Who would win: 06' WRX 4EAT vs 03 WRX 5SP
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Who would win: 06' WRX 4EAT vs 03 WRX 5SP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; who would win stock 2006 wrx 4eat verses a 2003 wrx 5speed with bov & intake, with no accesport. my ...

Who would win: 06' WRX 4EAT vs 03 WRX 5SP

who would win stock 2006 wrx 4eat verses a 2003 wrx 5speed with bov & intake, with no accesport. my friend wants to race me just to see how the new 2.5l 4eats can do, he tells that he takes the previous autos(02-05) easily. and this would be from a green light both cars with no lauch, just straight up smashing the gas when it turns.
    Last edited by Seattle206; 10-21-2006 at 12:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    well, he does have a bigger engine...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

you'll 4eat him
    '06 wrx wr-blue

If you can drive, you will waste him.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I've always wondered about this but does a 4eat wrx top out at the same speed of a 5pd? i know itll be a little longer for the 4eat but do they have exact top speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206
    who would win stock 2006 wrx 4eat verses a 2003 wrx 5speed with bov & intake, with no accesport. my friend wants to race me just to see how the new 2.5l 4eats can do, he tells that he takes the previous autos(02-05) easily. and this would be from a green light both cars with no lauch, just straight up smashing the gas when it turns.
    your intake and BOV will hurt you. With out a tune, and with out enough upgrades the intake will cause you to lose HP, I just got another tune with my mods and i have a full K&N, i also had the stocker, even with my amount of mods the stocker was just about the same. i only got a tad bit of gain from my full intake. Do yourself a favor put in your stock air box with a K&N drop in with a GP moto delete and you will gain about 2 hp, With your intake your losing HP and also making your car pig rich. BOV makes it even more rich. Those are the WOREST mods you could have done to your car. But hey if you only want to sound fast then your going down the right track. If want to go down the track fast lose those mods and start with the seach button on this site. GL with the race, the 4eat will eat you.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I think the OP is the one with the 06 and his friend has the modded 03, correct me if i'm wrong.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi View Post
    I think the OP is the one with the 06 and his friend has the modded 03, correct me if i'm wrong.
    Oh so the guy wanting to race has the 03? My bad, then forward my response on to him, or not it will make it even easier for your 4eat to win.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I think the 4eat will win. The new 2.5 boxer in the 06 WRX is nice, and even the auto from Subaru is made really well for the WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX View Post
    I think the 4eat will win. The new 2.5 boxer in the 06 WRX is nice, and even the auto from Subaru is made really well for the WRX.
    wtf are u talking about the auto is not very good at all. The lag is horundus and greatly limits the overall speed of the car.

yes, i have the 4eat my parents bought it for me cause of some honors award i recieved from my college. my original plan was to get a 350z or g35 so i can pick up all them college chicks but those type of cars arent too practical for a 20y/o student, plus i go snowboarding whenever i can so i chose the wrx. i test drove the tr, wrx, but chose the ltd. as for the automatic reason is because i dont care for racing or living my life a quarter mile at a time, heck i wouldve been happy when a 4-door civic auto but...its not awd and slow+ugly. the wrx has more than enough power for me, but the number one thing i like about is its design. i've had my car for over 2 months now and the fastest i've driven was 75mph just soe pass somebody up the freeway. but maybe if i get bored ill just order that cobb stage 2 for fun.

my friend who has the 03 wrx keeps bugging me about racing him, i think ill do it somewhere deserted just to shut him up and lose on purpose.

In that kind of race (stepping on the gas w/o launching), the auto will be a lot more boggy and will lose to the manual.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
    yes, i have the 4eat my parents bought it for me cause of some honors award i recieved from my college. my original plan was to get a 350z or g35 so i can pick up all them college chicks but those type of cars arent too practical for a 20y/o student, plus i go snowboarding whenever i can so i chose the wrx. i test drove the tr, wrx, but chose the ltd. as for the automatic reason is because i dont care for racing or living my life a quarter mile at a time, heck i wouldve been happy when a 4-door civic auto but...its not awd and slow+ugly. the wrx has more than enough power for me, but the number one thing i like about is its design. i've had my car for over 2 months now and the fastest i've driven was 75mph just soe pass somebody up the freeway. but maybe if i get bored ill just order that cobb stage 2 for fun.

my friend who has the 03 wrx keeps bugging me about racing him, i think ill do it somewhere deserted just to shut him up and lose on purpose.
    I am glad that you like it! The point is the WRX is a very great car compared to a lot of other cars out there, and even the auto WRX is still pretty fast. Even on edmunds.com, yeah the manual WRX are faster iin 0-60, but both cars are still fast, and in 14's in the 1/4 mile, with the manual at/around 14.3, the autos coming in at 14.8 stock. Everyone one is quick to jump on autos, but an 06 auto can still do great times, faster than an RX-8. I am not trying to start a flame war, but the autos are great for what they are. If you want to mod and race, sure, get an manual if you want. But the autos are great preferance for those of us who want great daily drivers and would like a nice car that happens to have an available auto.

PS Having a great handling good looking dependable car that has AWD, auto and can still go 0-60 around 6.4 seconds stock, for under 30,000, is a great car. Just ask people who regularly buy 30,000 sedans all the time without getting that much.

if you about it, what other japanese sedans out on the market that will give you the speed, performance, and build of a 06' auto wrx for the same price? Im talking about new, so a wrx ltd will go out the door for 26-29k depending on the dealership. the only other car I can think of is the new lexus IS250 w/awd even invoice for that is 30k. even that the car is still lower hp+tq, and a 7.2 0-60.

being able to boost 6lbs or more from a stop give one quite an advantage from launch,and the increase in displacement should give a better torque response for the 4eat. Not exactly turbo laggy when compare to the US 2.0
    Last edited by Kanchou; 10-23-2006 at 07:48 PM.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.