2006 WRX vs 2000 Civic w/ K20 ?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs 2000 Civic w/ K20 ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Skunkers Again, I'm agreeing with you, I'm not saying you're wrong. The kid you're talking about did ...

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers View Post
    Again, I'm agreeing with you, I'm not saying you're wrong. The kid you're talking about did indeed do a K20 swap. If the engine was stolen or happened upon or something, that changes matters. But 99% of people that do engine swaps don't swap to the slowest engine they can get. When someone says they did an SR20 swap, you don't assume it was an N/A SR20DE out of a Sentra or Silvia Qs. You assume it's an SR20DET out of a Silvia Ks. Likewise when someone swaps a 2JZ into an N/A Supra or SC300/IS300, chances are it's a GTE. Or like I said, an EJ25 swap on this forum is going to 9 times out of 10 be a WRX/STI 2.5.

That's the only point I'm making. Don't assume that K20 swaps are slow, since the more common K20 swaps will be capable of 275hp NA when modded (and if they are swapped, they are certainly modded).
    yeah, i definitely see what your saying... a base model RSX k20 is still an upgrade from a crappy D series without VTEC (i think thats what he had before?), i'm sure the kid got it cheap or stolen... hell, my brother has a 91 hatch (EF) with a d16 swap (don't know the engine code) w/ VTEC, but he rebuilt it, used way stronger internals and is now shopping for the right turbo -- he started the project while he was still in school so his budget was very limited...

i know what you mean...if i was going to put out money for an engine swap i'd go with the k20a2 (k20 type-s) or the b18 (god only knows the engine code?), the 180hp one from the integra type-r... with the right engine, right mods and tuned properly honda/acuras can be deadly
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 10-27-2006 at 02:55 PM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345