20g '04 FXT vs C6 Corvette - 60 mph roll on - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 20g '04 FXT vs C6 Corvette - 60 mph roll on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is it still the stock tranny and gears? That thing is sweet!...

Is it still the stock tranny and gears? That thing is sweet!
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That FXT is great.
    1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951)
    1992 BMW 525i (beater)

I wouldn't expect that from an FXT if I was the C6 owner! An awesome sleeper!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

i saw a sick one of these in hawaii (on kuaui) at an art gallery. it had sti brakes, gold sti bbs's, sti susp., rear strut bar, and i think sti motor? not sure i thought i saw the sti top mount. it looked gooooooooooood.blk on gold

video? more pics?

any other mods besides engine?

Up hill Battle!

Hey guys,

This made me smile this A.M.

On my way to work in my 04 stage 2+ WRX (240WHP) I noticed a red 04 L6 vette positioning for a pass as we pulled away from the light. It was a wide open up hill 4 lane road and we both went to WOT. I pulled ahead through 2nd gear but once I hit 3rd my gains stopped..... but by 4th I was way ahead. These guys don't like to excede 100. Cold morning air helps! Respect the WRX!
    Z-ray

Up hill Battle!

Hey guys,

This made me smile this A.M.

On my way to work in my 04 stage 2+ WRX (240WHP) I noticed a red 04 C6 vette positioning for a pass as we pulled away from the light. It was a wide open up hill 4 lane road and we both went to WOT. I pulled ahead through 2nd gear but once I hit 3rd my gains stopped..... but by 4th I was way ahead. These guys don't like to excede 100. Cold morning air helps! Respect the WRX!
    Z-ray

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the many compliments, guys. I've been away from the forums, so I apologize for the delayed response.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6 View Post
    any other mods besides engine?
    Besides the Karboy short shifter, bushings, and knob, the car also has some pretty extensive suspension mods:

Whiteline ALK
    Whiteline Differential Bushing Kit
    Perrin Adjustable 22MM sway bar front
    Whiteline Rear 22MM sway bar rear
    Whiteline Front Endlinks
    Whiteline Rear Endlinks
    unknown springs that the previous owner installed that slightly tuck the wheels

Also, 6000K HI/LOW HID Kit for headlights
    Last edited by annointed; 12-07-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    Is it still the stock tranny and gears? That thing is sweet!
    Yes. Stock gearing is amazing on the Forester (4.444). As long as the tranny holds up, I'm completely satisfied with it. In my blue WRX, the tranny gave up the ghost within days of dynoing 326 whp/320 ft lbs, and I loved the RA gearset that I replaced it with...but the Forester's STOCK gearing is even sweeter yet....no doubt because of the insane final drive ratio.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Mark, JonnyD just told me that this was your car. Nice! Hey man when are you going to send me that FMIC for my 03? What about heat soak with that 20g and no heat shield. Wrap up that turbo man! Cats no cats? Do you have the 4/11 diffs? need details????? very impressive..

take care man!
    Yo! Any friend of Jon's is a friend of mine! Sorry, the FMIC WRX is now sold, and ripping it up out in Kansas! lol...I owned 3 WRX's at once earlier this year, but unloaded them to make way for the NSX/Forester combo, and must say I'm loving it

As for heat soak, I'm very tempted to have the turbo heat wrapped, but my first jdm WRX swap back in college (Jon even had a ride in that one! lol) had no heat shield, and it didn't give me any problems, although having no heat shield is certainly less than ideal. No comment on the cat situation. Diffs are stock 4.444 final. I've owned a 4.111 WRX before (jdm swap), and it was sweet, but nothing like the 4.444. Anyway, hope all's well down in sunny FL. It's supposed to hit 21 degrees F tonight, so I'll probably be Outbacking it tomorrow to let the NSX and Forester sleep in
    Last edited by annointed; 12-07-2006 at 10:39 PM.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Mark post the pics of the NSX that car is beautiful! Jonny said when he was up there and you scooped him up that it was amazing, whats the future mod list for that?

p.s. I need to start tutoring.. Grats on the many many many cars you have moded.. let me know what you still have laying around im looking for a few specific things, if you talk to Jon he may tell you, oh he said the checks in the mail. So when you comming down here man. Its cold up there take a Vaca. You can drive my scooby while your here.. it's not your Forester but 300whp isnt too shabby
    Last edited by enash99; 12-07-2006 at 09:48 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by annointed View Post

It's supposed to hit 21 degrees F tonight, so I'll probably be Outbacking it tomorrow to let the NSX and Forester sleep in
    21 degrees! Damn its cold down there.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Mark post the pics of the NSX that car is beautiful! Jonny said when he was up there and you scooped him up that it was amazing, whats the future mod list for that?
    Yup, Jonny and I cruised AC for a bit. Down the road I'll either do a tried and true Comptech Supercharger or turbo kit, as there are several interesting developments in turbo kits for the NSX over the past year. For now, its just my "cruise around town and look like a superstar vehicle," lol. When I need a hit on the go-fast-crack-pipe, I have to break out the XT. This NSX is definitely a keeper though, since they're not making them anymore, and it brings a huge to my face every time I drive it

Last edited by annointed; 12-07-2006 at 10:41 PM.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Quote Originally Posted by annointed View Post
    Yup, Jonny and I cruised AC for a bit. Down the road I'll either do a tried and true Comptech Supercharger or turbo kit, as there are several interesting developments in turbo kits for the NSX over the past year. For now, its just my "cruise around town and look like a superstar vehicle," lol. When I need a hit on the go-fast-crack-pipe, I have to break out the XT. This NSX is definitely a keeper though, since they're not making them anymore, and it brings a huge to my face every time I drive it

OMG that car is the sex! I mean its just drippin! I would hit it.... Any plans to come down for a visit? If you come down after Feb sometime we will have the new M5 to play with..
    Last edited by enash99; 12-08-2006 at 12:10 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.