Mazda Speed 3.... - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

This is a discussion on Mazda Speed 3.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 9.8:1 cr?!.. that's ridiculous.. wow... is that because its direct injected?.. oh, and the direct injection system has stratospheric fuel ...

wtf

9.8:1 cr?!.. that's ridiculous.. wow... is that because its direct injected?.. oh, and the direct injection system has stratospheric fuel because it has to overcome pressure in the cylinders to force fuel in, its cool i guess. but yeah, i wouldn't want to touch that thing.. at all. ever. sounds like a bomb.
    03 WRX - daily driver
    91 teg - needs a trans, the current one is soup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The direct injection and higher pressures allow for a better burn and cooling within the cylinders, which in turns allows for a higher compression. BMW is doing the same thing for their new turbo. It's the wave of the future folks. I'm sure it won't be long before we see it on Subaru's.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    The direct injection and higher pressures allow for a better burn and cooling within the cylinders, which in turns allows for a higher compression. BMW is doing the same thing for their new turbo. It's the wave of the future folks. I'm sure it won't be long before we see it on Subaru's.
    +1 one of the main advantages of direct injection is the allowance of higher CR's. that engine's fine.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.