06 wrx v's c5 covt.

This is a discussion on 06 wrx v's c5 covt. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My dad and I were playing a little bit (he's got the vette). We took a couple turns and when ...

06 wrx v's c5 covt.

My dad and I were playing a little bit (he's got the vette). We took a couple turns and when he made a right (he was in front) I yurned after him and pulled into the left lane at about 25-30mph.
    I then gunned it and so did he. I pulled from a car behind, to a car in front and then we backed off.
    When we got to our destination, he told me "man you got me back there". I was shocked how well the wrx did against him. He did have my 145lbs brother with him, and I was alone. I know he was trying because his front end was all raised up between shifts.
    These wrx's ain't no joke. I know that in triple digits things would be different, but on the street it's a close race. Anyone going into triple digits on the street needs to be flogged anyway.
    My dad thinks he was in the wrong gear though, and that could be the case too. Oh well.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

At least in these situations he won't totally leave you, that's fun. I can see you aren't expecting to be any real highway competition to him, so that's good.
    1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951)
    1992 BMW 525i (beater)

Quote Originally Posted by aquatarkus
    At least in these situations he won't totally leave you, that's fun. I can see you aren't expecting to be any real highway competition to him, so that's good.
    Nope, he can have the Hwy, atleast until my AP comes through and hello stg 2. Then things may get interesting. I'll still lose, but not by much I bet.

How much do you expect to put down with that (I don't know anything about WRX's)?
    1992 BMW 525i (beater)

Cobb claims 285bhp, 340lbs/ft of torque.

Ok nice, thanks.
    1992 BMW 525i (beater)

No problem. Unfortunately Cobb is putting things on hold until after the SEMA show. Then it plans to release it's latest version "2" of the AP. I can't wait! It's suppose to have some new features. I wonder what they are?

They are adding things like wot shifting, and just a much faster and attractive interface. Trey cobb told some other stuff here:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...52#post1701152
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!