Who would win: 06' WRX 4EAT vs 03 WRX 5SP - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Who would win: 06' WRX 4EAT vs 03 WRX 5SP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can't you power-brake the auto and get some sort of decent launch? I know it is mostly a RWD drag ...

Can't you power-brake the auto and get some sort of decent launch? I know it is mostly a RWD drag techique... but won't it work here as well? Or will that put too much strain on the drivetrain, (which is probably a bit more fragile than a 300+ hp RWD car)...

In another vein, I'm curious. You said you weren't "interested in living my life 1/4 mile at a time" and that was why you didn't get the standard. But thats not WHY people get the MT at all. They get it for the extra control they get out of thier car. Not to mention that you will likely get better gas milage, (properly driven) than an auto. If it because you don't know how to drive a manual, that's ok. Heck, most kids your age don't know how to drive a manual. And if you are not interested in racing as you said, why are you racing?

As far as stock autos making great numbers under 30k, I point you in the direction of the Mustang GT. Fine, it isn't AWD, but it does handle better than any previous mustang, (and that is 40+ years) and the auto is a 5 speed and has great times, low 5 seconds to 60 (MT clocked it .1 slower than the manual). Not to mention the interior very comfy.

Am I biased? Probably. Moreso, it is my own first hand experience, (the handling, not the tranny, mine is a MT) that I am giving you. Under normal driving conditions, (not pushing it through the corners hard, etc), my 05 GT stock outhandles my 02 WRX stock. Of course, push it a little, and the WRX needs less driver input and the GT needs more, (and now it is the driver, not the car that matters). Of course, neither car is stock either. Both are different driving challenges and experiences.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In another vein, I'm curious. You said you weren't "interested in living my life 1/4 mile at a time" and that was why you didn't get the standard. But thats not WHY people get the MT at all. They get it for the extra control they get out of thier car. Not to mention that you will likely get better gas milage, (properly driven) than an auto. If it because you don't know how to drive a manual, that's ok. Heck, most kids your age don't know how to drive a manual. And if you are not interested in racing as you said, why are you racing?
    no, what I meant was that A LOT of my friends keep bugging me about not getting a manual, i tell them, "well, I dont race race, i dont care about getting better gas milage or control, the point of driving is taking me from point a to point b, there is nothing else to it unless you wanna drive fast either on the road or on the track", I choose the auto wrx cause it looked nice both in and out, plus it was AWD

Also, I do know how to drive stick, and pretty damn good at it. my previous "vehicles" was a 03 gixxer 600, and that i got that from my cousin who was leaving for college and he gave it to me. I was car less, and 17 still in high school. The bike was my transport from home to school and work everyday even in the rain, the only time I didnt drive it was when a friend offered to pick me up or get dropped off by my parents. After my senior year I got rid of that bike so fast, caused too much attention from fellow students and sold it for $3400 and got myself a 1997 suzuki sidekick manual for the money, I didnt know what the hell I was thinking I wanted something roomy could carry stuff my like snowboards, or skies, and stuff like that. I drove that thing around until last summer when I gave it to my cousin cause he wanted a car. And now, when my parents offer me a car I couldve chosen a 350z, g35, sti, or the new 07 camry I choose the wrx. I considered the nissans cause they had the "sex" appeal, and I could get all "them" college chicks. and the sti, well, its an sti but it has too much going, ie" big wing" and stuff like that. The new camrys are extra nice, I wouldve gotten the v6 version but at the end I chose the wrx cause I fell in love with them since 2002.

And last, my friend who has the 2003 "bugeye" bugs all the time about racing him. I never asked for anything, but he insists on racing me to see "how fast the new 2.5L in the 4eats could do", if they were any faster or slower...blah. Well, If i wasnt such a good friend I wouldve socked him in the face for everytime he'd ask. I'll race his pathetic wannabe ricer butt next time just to shut him the hell up.
    Last edited by Seattle206; 10-24-2006 at 12:19 AM.

then read up here:

How to launch your Automatic

then go suck his doors off
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Just race him and tell us who won.. I would strongly suggest taking this to the track and not doing it on ANY street. I have a feeling its going to be a close race. You have a catless up-pipe and according to the mods you listed for him he does not. You also have a half liter on him, but I think this will come down to who gets the better jump. The autos really aren't that laggy, I drive a 4eat every day and I've driven a bunch of 5 speed WRXs and there really isn't all that much difference between lag. Just pray he misses a shift.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

oh for sure, ill give him a race when the timing is right. I barely see him, i know for sure that the first thing he'll say is "lets race".

I have heard that the 06 4eat have quit a bit less lag than the previous models. I would bet since neither of you are launching it would be a close race especially seeing his combo of mods which have gotta kill his performance. I would also bet his car isnt in the best shape after driving around running rich all the time.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

also wouldnt the intake without tune lean out his A/F ratio which could be bad also. Espcially if he is racing.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.