<NJ> WRX vs. Evo IX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on <NJ> WRX vs. Evo IX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Noob here just posting a race that happened about 2-3 weeks ago. I was going down rt. 9 ...

<NJ> WRX vs. Evo IX

Hey guys,
    Noob here just posting a race that happened about 2-3 weeks ago.
    I was going down rt. 9 in my Evo IX in Sayerville and ended up next to a Red WRX somehow. My car is still stock other than yellow fog bulbs, but I said what the heck right?
    He both dropped a gear and slowed down alittle. No honks, we just ended up taking off at the same time. It was almost even, but it looked like a pulled on top alittle bit(almost nothing though). We slowed down and I asked him what he had done to the car, he told me he had an STi swap. I gave him the and we were on our way.
    A couple seconds later I was behind him and he took off with a huge puff of black smoke, I tried to hang on to him, but he pulled on me alittle that time. Turned up boost maybe? Dunno, but we had some nice semi-long runs.

I was wondering if he's a member on this forum. There are like a million Subaru forums and I just decided to eenie meanie miney moe this one. If your here, just wanna let ya know you have a nice ride man. Good runs.
    BTW, for all the "Neighbor hood watch" members and "Make Believe" law enforcement out there that might be reading this just itching to start typing away, there were NO traffic or pedestrians around us.
    Last edited by EvolutionIXMR; 10-18-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What made you sell you SRT??
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang
    He has an Evo IX. What more of a reason do you need?

The guy may of gotten a new tune, maybe alcohol injection, or its possible that you just werent ready for him (lag in high gears kill). The 1st time you were both lagging together and took off about even.

Stock Evo IX and a Stage 4 WRX have similar 1/4mi (12.9 area). Swapped STi motor w/ an aggresive tune will be in the same area.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang
    I loved my srt...but it was the worst car i've ever driven in the snow. Even without the 225 BF KDW2's, it just had way too much torque. I would let off the clutch, not even giving it gas, and the tires would start spinning as it got moving. In a nutshell,I needed a car with traction.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

Nice run bro. I know you love that Evo!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionIXMR
    I loved my srt...but it was the worst car i've ever driven in the snow. Even without the 225 BF KDW2's, it just had way too much torque. I would let off the clutch, not even giving it gas, and the tires would start spinning as it got moving. In a nutshell,I needed a car with traction.
    Evo is a good choice. Even without snow tires (i.e., all-seasons tires), my Evo goes through the white stuff like a snow plow.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I should've bought an EVO
    "You were flyin back there when I passed you!"

NEW ENGLANDF4

Quote Originally Posted by sti>evo

serious?

Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

so true.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

i know hiim as well. i see him at meets alot. his red wrx is vf 34'd, sti top mount and protuned. it's a nice ride, especially in red.

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth
    i know hiim as well. i see him at meets alot. his red wrx is vf 34'd, sti top mount and protuned. it's a nice ride, especially in red.
    Yeah, it looks good. Guy seems cool too.
    Do those wrx transmissions hold up well with the STi engines on them? I know that when I was working for Subaru years ago, and they introduced the wrx, there were problems left and right with the trannies. Im pretty sure they've changed them since then. Are they alot better?
    I have some friends with STi's and I KNOW they have REALLY tough transmissions in 'em.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone

well, it is not exactly an sti. he is running the sti turbo and tmic with a protune on it. the engine is a wrx 2.0. so the internals of it aren't as strong and the tranmission is certainly not as strong as well. the sti in every area is a more durable vehicle but requires more maintenance. It was built to take a beaten. they are in every aspect a stronger car than the wrx and some be people here will disagree or argue, but the sti is a beast. i hope to have one one day too but those beautiful evos are on my list too. nice car man..

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    well, it is not exactly an sti. he is running the sti turbo and tmic with a protune on it. the engine is a wrx 2.0. so the internals of it aren't as strong and the tranmission is certainly not as strong as well. the sti in every area is a more durable vehicle but requires more maintenance. It was built to take a beaten. they are in every aspect a stronger car than the wrx and some be people here will disagree or argue, but the sti is a beast. i hope to have one one day too but those beautiful evos are on my list too. nice car man..
    thanks man.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone

i've said it before and i'll say it again....i love Evo's.....not to mention Evo drivers are usually pretty damn cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.