Oh the Injustice...a must read!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Oh the Injustice...a must read!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; An 02-03 with just an uppipe and an MBC at 15.5-16 psi is a mid 13 second car. Throw on ...

schoolloans
    An 02-03 with just an uppipe and an MBC at 15.5-16 psi is a mid 13 second car. Throw on a DP , and you're lookign at low 13's at 100+. Any early WRX owner knows this.

And to all the misinformed people, it it rather easy to make an MBC on an 02-03 reliable. The stock ECU still has things PIG rich at 16 psi. If you combat PTFB, its a very safe, effective setup.

DP+ MBC on a 02-03 = about 200 whp...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans
    An 02-03 with just an uppipe and an MBC at 15.5-16 psi is a mid 13 second car. Throw on a DP , and you're lookign at low 13's at 100+. Any early WRX owner knows this.

And to all the misinformed people, it it rather easy to make an MBC on an 02-03 reliable. The stock ECU still has things PIG rich at 16 psi. If you combat PTFB, its a very safe, effective setup.

DP+ MBC on a 02-03 = about 200 whp...
    I think this is a pretty accurate statement. I ran a MBC on my 02 for a while. I have alos ran one on my 03 with my VF-34 setup. I was pulling on 300WHP sti's. Let me say this tho i am very watchful of whats going on when i run the MBC tho. IN fact i have my laptop connect and loggin data everytime i use it. PTB is easy to control with the throttle but i was more concerned with leaning out. Never had a problem with the pig rich Cobb vf-34 93 oct map.. Even with the MBC at 22 psi down low.. = 0
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    PTFB is easy to control with the throttle
    I guess you don't live near any hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I guess you don't live near any hills.

haha no that is a good point, im in Tampa FL. When i bought my house last year i was in one of the highest points in the county and that was only 32 FT above sea level. That is one of my biggest complaints everything is flat and no twisties..
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    haha no that is a good point, im in Tampa FL. When i bought my house last year i was in one of the highest points in the county and that was only 32 FT above sea level. That is one of my biggest complaints everything is flat and no twisties..
    My area is full of mountains, hills, and twisties. Using a MBC/EBC is out of the question. PTFB is uncontrollable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    My area is full of mountains, hills, and twisties. Using a MBC/EBC is out of the question. PTFB is uncontrollable.
    I have to agree with you on this, i couldnt imagine trying to pull up a long hill and having to keep backing off the throttle to control boost, it would take forever to get up a steap hill with that kind of load.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

im intrested in your legacy, what do you have done? sounds mean!
    Garrett T3/T4
    External gate
    Invidia Downpipe adapted to the Turbo
    Delta Camshafts
    4.11 gears
    Spearco FMIC
    Fidanza Flywheel
    3" TBE
    Perrin Pulley
    Exedy Clutch

Those are probably the most important mods, I have larger Injectors but I'm not running them right now. I'll probably end up putting some EJ20G heads on it soon and some management, then up the boost. Need to put in a Ceramic clutch. I haven't launched it in over a year but the clutch in it now isnt holding the power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12