'06 TR vs. '05 STI... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '06 TR vs. '05 STI... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow so basically aprotuned stg 2 sti is as fast as ur 02 with vf34? and a vf 34 is ...

wow so basically aprotuned stg 2 sti is as fast as ur 02 with vf34? and a vf 34 is more than a stg 2 06. yeah i think once u go stg 1 or 2 in the sti the reg. wrx go bye bye. but i will say the 06 is amazing and a great bargain. my roommate has one and all i can say are those diffs, brakes and tranny had better be worth the extra money (in the sti).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    my roommate has one and all i can say are those diffs, brakes and tranny had better be worth the extra money (in the sti).
    they are definately worth it. i owned a stage 2 04 WRX. now a stage 2 04 STi. auto-x'ed both of them up to national level. even stock STi to stg 2 WRX, it is a totally different car. better car. better handling, brakes, feel, steering response, seats, power, you name it, it is better...of yeah and the tranny...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert46123
    I would have thought NorCalBugEye and jwarwin would have been counseling this youngster in the ills of street racing and how wreckless his bahavior is. You guys are so lame it's sad.
    hey i have a 4-runner, want to race? your the reason why my insurance keeps going up. go buy a Honda before we see another Suby gone because of idiot drivers.
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
    hey i have a 4-runner, want to race? your the reason why my insurance keeps going up. go buy a Honda before we see another Suby gone because of idiot drivers.
    O.T. Who's your insurance company? Mine's gone down from $500/6 months to $388/ 6months over the past 4 years. I'm with Progressive.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
    too bad you are in CA, or i would buy you a beer...

Quote Originally Posted by jwarwin
    too bad you are in CA, or i would buy you a beer...
    ship it to me!! I pay something like $635 for 6 months with GMAC, thats with no accidents, or speeding tickets. they recently hiked the price a couple months back.
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    wow so basically aprotuned stg 2 sti is as fast as ur 02 with vf34? and a vf 34 is more than a stg 2 06. yeah i think once u go stg 1 or 2 in the sti the reg. wrx go bye bye. but i will say the 06 is amazing and a great bargain. my roommate has one and all i can say are those diffs, brakes and tranny had better be worth the extra money (in the sti).
    I have an 03 rex but yes, In fact (here comes the flames) i have an MBC in the car right now and i am running 22 psi down low around 4500 but at redline 18 and I have just a tad bit of pull on the Protuned 05 Sti that my friend has, his numbers with a cat in the car was 291/316 now he has removed the cat and is 3 inch all the way back. So imagine he picked up about 10 more HP with the cat being removed. (well thats what PDX said he would get when they tuned it). So i imagine i am in the 300whp range now as well. Bad thing is IM using the MBC =( but i data log almost everytime im in the car and i am watching KC's etc.. And im not getting any PTB.!! oh well getting another tune in a couple of weeks ill trash the MBC so the ecu can control boost..

Quote Originally Posted by jwarwin
    they are definately worth it. i owned a stage 2 04 WRX. now a stage 2 04 STi. auto-x'ed both of them up to national level. even stock STi to stg 2 WRX, it is a totally different car. better car. better handling, brakes, feel, steering response, seats, power, you name it, it is better...of yeah and the tranny...

yes i agree, the beefy STi is much better, but for a minor amount of money you can easily get a wrx to handle better than the stock sti. You just have a much higher ceiling when it comes to the STi and modding.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Wow, this thread became something I wasn't expecting! Still a great thread though I think. I mean, I did start it.

Seriously though, I know the Sti is much more of a car than my TR. I would've traded his '05 sti for my '06 in a heartbeat. I also know that if we would've gone much past 80, he would've definitely started pulling on me harder. But from 10-80, he was LITERALLY inching away from me. I'm planning on trading in my TR for an '08 STI when they come out.

To the guy who likes to race SUVS.... ummm... shutup. This "youngster" (I'm 21, so yeah, I guess i'm a "youngster") knows more about cars than you do, doesn't get retarded on the streets because some old prick in an Explorer wants to race, is a better driver than you (guarantee it), and... well, that's pretty much it.

Anyway, thanks for all the responses guys.
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12