qt of a mach 1?

This is a discussion on qt of a mach 1? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been looking around trying to find the qt of Mach 1 Mustang and what a 2002 wrx would need ...

qt of a mach 1?

I've been looking around trying to find the qt of Mach 1 Mustang and what a 2002 wrx would need to take one down.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

03-04 Mach 1's will be in the low 5 second range for zero to 60 times and mid to lower 13's for the 1/4 mile with an average driver. With some practice a friend of mine has been able to get his down to 13.1 seconds in the quarter on stock tires. Add some stickies and you know you'll be lower. The strength of the Mach's come with the power band of the 4 valve 281 cu in engine. A lot of people mistakenly think they are just left over 2001 Cobra engines but they are not. They are completely reworked. And once you reach 80+ mph the shaker really does take an effect.

As for the 2002 bugeye you have a 1/4 (unmodded) of somewhere in the mid 14's. There is a difference of about 300 lbs between the two vehicles and you do have the benefit of the tenacious grip of the AWD but you're going to have to turn up the wick somewhere on your amount of boost and really work on the top end to keep up with the Stang. I'm by no means a Subie expert so I don't know the best way you can do this but I can tell you the about the Mach and that you will most likely have to do some serious mods to pace one.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy49
    03-04 Mach 1's will be in the low 5 second range for zero to 60 times and mid to lower 13's for the 1/4 mile with an average driver. With some practice a friend of mine has been able to get his down to 13.1 seconds in the quarter on stock tires. Add some stickies and you know you'll be lower. The strength of the Mach's come with the power band of the 4 valve 281 cu in engine. A lot of people mistakenly think they are just left over 2001 Cobra engines but they are not. They are completely reworked. And once you reach 80+ mph the shaker really does take an effect.

As for the 2002 bugeye you have a 1/4 (unmodded) of somewhere in the mid 14's. There is a difference of about 300 lbs between the two vehicles and you do have the benefit of the tenacious grip of the AWD but you're going to have to turn up the wick somewhere on your amount of boost and really work on the top end to keep up with the Stang. I'm by no means a Subie expert so I don't know the best way you can do this but I can tell you the about the Mach and that you will most likely have to do some serious mods to pace one.

Hope this helps!
    Agreed, my vf-34 pulls them now.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

To take them from a dig or roll you would need a tuned VF34. A well driven Stage2 should hold its own from a dig though.

They run low-mid 13's @ 104-106mph typically. They respond very well to mods though, so some basic bolt on's put them into 12's. A mach1's performance, stock and mod for mod is much more similar to a sti than a wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah i know that its in a diffrent class when it comes to raw speed. I really love that car and was just wondering what it could do in the QT because my buddy is getting one
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    yeah i know that its in a diffrent class when it comes to raw speed. I really love that car and was just wondering what it could do in the QT because my buddy is getting one
    Really low 13's if drives well. If is your average run-of-the-mill driver, 13.5-13.7.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Mach 1s are fast. lol

I. Márquez Still trying to figure out this rally car turbo thing.
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX wife's bone-stock daily diver
    '03 Ford Mustang Mach 1 slightly modded and driven daily
    '06 Mitsubishi Evolution IX brother's ride
    '70 Ford Torino GT convertible project 1
    '73 Ford Ranchero GT project 2/workhorse