02 WRX vs 04 WRX on the back roads :)

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs 04 WRX on the back roads :) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so I was driving around the back roads just enjoying the last weekend of my summer tires when I ...

Cool 02 WRX vs 04 WRX on the back roads :)

Ok so I was driving around the back roads just enjoying the last weekend of my summer tires when I run into this 04 black WRX with the stock rims on. He was heading towards me and turned really hard onto a side street so I figured what the hell either we will have some fun going through some back roads or he'll be going home. Well next thing I know Iím going from full acceleration to full on braking and reaching speeds of over 100mph and turn that couldn't be taken much faster then 45 and a few hair turns that I don't even know what speed I was going but it couldn't of been much more than 25 The events of us going balls of the wall went on for about 7 minuets and we got must of it recorded on my buddy's pda phone but the quality really sucks and doesnít give you the feel that we had in that car. Anyways the guy in front finally stopped and pulled into a driveway and gets out to talk to us. We couldn't believe that he actually lived there because we were staying with him and actually faster in a lot of the corners because I would catch right up to his bumper. The guy said he was beyond impressed that I kept up and said he wished he had his summer tires on. His car was stock except for a cobb stage 1 computer tune and my car was stock besides my tires (and my clutch is going ...) but I still kept up and even the guy agreed that hands down he couldn't shake me and he couldn't believe it because he drives that road home every day!

GO BUGEYE

I don't think Iíve ever been more happy to meet another WRX owner!~ I told him about this site so I hope he joins!~
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya tires > power in corners
    O2 WRBlue

(( MODs + Pics ))

Agreed... I just put my winter tires on today and i havn't driven my car with those rims on it because i bought it with the summer tires and rims on it and i've noticed a huge diffrence in performance
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph