<NJ> WRX vs. Evo IX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on <NJ> WRX vs. Evo IX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ThArEDReX Whats up guys..havent posted in here in awhile...^^^^ is not the guy the evo messed around ...

Quote Originally Posted by ThArEDReX View Post
    Whats up guys..havent posted in here in awhile...^^^^ is not the guy the evo messed around w/..lol..That was def. me..I have a built 2.5 block w/ a vf22..tuned at automasters..300awhp..320awtq @ 19psi (but usualli boostin at 17psi) hence my buddy in the passenger seat sayin "STI swap" lol..buy anyways..yea man nice run n lovin the evo 9..*drool* ..im goin for meth injection next month to finally get the car runnin consistant. I live in union beach..right down rt35 so im on rt35 like everyday goin to and from work
    My brother lives in Union Beach - where is this automasters place? Hit me up with a PM if you can.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    What made you sell you SRT??
    I wanna know what made him buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by Flat 4 View Post
    I wanna know what made him buy one!
    LoL
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    What made you sell you SRT??
    Dude how can you compaire a wanna be turbo neon to the Evo? Evo > SRT all day, every day.

Smart move EvolutionIXMR. I envy you. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    Dude how can you compaire a wanna be turbo neon to the Evo? Evo > SRT all day, every day.

Smart move EvolutionIXMR. I envy you. lol
    Exactly. Not to take anything away from the guy that owned it, but let's be honest, who owns a Neon when they have money to buy a world class high performance machine like an STi/STI or an Evo?

Exactly. Not to take anything away from the guy that owned it, but let's be honest, who owns a Neon when they have money to buy a world class high performance machine like an STi/STI or an Evo?
    Well, I didn't have the money for an Evo, let alone alone an MR at the time.

Even though I don't have my srt anymore, I still have respect for "the car". I use to embarrass countless WRXs, EVO, Vettes, etc. on the road when it came to acceleration. I baught the car because it was cheap and fast, and it lived up to it's name. To this day, I have not seen any 4 cyl for THAT price that you can make so damn fast. They are highway monsters if properly set up. So I really wouldn't call it a "wanna be neon". It IS a turbo neon.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionIXMR View Post

Even though I don't have my srt anymore, I still have respect for "the car". I use to embarrass countless WRXs, EVO, Vettes, etc. on the road when it came to acceleration. I baught the car because it was cheap and fast, and it lived up to it's name. To this day, I have not seen any 4 cyl for THAT price that you can make so damn fast. They are highway monsters if properly set up. So I really wouldn't call it a "wanna be neon". It IS a turbo neon.
    Sure, they can be made to move pretty good in a straight line, and I can even respect that they can be made to run hard in a straight line, but at the end of the day it's still an antiquated FWD car with a piss-poor econocar platform housing weak parts. I don't know of anyone that hasn't snapped at least one axle on an SRT-4, even in stock configuration.

You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

Sure, they can be made to move pretty good in a straight line, and I can even respect that they can be made to run hard in a straight line, but at the end of the day it's still an antiquated FWD car with a piss-poor econocar platform housing weak parts. I don't know of anyone that hasn't snapped at least one axle on an SRT-4, even in stock configuration.

You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.
    OMG LoL, I went through 3 axles.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone

OMG LoL, I went through 3 axles.
    And here's yet another fellow that's gone through axles on an SRTurd-4! Was the car even modified at the time that you blew those axles?

And here's yet another fellow that's gone through axles on an SRTurd-4! Was the car even modified at the time that you blew those axles?
    Yeah it was moddified, and yes they replaced them under warranty, and yes that's what happens when you have a lot of torque regardless of the car.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone

Talking true

that's true, I just really don't like any neons. I'm just a biased nerd.

the evo goes though clutch after clutch, if you're not careful. my buddy went throught the factory clutch in the first week he had the car. then again he's an agressive driver that isn't very bright. lol
    Last edited by LegacyMyth; 11-30-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Yeah it was moddified, and yes they replaced them under warranty, and yes that's what happens when you have a lot of torque regardless of the car.
    Sure, no doubt you will go through axles if you have an abundance of torque, but under most circumstances the manufacturer will provide parts that will AT LEAST support the power that the vehicle is making off the showroom floor.

my "other" car has a lot of torque... probably more than most EVOs.. or WRXs... and I still have my stock clutch, axels, etc... of course, it is only 409 ft/lbs... nothing like what the fast guys are making...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    my "other" car has a lot of torque... probably more than most EVOs.. or WRXs... and I still have my stock clutch, axels, etc... of course, it is only 409 ft/lbs... nothing like what the fast guys are making...
    409 ft/lbs is a pretty good amount of torque. It's not a "baby number" by any means....

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post

Evo's have clutch problems ...SRT have axle problems...All Supra's have head gasket problems ......the STI....purely a perfect machine....even after moding it.

Shows who did their homework....you cannot beat a company built around Rally racing.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.