'06 WRX TR vs '06 Civic Si
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '06 WRX TR vs '06 Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight I was driving home from taking some pictures of my new 'Rex when I spotted a red Si waiting ...

'06 WRX TR vs '06 Civic Si

Tonight I was driving home from taking some pictures of my new 'Rex when I spotted a red Si waiting at a light. I quickly grabbed the spot next to him and waited for the green light Once it changed, we both started easing on the gas more and more, I could tell he was sizing me up since we were just cruising at around 3k rpm (I was doing the same) until I finally heard him go WOT. I was luckily around 4K in first gear, so boost came on nicely. I was literally neck and neck until he hit Vtec range, and I was just shifting into second, so he pulled away a bit. Once he shifted to 2nd though I was well into my 2nd gear and started creeping back onto his bumper. By the time I was topping out 3rd, I had to start slowing down since traffic was coming on quick, but the Si was behind me about 1.5 car lengths

At the next light, he told me he had an axel-back exaust, and seemed surprised how fast the WRX's were. I got a friendly beep and wave when I turned off though, and did the same.

Has anyone else raced a stock Si? For being 200hp, it was much quicker than I imagined...I think from a stop it would have been much easier since he would have spun off the line.
    Last edited by Thaddy; 10-08-2006 at 07:08 PM.
    '06 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never had any experiences with them, but I am surprised he kept up with you that much from such low speeds. They are high 14sec cars @ 95/96mph. So from a roll they would def. keep up, but he did quite well considering the circumstances.

Either way, they are pretty nice cars and once mods start flowing in more they will be competition seeing as how well the rsx-s are responding to mods.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I also should have mentioned it was the first time I really stretched the legs of my 'Rex, so my n00bishness certainly gave him an edge. I was proud to take down the Si for my first kill though
    '06 WRB WRX

Interesting, My dad is looking into/getting an SI. He is also considering a WRX after hearing me talk about mine. Nice race.
    New England F4
    04 WRB

I bet at a better RPM range you would have taken him by more. He had the NA advantage there. Not too bad for your first time putting the WRX through the motions.

Go stage 2, it's the best $ I ever spent on a car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Stage 2 will come with time. First I'd like to get a short-shifter, then probably a downpipe. After that it's either exaust or suspension parts. We'll see, but I'm happy the 'Rex can take on an Si when all odds were against me
    '06 WRB WRX

Stock vs Stock, you should have the win.
    02 WRX
    New England F4

Most of the SI's I've seen run at the strip were all stock and all of them were mid 15 second cars. But like was said earlier they do respond well from mods. But you still should not have much trouble from them.
    "I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -George Best

uhhh

boostless is useless! wrx ftw
    +1
    03 WRX - daily driver
    91 teg - needs a trans, the current one is soup.

Man from a roll it's got to be close with those SI's. My 06 has to work to get away from Chevy malibu's from a roll. I bet an SI is a close race. 1.5 cars is a close race. Stg 2 however should be a totally different beast, and mod for mod the wrx rules the SI handily. No contest.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Man from a roll it's got to be close with those SI's. My 06 has to work to get away from Chevy malibu's from a roll. I bet an SI is a close race. 1.5 cars is a close race. Stg 2 however should be a totally different beast, and mod for mod the wrx rules the SI handily. No contest.
    Yeah I was a bit afraid when he pulled away, but that engine just didn't have the power outside of VTAK() to hang.
    '06 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddy
    Yeah I was a bit afraid when he pulled away, but that engine just didn't have the power outside of VTAK() to hang.
    Yep that's what I feel when I run a bit. Things are too close compared to my old 2002 stage 2. I really got use to jsut smashing anyone who comes near, where as now I really have to work to win. The 06 handles far better though. It's turn-in is an answer to a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Never had any experiences with them, but I am surprised he kept up with you that much from such low speeds. They are high 14sec cars @ 95/96mph. So from a roll they would def. keep up, but he did quite well considering the circumstances.

Either way, they are pretty nice cars and once mods start flowing in more they will be competition seeing as how well the rsx-s are responding to mods.
    it's like the wrx vs. the Lude, thing

if the honda isn't going to get FI, I don't see it doing much.

Honda = no torque
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude
    it's like the wrx vs. the Lude, thing

if the honda isn't going to get FI, I don't see it doing much.

Honda = no torque
    Yep, and we all know that Honda, plus FI w/o new internals, eventually = BOOM!

Cool race, I love the new SI.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.