2006 WRX vs 2000 Civic w/ K20 ?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs 2000 Civic w/ K20 ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Newera09 thats what I am aiming for. Hopefully a few questions will be cleared up this weekend ...

Quote Originally Posted by Newera09
    thats what I am aiming for. Hopefully a few questions will be cleared up this weekend at my first meet with some of the MA/NH guys @ TDC
    Yea talk to Jon @ TDC he's an old Honda guy (granted before the K-series existed)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you will lose, I lost to one im vf34 protuned w/ TMIC and headers. His vtec hits hard and he was also on drag slicks. watch out, once he gets traction its all over.
    Last edited by TigsteRz; 10-06-2006 at 02:02 PM.

you're going to need more than stage 2 to beat the bumble bee

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    you will lose, I lost to one im vf34 protuned w/ TMIC and headers. His vtec hits hard and he was also on drag slicks. watch out, once he gets traction its all over.
    Damn, what are your numbers? I am also vf34 with about 300 whp and i pull on em.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I Support ClubWRX

I'm sure the guy you ran had more mods then the car listed, as I doubt drag slicks are required for most street going hondas.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I will bet money that you will lose, pretty badly especially on the freeway. Civics, weigh like 2500 lbs. literally. Even just with the k20 he will be runnin low 13's. With cams and all that other stuff, at the track with slicks he could hit 12's. You might have a driver's chance at stage 2 from a dig...
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Damn, what are your numbers? I am also vf34 with about 300 whp and i pull on em.
    my low numbers 260WHP/245TQ protune on 91 oct. Lucky you, unfortunately I got rocked by a very fast civic. I think he ran a 12.4 at CMi in sacramento.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I'm sure the guy you ran had more mods then the car listed, as I doubt drag slicks are required for most street going hondas.
    he had kpro and we ran on and off the track(slicks), I will always get the jump then it be all over once he gets traction. watch out these civics can be scary.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    Even just with the k20 he will be runnin low 13's. With cams and all that other stuff, at the track with slicks he could hit 12's.
    Are you retarded? Low 13's? The regular k20 is only 160hp & it's heavier than the B16's with 160hp which do not run low 13's...

And to all these people bringing up slicks, yeah obviously they're going to help out tremendously. How many intelligent people would race someone with slicks if the cars were approximately close in HP to begin with?
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

like I said in another thread, find a place where there is a slight incline uphill (but not too noticeable) and race him there. His weight won't help him as much and certainly his torque won't either. It's all about the torque going uphill. If you're going to race from a roll, once again, try a freeway or something with a slight incline. That would improve your odds.

If you're going to record and have a camera man, either put him in the civic or have a tail car with the camera man.
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 10-07-2006 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven
    Are you retarded? Low 13's? The regular k20 is only 160hp & it's heavier than the B16's with 160hp which do not run low 13's...

And to all these people bringing up slicks, yeah obviously they're going to help out tremendously. How many intelligent people would race someone with slicks if the cars were approximately close in HP to begin with?
    Who said anything about the regular K20 in the first place though? The K20a2 (Type S motor) responds very well to bolt on mods. My friend with a 95 hatch had a K20a2 with i/h/e and kpro untuned and went 12.9 @ 108mph. I doubt any Stage 2 WRX will be touching that on the highway.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Tell him if you lose that you want to race him in the same place in the middle of january during a snow storm.
    New England F4
    04 WRB

Quote Originally Posted by 2gnt2wrx
    Tell him if you lose that you want to race him in the same place in the middle of january during a snow storm.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by 2gnt2wrx
    whats up w/ this race up a hill? or race during the rain comments? I just dont understand it...

whats up w/ this race up a hill? or race during the rain comments? I just dont understand it...
    AWD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.