m5? cl600? help
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on m5? cl600? help within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey, i am going to get a new car when i return from rome. still considering what i want. i ...

m5? cl600? help

hey, i am going to get a new car when i return from rome. still considering what i want. i am looking at either an e39 BMW M5, 03 CL600, 03 S600, 911. There are a lot of other cars but i am quite comfused what i want. does anyone have any other ideas. i am looking in the price range of $30-50. probably nothing more than $50k though.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First question... why are you posting this in a wrx forum?? haha... my opinion... I like the 911!!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

because there are a lot of people in here with quite fair and unbiased posts. plus, i have a wrx probably longer than most on this site so i think i get special priveledges!

the 911 is actually really up on my list.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    hey, i am going to get a new car when i return from rome. still considering what i want. i am looking at either an e39 BMW M5, 03 CL600, 03 S600, 911. There are a lot of other cars but i am quite comfused what i want. does anyone have any other ideas. i am looking in the price range of $30-50. probably nothing more than $50k though.

Depends on how old of a 911 you want. i have driven several years of 911's and in my opninion the turbo is the only version that wont leave you disapointed that you invested alot of money into a car. This is not the comfort mobile tho, its nice and tight the seats are near perfect fit and conform to your body well, but its a snug fit. You will find 2000-2001 911 turbos for about 40-45k with about 40k miles on them.

You can get an e39 m5 for alot less than the 911. If comfort and mild power is your thing than this is the car. I noticed that you are trying to decide between a sedan and 2 seaters. you should figure this part out first. but for my friend and i the M5 fit the bill for us since we tend to have people with us alot! This car has good performance with a ton of luxury but my vf-34 spanks the M5, even with mods. So if absolute power is your target more than comfort then the 911 TT is still your car. You will find M5's 01+ with about 40 to 50 k miles on them for the low 40's. and usually after negotiating with the dealer or seller probably high 30's

I haven't driven an s600 so i can speak for this car. But i have driven the E55 AMG and i can say that is one hell of a car, if it was a true manuel shift. This is going to be similar to the M5 i would think but again, i have no idea. I have a friend that has one but i havent talked to him in about 6 months. Same for the CL600, i havnet driven this car either.

For me if i was single without a family, I would buy the 911TT. With that in mind, the BMW is the better all around car that i can speak for, but if you beat it you will break it. The drive train has a natural failure point built in to it. "The Clutch" so if your hard on the factory clutch you will wear it our fast and it's 1500 to replace at the dealer. We have gone through 3 of them in 2 years. 1 of them was the fault of the dealer due to them installing it wrong, and the 3rd we are still using. Our car is certified so we work some deals in replacing it with another factory one, but there is upgraded ones that you can buy and they will not void your warrenty.

hope my little bit of insite helps.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I am not even going to bother answering because for over a year now you have been talking about trying to pick up a M3, C32 AMG, etc... asap. and still nothing. I will let you decide and see if you actually end up getting it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I am not even going to bother answering because for over a year now you have been talking about trying to pick up a M3, C32 AMG, etc... asap. and still nothing. I will let you decide and see if you actually end up getting it.
    i know, i know! actually, i don't have the R32 anymore, well, kinda. My little brother has it and now and i need a new car, finally. i was driving a 2003 350z for the past few months till i moved over here in Rome. When i return, i will definately be needing a new car, seeing that i am stuck without a car. But, for some reason, 5 months from now, i may be here asking the same question because it always seems to happen.

anyways, if i can find a 911TT for 40-45K dollars, i would definately get it, but i havent found one. They do also come in 2+2 so that would help with the friends riding in my car problem.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

M5 or 911
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    M5 or 911
    +1.

911 = better performance but no rear seats.

M5 = not quite as good performance, but tons of room.

Considering your family has an arsenal of cars, I would go 911 and if you ever need extra room for something just borrow one of the other cars.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Prepare for all the 911 fanboys to pipe in.

I vote for the M5

Ferrari?

Yes I know that way to much money I just had to get it out of system. Sorry I just had to.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    <-- 911 fanboy.

Get a 911.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

A new Z4 M coupe or Porsche Cayman S starts at 49K. It probably won't be too long before used ones show up Their not as fast as the others but come one look that thing. How can anyone not own one.

Cavallino is going to stop giving useless advice now.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 10-03-2006 at 07:07 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, man...the Cayman S is just perfection.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Oh, man...the Cayman S is just perfection.
    Its definitely my favorite porshce.

The BMW looks better IMO but the Porsche probably performs better.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Its definitely my favorite porshce.

The BMW looks better IMO but the Porsche probably performs better.
    It easily won Car and Driver's test against the Z4 M. Mid-engine, relatively lightweight, badass chassis, great interior...oh man...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.