Killed GTI, Civic, 911 Turbo,& Jaguar - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Killed GTI, Civic, 911 Turbo,& Jaguar within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Trainrex And a signature that's too long. Please shorten it to 6 lines or less. 0wn3d...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    And a signature that's too long. Please shorten it to 6 lines or less.

0wn3d
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I bet from a dig a 993 and a stage 2 wrx would be a drivers race for the first 1/8 mile then its all 993.

You can find alot of older Porshes around Tampa.

not a chance...i had a veriosn 8 jdm sti making pretty decent power and wud walk away from modded sti's even, but 993 turbo's are fast. i had a colleague's of mine for a weekend and it isn't even close, from a stop, roll, 30-50-90-150 anything...not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

0wn3d

I got a good laugh out of the ownage
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Idk about not being able to beat an earlier turbo, guys. From lower speeds I bet a stage 2 could pretty easily walk a 930 turbo. I think they are more of a highspeed Autobahn kinda thing.
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmatt00
    not a chance...i had a veriosn 8 jdm sti making pretty decent power and wud walk away from modded sti's even, but 993 turbo's are fast. i had a colleague's of mine for a weekend and it isn't even close, from a stop, roll, 30-50-90-150 anything...not even close.

I should have stated the N/A ones. not he TT. Your right tho the TT would just ow3n the wrx even modded.. My setup is blazing fast but i would get my arse handed to me..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I should have stated the N/A ones. not he TT. Your right tho the TT would just ow3n the wrx even modded.. My setup is blazing fast but i would get my arse handed to me..

when i reread your post i actually was wondering if u meant 993 tt or just 993 n/a...i think we all took for granted tt bc we were all talking abt turbo...a n/a may be close from a dig like u said..For comparison, i hung with the 993tt thru abt 60 in my old subie, but that was abt it, so that is like 4 seconds and he is gone...rolling no chance....i ran some stock sti a few times a driving speeds, 50-70 or so and it honestly was a joke...you have to really lay off the throttle on the 993tt to stay with a stock sti, otherise bye bye...

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835
    But he wants to tell you about 3 cars he doesnt even have ne more.....

You dont have to be an a$$... why is that a problem that i said about my cars i have had since I started driving subarus... wow...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmatt00
    when i reread your post i actually was wondering if u meant 993 tt or just 993 n/a...i think we all took for granted tt bc we were all talking abt turbo...a n/a may be close from a dig like u said..For comparison, i hung with the 993tt thru abt 60 in my old subie, but that was abt it, so that is like 4 seconds and he is gone...rolling no chance....i ran some stock sti a few times a driving speeds, 50-70 or so and it honestly was a joke...you have to really lay off the throttle on the 993tt to stay with a stock sti, otherise bye bye...
    he was talking about a turbo 911...not N/A.... reread the first post. The porsche guy wasn't racing probably

This was definitely a 930 turbo guys, I said right in the first post I wasn't claiming to have beaten a modern 911. It was definitely a 911, and it was definitely turbo, and he definitely tried to race me. I did a little research to see what I was racing, and it looks like the older 911 Turbo's were about 260hp/RWD. The apparently had the same 5-speed out of the regular 911, which was mismatched to the Turbo model's powerband. Quarter mile times averaging between 13.4 and 13.7, which makes it very plausible that I could beat one, especially if it was stock and ragged out.

Don't rush out here to call BS all at once.

P.S. My JDM taillights give me at least 70hp, you jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret030
    You dont have to be an a$$... why is that a problem that i said about my cars i have had since I started driving subarus... wow...
    Because we don't care what cars you used to dirve.

http://car-stats.com/stats/search/chooseyear.aspx

check that out, unless it was a really old 911 he probably wasnt racing. All the newer ones are easily trapping over 110mph and running low 12's.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Exactly.

I've been trying to stress all along this was an older car. I'm guessing it was a late 80's 930 911 Turbo. Everywhere I've looked I've seen the 89's going slower than the 86's. I imagine they must be heavier due to equipment or something.

I'm sure a real Porsche-phile will show up and set things straight eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Exactly.

I've been trying to stress all along this was an older car. I'm guessing it was a late 80's 930 911 Turbo. Everywhere I've looked I've seen the 89's going slower than the 86's. I imagine they must be heavier due to equipment or something.

I'm sure a real Porsche-phile will show up and set things straight eventually.
    Like I said though, even the mid-late 80's 911T's were running well into the 13's @ 106mph or so.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Even if this was an older Porsche that used to run high-13's...don't you think time would have taken a toll on the car? Also, factor in any spec of driver error, and that makes it a very close race...
    '06 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Just a few kills I've made lately:

The same night, we pulled up to a light with a Jaguar sedan in the far lane. Couldn't see what model it was We were sitting at the light chatting, and my friend mentioned the guys in the Jag are staring at us. I looked over and sure enough I see both of them giving us the stinkeye. I scan around us for cops and don't see any. I figured I'm not going to start any crap, let these two do what they want. The light turns green and I ease into first. I hear the chirp of tires from the far lane and I immediately launch. By seventy mph, I was 5 lengths ahead and I let off.

My mods: STI uppipe, Turbo XS race stealthback, Cobb AP Stage 2 93 Octane, JDM taillight mod .
    I was up againt a Jaguar S Type-R and he walked me.
    I'm also Cobb stg 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.