2006 WRX vs 2000 Civic w/ K20 ?? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs 2000 Civic w/ K20 ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TigsteRz whats up w/ this race up a hill? or race during the rain comments? I just ...

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    whats up w/ this race up a hill? or race during the rain comments? I just dont understand it...

he basically means he will have no traction in the rain and no torque for the hill...

I am anxious to see what happens though. For some reason I find launching so much harder with my WRX than my GSX, IDK why? The way its looking I should have all the turbo back stuff this week and have the car tuned if not by this up coming weekend by the middle of next week.
    New England F4

Turbo XS Bov FS/Trade (HKS sequential)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven
    Are you retarded? Low 13's? The regular k20 is only 160hp & it's heavier than the B16's with 160hp which do not run low 13's...

And to all these people bringing up slicks, yeah obviously they're going to help out tremendously. How many intelligent people would race someone with slicks if the cars were approximately close in HP to begin with?
    It is the k20a2 which he is reffering to which is 200 hp.... 180-200whp on a 2500 lb car, do the math.
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

Registered User 3rdeyevisual209's Avatar
    Are you retarded? Low 13's? The regular k20 is only 160hp & it's heavier than the B16's with 160hp which do not run low 13's...

And to all these people bringing up slicks, yeah obviously they're going to help out tremendously. How many intelligent people would race someone with slicks if the cars were approximately close in HP to begin with?

you are talkin about the base model rsx. type s has 200hp.

i think there's more info needed.. k20 swap isn't for little girls tho, so that car isn't even remotely slow.. don't pass it off like its gonna be easy to beat... k20 = $$

and yes, RSX type S = 200 hp.. check out acura's website if you're not sure... i've driven a few type s's and i wanted one until i drove a few. vtec is borderline useless in those, it has celica gts syndrome, where the rpms kick up.. almost magically when you hit vtec, and then it lives its 1500 rpms of glory.. seroiusly, they're pretty limited without some ecu tuning, but i doubt anyone would pay to have a k20 swap, cammed and not have some EM..
    03 WRX - daily driver
    91 teg - needs a trans, the current one is soup.

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    whats up w/ this race up a hill? or race during the rain comments? I just dont understand it...
    It is just people being stupid and digging up ridiculous race conditions to try and earn some spec of superiority for themselves.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    It is just people being stupid and digging up ridiculous race conditions to try and earn some spec of superiority for themselves.
    And i was kidding!
    New England F4
    04 WRB

One thing with Hondas: They can be either really slow or very quick. With that in mind, I wouldnt take this K20-SI lightly. If his 1/4 is below 14s forget about it.
    02 WRX
    New England F4

Yeah, K20A2s/Z1s can hit somewhere around 275bhp N/A with I/H/E, cams, and Hondata. Which as someone else said, Hondata is virtually guarenteed if he has cams and any kind of sense. It's the cheapest, best option for K20 EM. Hondata drops VTEC engagement to a lower RPM, raises the rev limiter to like 8600RPM, and tunes for much more power. The K20 is just a monster engine when tuned, it's pretty much the best N/A 4-cyl ever. Most will argue it's actually a better engine than the F20.

I honestly would not be surprised to hear your friend dynos 240-250whp. And with that kind of power in a more-than-likely gutted Civic hatch with a good set of tires, you're in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Yeah, K20A2s/Z1s can hit somewhere around 275bhp N/A with I/H/E, cams, and Hondata. Which as someone else said, Hondata is virtually guarenteed if he has cams and any kind of sense. It's the cheapest, best option for K20 EM. Hondata drops VTEC engagement to a lower RPM, raises the rev limiter to like 8600RPM, and tunes for much more power. The K20 is just a monster engine when tuned, it's pretty much the best N/A 4-cyl ever. Most will argue it's actually a better engine than the F20.

I honestly would not be surprised to hear your friend dynos 240-250whp. And with that kind of power in a more-than-likely gutted Civic hatch with a good set of tires, you're in serious trouble.

Yeah what he said...=)
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers

I'd love to take one and drop it in a stripped EG hatch. 11's all day fo sho
    2007 SWP STI
    2006 WRB WRX 11.5@119mph ~sold

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    It is the k20a2 which he is reffering to which is 200 hp.... 180-200whp on a 2500 lb car, do the math.
    you said k20, not k20a2... and i did the math = 160hp on a 2500 lb car does not equal low 13's...

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    I will bet money that you will lose, pretty badly especially on the freeway. Civics, weigh like 2500 lbs. literally. Even just with the k20 he will be runnin low 13's. With cams and all that other stuff, at the track with slicks he could hit 12's. You might have a driver's chance at stage 2 from a dig...
    if your talking about a k20a2 then don't just say k20 and not expect confusion, toolbag... i've heard of ricers dropping base model RSX k20's in their civics, it's not unheard of, especially since these engine swaps are mostly from stolen cars - they take whatever they can get
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 10-11-2006 at 06:33 PM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Just so everyone knows...

K20A = 2002+ JDM Integra Type R
    K20A2 = 2002+ Acura RSX Type S
    K20A3 = 2002+ Acura RSX / 2002+ Honda Civic Si (EP3 has a different intake manifold than RSX)
    K24A2 = 2003+ Acura TSX
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 10-11-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    +1

you said k20, not k20a2... and i did the math = 160hp on a 2500 lb car does not equal low 13's...

if your talking about a k20a2 then don't just say k20 and not expect confusion, toolbag... i've heard of ricers dropping base model RSX k20's in their civics, it's not unheard of, especially since these engine swaps are mostly from stolen cars - they take whatever they can get
    Well, the regular K20A (JDM ITR) is 220hp, not 160hp. So an actual plain K20 would technically be the strongest K20 motor they produce. The 160hp model would be an A3 (Either base RSX or previous gen Civic Si). The A2 (Early model Type-S) /Z1 (Late model Type-S) /Z3 (New Si) are all different derivatives of the same engine and they all make ~200hp.

You're right, K20A3 swaps are not unheard of. But generally speaking when you're talking about a K20 swap, you can assume it's a Type-S/Type-R K20, not an A3 RSX engine. Likewise on this forum, when you hear someone's swapping to an EJ25, you can safely assume it's not coming from a Impreza 2.5RS.
    Last edited by Skunkers; 10-15-2006 at 01:19 AM.

damn hondas.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.