riviera Beach, Florida. They are having a DYNO day for subie owners.

40$ 3 pulls~!
    any results?
    Jeff
    All In Automotive
    http://www.allinautomotive.com
    Car and automotive related news.

2006 WRX TR, Cobb Stage 2, Invidia DP, SPT Intake, KB shifter and bushings, Tanabe GF210s.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXScarlett View Post
    any results?
    + 1

who else went ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    + 1

who else went ?
    quite a few went, here is the link to the main thread on nasioc

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1122259

my car had some boost issues, i was not able to hit my target boost of 20 psi tapering to 17 psi. I was only able to get 17.9 psi.

numbers were

288 whp @ only 17.9
    260 tq.

A/F 10.6-10.8

Roger at Japtricks feels i have plenty of room in my tune to put it over 300 whp with 20 psi.

For anyone else that wants a tune they are going to have a tuning day there

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1151190
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Came accross a modded SS today on the way into work. He had and exhaust and bunch of race related and injen stickers on the car. Anyways got 2 pulls with him one from 45 mph and the other from 60. Both ended with me pulling from the second we hit it to the time i let off. It wasnt even a race. I pulled VERY hard on him. The 45 mph one i pull 3 car lenghts by 80 where i let off. The 60 mph i pulled 2 cars lenghts even faster so he let off. Gave him a wave and went about my business.. He must have only had the exhaust done and still stock everywhere else. But I was following him for a bit and everytime he hit it he was blowing blue smoke... hope he doesn't pop something.
    The SS must have been buring some oil. poor guy
    Last edited by LegacyMyth; 12-06-2006 at 05:17 AM.

this was awhile ago so i wonder if he has poped his motor
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.