Charger R/T, Nissan Titan, and firebird.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Charger R/T, Nissan Titan, and firebird. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Charger R/T 1st of all, i've heard from friends that there's no way i beat this guy.. but i don't ...

Charger R/T, Nissan Titan, and firebird.

Charger R/T
    1st of all, i've heard from friends that there's no way i beat this guy.. but i don't think ppl go half throttle up to 90mph.. i would just assume.. but ya know.. so i pull up next to this guy at a light, and we just casually drive off, and i blew off right next to him.. which pissed him off or something... mind you he has a wife and kid in the car.. wtf was he thinking?.. i dunno.. so anyways, he floors it, pulls about 2 cars on me from.. a 25 roll (approx).. and then i just went for it, and walked him.. the fun part was at the next stoplight, where the wife is screaming at him and he's just lookin straight at the road. lol..

Nissan Titan
    now normally, when someone wants to race your or something, they'll slow down, give a hand signal, beep, flash some lights, start revving.. something... but this dude had some sort of strange way of communicating.. he looked at me like he wanted to kill me.. for no apparent reason, at which time i smiled, and we both went.. i got him by.. about a car and a half.. we hit another stoplight.. and he looked even more pissed, so i launched, got about 4 cars at about 70, and shut it down.. seeing how i was in the worst area ever for cops and street racing...

V6 firebird.. damn.
    this one is my favorite. i was turning out of my driveway, and i pull up behind this guy at a stop sign, i blew off, which is apparently the american car owner's signal for "race".. i think of it as, when i'm shifting with positive boost built up. anyways. let me describe this completely worthless car to you fine folks. the car has a big pontiac firebird sticker on the rear window, he's got some pepboys exhaust tips or something, and they're hanging unevenly, not to mention the car's ugly to begin with.. the road splits off to 2 lanes, so he decides to get next to me, and floor it, at which time i floor it, and at about 65.. i shut it down, because it was obviously over.. and ive' gotten 2 tickets on that road already... poor guy.. can't even purchase a nice inefficient V8..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i couldnt find what it weighed but it only has 340 hp. so youd pull if modded prob. he also might have floored it then cut back when she started yelling. i dunno they dont make torque till 4800rpm so ur prob pull harder.

the trans am is the definition of sad redneck. but yeah revving and blowing off next to someone pretty much IS how to say "i want to race", it was started with the language of hondareiss ( ).

if it seems like u race alotttt, no wonder tickets?

What do you drive and what mods do you have? wrx with bov and cai?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by function/form
    we just casually drive off, and i blew off right next to him.. which pissed him off or something...
    Ewww

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    What do you drive and what mods do you have? wrx with bov and cai?

HAAAAA!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Ewww
    +1

I bet that would piss a lot of guys off...
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Yep, the charger backed off. At 2 cars on you the race is over. Oops I don't know what car you drive so maybe the race isn't, but more than likely his wife threatened to take his a$$ the devorce court and take half his s^%t when he was done flooring it!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

charger meeah

I was talking to a state trooper who recently received a charger for his work vehicle. I was asking him how he liked it and if they came modded? He stated that yeah they have some minor engine mods, but were really dogs up to about 80mph. After 80 he said it was fun to drive. I was supprised to findout that most of the mods were in the suspension, breaks and transmision. So long story short race chargers up to 80-90 then call it quits.
    mmmmmmmmmm, turbo!
    Cobb Stage 2

The Hemi-equipped vehicles have very invasive power/torque management programming so they're slower from a stop than the numbers would have you believe.

I find it amusing that domestic manufacturers choose to limit engine power rather than designing and producing a drivetrain that can handle the power on a daily basis. This way they get to advertise big HP numbers but make mediocre transmissions.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I find it amusing that domestic manufacturers choose to limit engine power rather than designing and producing a drivetrain that can handle the power on a daily basis. This way they get to advertise big HP numbers but make mediocre transmissions.
    if they're limiting power in the low end, it's probably to pass emissions testing and increase the city mpg rating. eventually, pushrods will just be phased out due to ever increasing standards.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

+1 on emissions being the reason... or do you really think American auto manufactuerers don't know how to make a high HP tranny? riiightttt.....
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

yeah, i dunno... i mean i was pretty sure i was gonna get owned by the charger, i don't race that much, it just happens day to day, and i definitely didn't rev hard at the ppl i blew off next to.. i'm talking like.. 2-3 psi blow offs, and i'm casually driving.. so i dunno, i commute alot, i drive alot, and i live by alot of ppl who HATE imports.. i guess i shouldn't say imports.. but 4 cyl. turbo cars in general.. its kinda funny.. because we all hang out at the same house, and about 2 blocks away, there's a guy who builds alot of v8s.. but i have respect for everybody who has an interest in cars, and can go fast and have fun with it.

BTW.. american cars can build some amazingly strong trannies!!!!.. they're just not like.. vibration/noise/emissions friendly, i don't think anybody with a 4 cyl should knock the transmission on anybody who drives v8s.. 02/03's like to blow up on our cars, and just about every other inexpensive turbo car..
    Last edited by function/form; 10-06-2006 at 01:17 AM.

I'm sensing... a severe lack of knowledge...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by function/form
    02/03's like to blow up on our cars, and just about every other inexpensive turbo car..

Umm you should read about the 03 tranny, its not the same as the 02. And the wrx at 25k is not an inexpensive turbo car.

300WHP 51k miles, Stock tranny with Orginal factory clutch. And i drive it HARD every day.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    +1 on emissions being the reason... or do you really think American auto manufactuerers don't know how to make a high HP tranny? riiightttt.....
    Ohh, they know how all right -- they just won't do it because it "costs too much."

I have a GMC truck too, and the msg boards are filled with FAQs on the how's and why's of torque reduction programming, which started in 1997-1998 or so. You'll find that anyone removing it with a custom program is also urged to beef up their transmission or you can expect it to fail in short order.

I only assumed the DCM cars & trucks were in the same boat -- that they were worried about the longevity (and warranty claims for) the transmission, drive shaft, U-joints, etc. if they actually let you have all that low end torque the engine produces.

throw this into Google: hemi "torque management"

and read some of the results. I can see retarding power during a shift but doing it just because you want to go WOT in 1st gear is stupid, or at least just plain lazy.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.