20g '04 FXT vs C6 Corvette - 60 mph roll on
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 20g '04 FXT vs C6 Corvette - 60 mph roll on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, on Friday I just got my latest Subaru (I've had 7 turbo Subaru's now lol). This one is my ...

I Support ClubWRX

20g '04 FXT vs C6 Corvette - 60 mph roll on

Well, on Friday I just got my latest Subaru (I've had 7 turbo Subaru's now lol).

This one is my new winter vehicle (replacing my '98 Outback), an '04 Forester XT w/20g, putting down 340 whp on pump (20g turbo, supporting mods). Anyway, Sunday night around 10 PM I was driving home from work, and encountered a C6 Corvette with zero traffic around us. I came up on him, and moved into the fast lane. As I was coming up on him from ~60 mph, I noticed he started accelerating, holding me off. I figured what the heck , and I downshifted and went for it. He also went WOT and I proceeded to ever so slowly walk by him. I was pretty happy to pull him, considering the C6 is no slouch in stock form. The best part was, after I passed him (I will not discuss our speed at that point, lol), a light up ahead changed, and while we sat at the light for a minute, he got a good look at the SUBARU rear end of my car, lol. I always love teaching someone respect for Subarus

Anyway, it's my first "kill" so to speak in the latest Scooby, so just wanted to post.
    Last edited by annointed; 10-10-2006 at 10:03 PM.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats pretty sweet to beat a c6 with an SUV. I guess thats what you call a sleeper type vehicle lol
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha...an FXT w/ a 20g? I freakin' love it.

Tittywop.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Man that's awesome, talking about knocking someone off his high horse. Not that all Corvette drivers are on high horses...but I'll bet he didn't see that coming!

'06 WRB WRX

Brought a tear to my eye.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

Sweeeet.

Thats so sweet. The ultimate sleeper.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Haha...an FXT w/ a 20g? I freakin' love it.

Tittywop.
    I took a bunch of pics when I picked it up last week from the shipping truck, but have yet to upload them to my PC. Here's a few shots from previous owner. Yes, it now has HID conversion. I'm sure that only further confused the Vette owner, lol...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forester XT.jpg   Forester XT night.jpg  
    Last edited by annointed; 10-10-2006 at 11:11 PM.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

beauty is: a mid-sized subaru suv beating a brand new corvette
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oops, forgot engine shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forester XT 20g turbo.jpg   Forester XT engine.jpg  
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Quote Originally Posted by annointed
    Well, on Friday I just got my latest Subaru (I've had 7 turbo Subaru's now lol).

This one is my new winter vehicle (replacing my '98 Outback), an '04 Forester XT w/20g, putting down 340 whp on pump (20g turbo, supporting mods). Anyway, Sunday night around 10 PM I was driving home from work, and encountered a C6 Corvette with zero traffic around us. I came up on him, and moved into the fast lane. As I was coming up on him from ~60 mph, I noticed he started accelerating, holding me off. I figured what the heck , and I downshifted and went for it. He also went WOT and I proceeded to ever so slowly walk by him. I was pretty happy to pull him, considering the C6 is no slouch in stock form. The best part was, after I passed him (I will not discuss our speed at that point, lol), a light up ahead changed, and while we sat at the light for a minute, he got a good look at the SUBARU rear end of my car, lol. I always love teaching someone respect for Subarus

Anyway, it's my first "kill" so to speak in the latest Scooby, so just wanted to post.
    Is this the Forester that was discussed alot on nasioc? There was a black one with black rims and a polished lip that had a 20g and was putting down crazy numbers. Wonder if you bought that one? Anyways nice run. suprised to hear that a guy driving a vette even raced you. Hell most vette owners around here are all cotton tops driving a z06 at 50 mph in the fast lane.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

So when does the FXT get a FMIC?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Mark, JonnyD just told me that this was your car. Nice! Hey man when are you going to send me that FMIC for my 03? What about heat soak with that 20g and no heat shield. Wrap up that turbo man! Cats no cats? Do you have the 4/11 diffs? need details????? very impressive..

take care man!
    Last edited by enash99; 10-11-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Wow, thats sick!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Nice to see a fellow FXT owner lay the smack on a new C6. How's that tranny holding up (or are they PPGs)?
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.