05 WRX Vs 05-06 RSX Type-S?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 WRX Vs 05-06 RSX Type-S? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Those 05-06 rsx's type-s is no joke. Very quick car, but stil, I was wonderingl what people think about them.... ...

05 WRX Vs 05-06 RSX Type-S?

Those 05-06 rsx's type-s is no joke. Very quick car, but stil, I was wonderingl what people think about them.... Can they take a 05 WRX stock for stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i like them... I imagine that it will be a loss for an 05 wrx at a high speed roll-on type race.

Frome first to the end of third though, i imagine that the wrx will do pretty well with average drivers in both cars.

I think the high-revving nature of the RSX-S demands someone who knows what they are doing to really drive it and show what it can do. But they are very capable cars in the right hands. The recent ones are even more powerful and have better gearing than before, so you may want to watch the kind of runs you decide to engage in if winning is what you like
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

The rsx seems like a joke to me. Theres no power untill u hit like 7k rpm on those things. There way to heavy and underpowered. They wont beat a wrx unless you have no idea what you are doing. Now the rsx engine however is no joke in lighter body hondas but in that car its not much to brag about.

raced 1 in my 06 wrx from a 10mph roll and killed it pretty bad to about 100mph. those cars suck.

i'd love it for a daily driver.

Like someone said above: From a stop, with a decent launch the RSX doesn't stand a chance. From a higher roll-on, it will probably pull top-end.

The nice thing is those cars get unheard of gains from mods NA. There are quite a few RSX-S's pushing 275hp NA.

I beat a Civic Si from a roll. The Type-S shouldn't be a problem.

edit: Here is the thread I made...
    '06 WRB WRX

From a dig or low roll the wrx should have it. From higher speeds it will be close, with the rsx-s having the edge. Make sure the rsx-s is stock though because they put down some pretty sick times with basic mods for being a n/a 4-cylinder FWD.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I raced an RSX on the highway when all I had was a catless downpipe..

He got destroyed
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Suby ftw
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

stock the type-s isnt anything to brag about... but with a exhaust and hondata they can run a 13.5 traping 104 all day long...

Quote Originally Posted by 03bluewrx View Post
    stock the type-s isnt anything to brag about... but with a exhaust and hondata they can run a 13.5 traping 104 all day long...
    They don't run 13s with e/and hondata 13.5 is s2000 times with boltons. With full bolt-ons and hondata they are low 14sec cars. But they do have a very high trap speed and would be a strong challenge from a roll.

damn mid 13's

Quote Originally Posted by 03bluewrx View Post
    I dont know about all that.

With race header, intake, exhuast, hondata they do see some pretty amazing gains, but consistant mid 13's is not likely. There are people that have dipped into 13's with bolt on's, but on average those mods will see lower 14's with traps in the 100 - 102mph area. There are however guys with the above mentioned mods plus some other stuff like cam work, custom tune, etc.. that are still N/A and going well into 13's with traps in the 104/105mph area.

Before buying my wrx I considered an RSX-S. The AWD sold me on the wrx, but the thought of an RSX-S with that nice interior and awesome tranny combined with wrx-like modability from an N/A car was really tempting.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Drove one day...I tried to even up with an RSX...He chickend out. Kept going slow...slower...slower, come one!!! Cannot you see I'm trying to race you???

Eitherway...you have 3 types of drivers. One=want's to race you and will wait for you. Two=afraid of you and will go super slow to avoid you. Three=doesn't want to race you so he drive SUPER Fast to avoid a light with you.

Suck man...ether way. the RSX guy chickend out. I'll post a RSX race when someone is brave enough to race me.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast