<NJ> WRX vs. Evo IX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on <NJ> WRX vs. Evo IX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i've said it before and i'll say it again....i love Evo's.....not to mention Evo drivers are usually pretty damn cool ...

i've said it before and i'll say it again....i love Evo's.....not to mention Evo drivers are usually pretty damn cool
    +1

Not to generalize or anything, cuz I realize all kinds of drivers inhabit many different vehicles, but there really are those cars. Certain ones that I see, (I'm thinking Preludes and SRT-4's) and I can't help but stereotype them because of what they drive. It's a real pleasure to be proven wrong, though. And again, I'm not calling SRT-4 and Prelude drivers ****s - two of my closest friends have the aforementioned cars - it's just something that kinda shoves its way into my head.

But I digress.

Love the Evo's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ran into an Evo driver a few weeks back. We didn't run, but we both gave thumbs up and were on our way. I've definitely got respect for Evo drivers, but those SRT-4's...
    '06 WRB WRX

evos are amazing cars. talk about bang for buck. they have unbelievable handling stock, yet the new MRs are also pretty comfy to ride in. and their engines having amazing tuning ability, yet the new ones dont sound like a hairdrier. i guess they spent the same budget as STis but put more into the performance and less on interior . hope that didnt come off wrong, im like towelie right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasVulnero View Post
    i've said it before and i'll say it again....i love Evo's.....not to mention Evo drivers are usually pretty damn cool
    Reason for that is simple, we respect eachother for having good taste in cars
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

Quote Originally Posted by rcasTX28 View Post
    +1

Not to generalize or anything, cuz I realize all kinds of drivers inhabit many different vehicles, but there really are those cars. Certain ones that I see, (I'm thinking Preludes and SRT-4's) and I can't help but stereotype them because of what they drive. It's a real pleasure to be proven wrong, though. And again, I'm not calling SRT-4 and Prelude drivers ****s - two of my closest friends have the aforementioned cars - it's just something that kinda shoves its way into my head.

But I digress.

Love the Evo's.
    I understand where your coming from.
    I caught interest in the srt-4 when it was still a concept back inthe beginning of 2002. It was supercharged and had 205bhp. Joined the srtforums in october of that year as member #69 and discussed the concept with other members. A couple months later in January of the following year, they released the 2003 model. I waited and got myself a 2004 later on. I enjoyed the car and the people on the forums were cool.
    Then as time went on, more and more people got the car. Mostly immature highschoolers which could afford the $21,000 car. The forums also became cluttered with them which meant posting a question or topic and getting a mature response was near impossible. So I posted less and less.
    When I traded my srt-4 in August for my Evo I was extremely happy with my decision. I also noticed how much srt-4 drivers are despised on other online communities.
    I have even braught up how they blowoff at everyone purposely on the road and got some pretty stupid responses....see for your self, http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295894

So yeah I definately know what you guys are talking about.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Wow, I feel bad for you dude, that post is miles and MILES of flame.

Theres a reason why I hate SRT-4 drivers..

Nice EVO though
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasVulnero View Post
    I second that, I was at the track last weekend and two different guys came up to me and asked me about my Stage II wrx, asked me my times and said that they were really good times for my mods and that my car was pretty fast. I didn't even know what they drove at the time and then when i asked them they both had EVOs, one ran an 11.7@122mph the other a 12.5@113mph. For them to come up to a complete stranger with a wrx and compliment my car, show interest and even tell me its fast for my mods is very respectable.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    I second that, I was at the track last weekend and two different guys came up to me and asked me about my Stage II wrx, asked me my times and said that they were really good times for my mods and that my car was pretty fast. I didn't even know what they drove at the time and then when i asked them they both had EVOs, one ran an 11.7@122mph the other a 12.5@113mph. For them to come up to a complete stranger with a wrx and compliment my car, show interest and even tell me its fast for my mods is very respectable.
    You guys are lucky, where I live most evo owners will talk smack about how their car is far superior and faster than our sti's (like random people will walk up just to say that) but when you tell them theres only one way to prove it they make an excuse on why they can't . My friend has an sti as well and he is currently stationed in new mexico, he said most the evo drivers out there (nm and tx) are pretty cool and totally the opposite of the evo owners in our area. I live in such a ricer community though that every type of car (including subarus) has a lot of a$$hats in it.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
    You guys are lucky, where I live most evo owners will talk smack about how their car is far superior and faster than our sti's (like random people will walk up just to say that) but when you tell them theres only one way to prove it they make an excuse on why they can't . My friend has an sti as well and he is currently stationed in new mexico, he said most the evo drivers out there (nm and tx) are pretty cool and totally the opposite of the evo owners in our area. I live in such a ricer community though that every type of car (including subarus) has a lot of a$$hats in it.
    let me guess, very young rich white kids that have mommy & daddy making the payments?
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone

i have a lot of respect for STI and WRX owners. i even hang out with a big subaru club up here. i really don't care.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionIXMR View Post
    let me guess, very young rich white kids that have mommy & daddy making the payments?
    It's all types, kids that look like they could still be in high school, military guys, business people, the range is wide but they all act like snobs. Their attitude is basically this "my car can beat your car at anytime and I don't even care or have to know what's under your hood because my car is faster anyways". It's excuse after excuse when you ask them to prove they are faster. My favorite excuse was "I don't run on the street" after we just saw him running on the street, then he bragged how he ran a 13.2 with a 1.6 60ft with his stock evo 8 and then about 30 minutes later when we asked what kinda times he ran at the track (my other friend asked) he said "Oh I don't know, I have never been to the track before." even these motorcycle dudes asked "are these guys full of fecal matter or what" with fecal matter being a term for a different word .
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    i know hiim as well. i see him at meets alot. his red wrx is vf 34'd, sti top mount and protuned. it's a nice ride, especially in red.
    Whats up guys..havent posted in here in awhile...^^^^ is not the guy the evo messed around w/..lol..That was def. me..I have a built 2.5 block w/ a vf22..tuned at automasters..300awhp..320awtq @ 19psi (but usualli boostin at 17psi) hence my buddy in the passenger seat sayin "STI swap" lol..buy anyways..yea man nice run n lovin the evo 9..*drool* ..im goin for meth injection next month to finally get the car runnin consistant. I live in union beach..right down rt35 so im on rt35 like everyday goin to and from work

Banned
    evo's and sti's both rock the house. My buddy has an evo and it is a fun car but I just don't feel as comfortable in it as I do my wagon. Great car for the performance though but that is how DSM has always been.

+1 to all of the positive posts.

I love the Evo and may get one in 08 after the WRX. I have friends w/ Evo's who time attack them, and I worked for a Mitsu Dealer as a swap driver the summer of 04 when i was home from College just to be around the Evo.

To this day I get all happy when i see an Evo. Much more so than an STi. I dont know why but i love the styling of the Evo. The interior isnt that bad either, i spent a lot of time driving Lancers which have the same interior, definetly livable.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    i know hiim as well. i see him at meets alot. his red wrx is vf 34'd, sti top mount and protuned. it's a nice ride, especially in red.
    Where is there a meet up there - I'd like to talk to this guy. I've got a vf34 on the OTS map, have been thinking about a protune.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.