05 WRX Vs 05-06 RSX Type-S? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 WRX Vs 05-06 RSX Type-S? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MengHang Drove one day...I tried to even up with an RSX...He chickend out. Kept going slow...slower...slower, come ...

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    Drove one day...I tried to even up with an RSX...He chickend out. Kept going slow...slower...slower, come one!!! Cannot you see I'm trying to race you???

Eitherway...you have 3 types of drivers. One=want's to race you and will wait for you. Two=afraid of you and will go super slow to avoid you. Three=doesn't want to race you so he drive SUPER Fast to avoid a light with you.

Suck man...ether way. the RSX guy chickend out. I'll post a RSX race when someone is brave enough to race me.
    I disagree. I often hang back on guys that are "trying to race me" to avoid them. Not because I am scared of their car, or them... but purely because usually it is on roads not suited for such races or roads I happen know could have a cop sitting somewhere off to the side.

I didn't race a mustang I know I could have destroyed the other day and hung back on him while he lunged forward trying to initiate a race. I continued to slow down and hang back. Even though I would have wasted him, the speed limit was 45mph and we would have started the race at 50mph, my g/f was in the car, and cops often hang out the road.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

or maybe some people just dont give a damn about racing on the streets cause its dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
    or maybe some people just dont give a damn about racing on the streets cause its dangerous.
    the sad thing is, people wont learn until something bad happens to them, which sucks.
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    Drove one day...I tried to even up with an RSX...He chickend out. Kept going slow...slower...slower, come one!!! Cannot you see I'm trying to race you???

Eitherway...you have 3 types of drivers. One=want's to race you and will wait for you. Two=afraid of you and will go super slow to avoid you. Three=doesn't want to race you so he drive SUPER Fast to avoid a light with you.

Suck man...ether way. the RSX guy chickend out. I'll post a RSX race when someone is brave enough to race me.
    This guy did the ricer fly-by and luckily a couple miles down the road we got to stage up at a light. We started a little slow and both took off, he got owned until I let off around 90-100mph...I'll saw him coming back after me so I tried to pull in 4th but it was too late and he did the ricer fly-by again around 110mph. He was pullin' hard at 100+mph though. Check it out for yourselves...

http://media.putfile.com/WRX-vs-RSX-Type-S
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    This guy did the ricer fly-by and luckily a couple miles down the road we got to stage up at a light. We started a little slow and both took off, he got owned until I let off around 90-100mph...I'll saw him coming back after me so I tried to pull in 4th but it was too late and he did the ricer fly-by again around 110mph. He was pullin' hard at 100+mph though. Check it out for yourselves...

http://media.putfile.com/WRX-vs-RSX-Type-S

That video was basically useless, you couldn't see a thing or tell what was going on.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    That video was basically useless, you couldn't see a thing or tell what was going on.
    you're useless...

you can tell i blew him off the line and u can see his HIDs next to my car b/c he was about 2-3 cars back then slowly gaining on me around 110mph, sorry my brother sucks at video taping plus it was night and i didn't have a flood light handy for extra light
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

i raced my friends bone stock 05 rsx-s. Beat him off the line first race. Second race he got me off the line cuz I didn't know the light turned green and was slowly pulling on him.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Banned
    I raced one the other day some punk kids in it and I killed them by many cars. They had no idea what they were doing I am guessing. They loved looking at my clean wagon ass.

Quote Originally Posted by juanes287 View Post
    The rsx seems like a joke to me. Theres no power untill u hit like 7k rpm on those things. There way to heavy and underpowered. They wont beat a wrx unless you have no idea what you are doing. Now the rsx engine however is no joke in lighter body hondas but in that car its not much to brag about.
    umm...
    wrx: 3200lbs/224hp = 14.3lb/hp
    rsx-s: 2800lbs/201hp = 13.9lb/hp

so how is the rsx-s too heavy and underpowered?

regardless, the cars are two different animals completely. a stock rsx-s will never be able to launch like a wrx can, but the wrx will run out of steam (mostly the 2002-2005 models) by the end of the 1/4. so basically if you are racing under 100mph, the wrx will own, and if you are racing over 100, the rsx-s will pull. big whoop.

the rsx-s owner will be thinking "well, my shifter is nicer and my car doesnt rattle like a cavalier" while you are out launching him and the wrx owner will be thinking "well i have the beauty of all wheel drive" while the rsx-s owner is pulling above 100mph.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    umm...

regardless, the cars are two different animals completely. a stock rsx-s will never be able to launch like a wrx can, but the wrx will run out of steam (mostly the 2002-2005 models) by the end of the 1/4. so basically if you are racing under 100mph, the wrx will own, and if you are racing over 100, the rsx-s will pull. big whoop.

the rsx-s owner will be thinking "well, my shifter is nicer and my car doesnt rattle like a cavalier" while you are out launching him and the wrx owner will be thinking "well i have the beauty of all wheel drive" while the rsx-s owner is pulling above 100mph.

In what wrx have you been in that rattles like a cavalier???? Mine doesn't even rattle one bit. Most solid interior I have owned. WHo wants to0 race beyond 100 anyways. 0-60 is all I need once I wacked them by that point there is no reason to go anyfaster, you beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver View Post
    In what wrx have you been in that rattles like a cavalier???? Mine doesn't even rattle one bit. Most solid interior I have owned. WHo wants to0 race beyond 100 anyways. 0-60 is all I need once I wacked them by that point there is no reason to go anyfaster, you beat them.
    umm. mine.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post

I have two real good friends that drive RSX-S's one is a 2003 (semi built) 217 whp, the other is 2005 pretty stock except for basic bolt ons. I have raced both in my 2002 WRX wagon, running full turbo-back and cobb stage 2. On the very first night of my cobb reflash I raced 2002 rsx 3 times and ran dead even every race...But car hadn't learned remap yet. We raced again a few weeks later and smashed him...a few days after that the RSX went to the shop for unknown repairs... Ran 05 rsx from about a 40 roll 2 times, pulled easy w/ 3 people in my car at least 2-3 cars.... Just my $.02....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79 View Post
    raced 1 in my 06 wrx from a 10mph roll and killed it pretty bad to about 100mph. those cars suck.

Before I start...I love the WRX so there no biased here

I just traded in my 03 rsx type s and was looking to buy the WRX, when I saw the mazdaspeed 6. With the price cuts I had to take it over the WRX as it is quicker and has a lot of the options that I was looking for.

Now for the RSX type S. I has an injen sri, spoon n1 with a spoon b-pipe on mine right. From about a 20 mph roll I could pull on a WRX with no problem at all. On the highway I couldnt do much. If we were going at about 65mph and both in our power curve then it would be close but the IVTEC doesnt kick in until 6,000rmp and by then its too late.

You cant take the rsx to 8,300rpm before fule cut comes and its safte to do. So when I hear WRX smoking a rsx s it all depends on the situation. Dead stop, wrx will have it, until 4rth gear and the rsx will start to catch up. From a 25mph roll it has no chance. OVerall though I think the RSX S picks up speed faster while moving. The WRX does not move in 4rth and 5th gear normal driving.

Like I said I love the car but the Mazdaspeed was just a steal for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    umm...

Very well put and i can say i agree.

The STi is a diff story and is deff my favorite car other then the 35k price

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.