Killed GTI, Civic, 911 Turbo,& Jaguar
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Killed GTI, Civic, 911 Turbo,& Jaguar within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just a few kills I've made lately: I was down in Tampa last month and some guy with his girlfriend ...

Killed GTI, Civic, 911 Turbo,& Jaguar

Just a few kills I've made lately:

I was down in Tampa last month and some guy with his girlfriend in a new GTI kept revving at my buddy and I. Pacing us speeding up and slowing down, etc. Finally I grew tired of it, and downshifted to second, and slowed down for a 30 roll. He got on it, and I pulled about 6 cars by 85mph and shut down.

The same night, we pulled up to a light with a Jaguar sedan in the far lane. Couldn't see what model it was We were sitting at the light chatting, and my friend mentioned the guys in the Jag are staring at us. I looked over and sure enough I see both of them giving us the stinkeye. I scan around us for cops and don't see any. I figured I'm not going to start any crap, let these two do what they want. The light turns green and I ease into first. I hear the chirp of tires from the far lane and I immediately launch. By seventy mph, I was 5 lengths ahead and I let off.

Last week, back here in Panama City I pulled up at a stoplight with another friend riding with me. A car pulls up next to us. I look over and see an older Porsche 911. The driver (an older gentleman in his fifties probably) looks over and I wave. He doesn't respond, just goes back to looking straight ahead. The light turns green, and we ease forward. I had my window down and as we start to cross the intersection, I realize I can hear a turbo whistle coming from his car. Right as I notice this he nails it. He puts about a a doorlength on me then I reel him back in and put about 2 cars on him by 75mph and let off. He slows down too, not apparently wanting to pull back up next to me. I have to turn off to head into the mall, so as I'm slowing down in the turn lane I put my hand out the window and give him a thumbs-up. As he passes by us, he's completely locked up with both hands on the wheel staring straight ahead. I want to point out this looked like a much, much older 911. I'm not claiming to have killed a 996/997 Turbo .

Finally, the day before yesterday I was driving home from the beach by myself. As I was cruising along I drove by a completely stock green late nineties Civic DX sedan, thinking nothing of it. I pulled up at a redlight, it pulled up next to me, with two guys in it. The light turned green, and out of nowhere, the Civic tears ass out of the intersection. The very next redlight is only half a block from this one so I just let them go. I pull up next to them at the next light and look over, and they're both just sitting there minding their own business. Like they didn't just haul ass out of an intersection only to have to slam on their brakes for a redlight seconds later. Anyway, the cross street of the intersection's redlights happen at different times. As the northbound lights turn red, the Civic starts to punch it again. Only to realize the light was still red and stop in his tracks. Now I'm ready for you, chump, way to go. When our light turns green, I hear the Civic spin his front wheels, and I floor it. I must have pulled 10 cars by the time a let off and started slowing down. I look in my rearview and I see the Civic still coming in hard for the flyby. I drop it back into third and proceed to put him from one length behind me to about six lengths behind me and let off for good. The Civic slows down too, and winds up pulling next to me. Both guys were flashing me thumbs ups. I smiled and returned the favor and drove the rest of the way home.

You gotta watch out for those sneaky Civics man. They're out there.

My mods: STI uppipe, Turbo XS race stealthback, Cobb AP Stage 2 93 Octane, JDM taillight mod .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Just a few kills I've made lately:

Last week, back here in Panama City I pulled up at a stoplight with another friend riding with me. A car pulls up next to us. I look over and see an older Porsche 911. The driver (an older gentleman in his fifties probably) looks over and I wave. He doesn't respond, just goes back to looking straight ahead. The light turns green, and we ease forward. I had my window down and as we start to cross the intersection, I realize I can hear a turbo whistle coming from his car. Right as I notice this he nails it. He puts about a a doorlength on me then I reel him back in and put about 2 cars on him by 75mph and let off. He slows down too, not apparently wanting to pull back up next to me. I have to turn off to head into the mall, so as I'm slowing down in the turn lane I put my hand out the window and give him a thumbs-up. As he passes by us, he's completely locked up with both hands on the wheel staring straight ahead. I want to point out this looked like a much, much older 911. I'm not claiming to have killed a 996/997 Turbo .

My mods: STI uppipe, Turbo XS race stealthback, Cobb AP Stage 2 93 Octane, JDM taillight mod .
    Older 911 or not =

He didn't look at you because he probably wasn't racing you

Yeah, that porsche had to be really old...cause i doubt a stage 2 wrx would beat a 993 turbo.

Maybe a 944 turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon
    Yeah, that porsche had to be really old...cause i doubt a stage 2 wrx would beat a 993 turbo.

Maybe a 944 turbo?
    I doubt even that.

car-stats.com has the mid 1980's Porsche 911's running low 13's @ 105-107 mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah but he's got "the JDM taillight mod" thats good for like 50hp.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    yeah but he's got "the JDM taillight mod" thats good for like 50hp.
    truf
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Maybe a 944 turbo?

I bet from a dig a 993 and a stage 2 wrx would be a drivers race for the first 1/8 mile then its all 993.

You can find alot of older Porshes around Tampa.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

mmmmm no. A 993 turbo is awd and 400hp stock. So even if they both launched, i think the porsche would have it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I beat a Viper once.

I think he may have been parked though.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I doubt even that.

car-stats.com has the mid 1980's Porsche 911's running low 13's @ 105-107 mph.

Yeah 20+ years ago maybe, i bet those cars run upper 13s to lower 14s now. Unless its a car that was never driven and taken care of perfectly its not going to be running as strong now as it was over 20 years ago. Plus porsche is not a very reliable car and they don't hold up well.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

mmmmm no. A 993 turbo is awd and 400hp stock. So even if they both launched, i think the porsche would have it.
    My friend has one. A 1992. The 993 is the last model that they had air cooled engines. Most of the 993 were not turbos. In fact in 92 the only way to get a 993 with the wide body 911 turbo was to buy the "roadster" edition and that was upgraded with 911 turbo brakes, wheels, and engine but still no turbos. The turbo version of the 993 wasnt released till 1995 and that was the first turbo version with all wheel drive.

I found a good write up on the 993. I had no idea it could do 270 km/h

http://www.answers.com/topic/porsche-993
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

And on top of that, they made a 993 turbo S which had 424hp, so even quicker. The 993 body is ony of my favorites because of the glorious and dreaded 959....

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I beat a Viper once.

I think he may have been parked though.
    I have a bellybutton.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret030
    I have a bellybutton.
    And a signature that's too long. Please shorten it to 6 lines or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    And a signature that's too long. Please shorten it to 6 lines or less.
    But he wants to tell you about 3 cars he doesnt even have ne more.....
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.