'06 TR vs. '05 STI...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on '06 TR vs. '05 STI... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I ran this guy in his '05 STi from about 10mph to 80 mph. All I have to say ...

'06 TR vs. '05 STI...

Today I ran this guy in his '05 STi from about 10mph to 80 mph. All I have to say is wow... I didn't think my car would keep up so good! He only pulled like 1 carlength, MAYBE a car and a half. I love my car more and more everyday now. I stopped at the gas station with him, we talked for a minute and he said, " you think that was fun, wait until it snows!!" That got me pretty excited.

I also ran a Talon TSI (awd turbo) the other day. Not sure of the year, but it had exhaust and gauges, so who knows... anyways, from a 60 roll, I pulled on him pretty hard to about 105.

These have been my only two races. I'm not some young punk out there lookin' to race everyone and everything, like Ford Explorers.
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mangiapane
    These have been my only two races. I'm not some young punk out there lookin' to race everyone and everything, like Ford Explorers.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

i needed a good laugh.
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
    i needed a good laugh.
    +2 me 2

nice dude...i hope he see's this.....

I would have thought NorCalBugEye and jwarwin would have been counseling this youngster in the ills of street racing and how wreckless his bahavior is. You guys are so lame it's sad.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

Quote Originally Posted by Robert46123
    I would have thought NorCalBugEye and jwarwin would have been counseling this youngster in the ills of street racing and how wreckless his bahavior is. You guys are so lame it's sad.
    dude, you are such a cherry....we are lame???you raced a FORD EXPLORER!! well done my friend, great kill....

to the OP. good job..

Quote Originally Posted by Robert46123
    You were you just as wreckless on your encounter with that Explorer thread of yours!!

Anyway... the 06 models are more potent than the previous years! There's almost no reason to buy the STI since you can get good performance with the WRX. And with simple modifications, it's on par, with the STI easier than previous years.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 10-04-2006 at 09:01 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I know all this started in another thread ...but

i have to agree with Robert. Those SUV's are everywhere that drive like an ass. I hate them all. They think just b/c they have more hp than most cars, they are faster then anything with less hp.

i remember a post that was on here a few years ago. The guy said he was walking into a store and saw a father with his two boys walking out. One of the boys said, "cool car (STI). Is it fast?" The STI owner was like yeah, its fast, 300 hp. The father said mine's faster, I've got 320 hp (FX 45). lol

Seriously ...not everyone has the general understanding of automobiles like us enthusiast. The majority of people think just like this guy did. They think itís all about hp and nothing else. I see them everyday ...flooring it to cut someone off and generally acting like a bad ass. I'm not saying its okay to race on the street, Iím just saying I understand wanting to show some dumbass that his SUV is not as fast as he thinks just b/c it makes a lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    You were you just as wreckless on your encounter with that Explorer thread of yours!!

Anyway... the 06 models are more potent than the previous years! There's almost no reason to buy the STI since you can get good performance with the WRX. And with simple modifications, it's on par, with the STI easier than previous years.
    except the handling, dccd, brakes, and tranny and bigger power capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    except the handling, dccd, brakes, and tranny and bigger power capabilities?
    Oh yea, no doubt that!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    Oh yea, no doubt that!

yo, and those cool STi stickers...

they give you at least 40HP at the wheels
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX CarPC Install

MP3 - VIDEO - DVD - FM Radio - XM Radio - WiFI - Bluetooth - GPS - NES, SNES, SEGA, PS1, GBA Emulators & Games

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

Quote Originally Posted by Imprez04
    yo, and those cool STi stickers...

they give you at least 40HP at the wheels

lol

Today I ran this guy in his '05 STi from about 10mph to 80 mph. All I have to say is wow... I didn't think my car would keep up so good! He only pulled like 1 carlength, MAYBE a car and a half. I love my car more and more everyday now. I stopped at the gas station with him, we talked for a minute and he said, " you think that was fun, wait until it snows!!" That got me pretty excited.

I also ran a Talon TSI (awd turbo) the other day. Not sure of the year, but it had exhaust and gauges, so who knows... anyways, from a 60 roll, I pulled on him pretty hard to about 105.

your car is stock? how can that be iff the sti has 40 or 50 more hp? (underrated i say its higher that 235).? someone told me a stg 2 wrx would be a close race with a stock sti.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    your car is stock? how can that be iff the sti has 40 or 50 more hp? (underrated i say its higher that 235).? someone told me a stg 2 wrx would be a close race with a stock sti.
    Well the 06 puts down good numbers now. still not an sti tho. but for older years stage 2 wrx is a close drivers race with STI that is stock. well that is what i noticed when i was stage 2. I might have had a little bit of an advantage but not much. Now vf-34 setup is as fast as a protuned stage 2 sti 300whp.

a vf-34 setup is a lot more than a stage 2 wrx. And the sti with just catless TBE, pulleys, and a good protune puts down the same numbers as the vf-34. just more torque down low tho..

when the day comes that my block pops ill be swaping for the 2.5 sti drive train.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.