vf34 vs stock 03 cobra,eclipseGT,srt-8,modded z28

This is a discussion on vf34 vs stock 03 cobra,eclipseGT,srt-8,modded z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way to work (very late so I missed rush hour) And I pull out on to the highway, ...

vf34 vs stock 03 cobra,eclipseGT,srt-8,modded z28

On my way to work (very late so I missed rush hour) And I pull out on to the highway, and just as I merg a modded z28 with no exhaust flys by me. Short story, we get to a stop light and a guy in a modded (intake, exhaust, suspension, etc.) convertible eclipse is asking me about my mods. He wanted me to give him a run, I figured hey why not maybe the Z will join. so we run and I pulled very hard on him, next light I get the Z to my left and he doesn’t acknowledged me so I didn’t want to be a prick so I just pulled away normally, then he nails it as I shift into second gear, so I hit it also. He pulled over a car on me from the jump and by 80 I was at his passenger door, oh well can’t win them all!

Just after that I stop at the bank then back on the road, I was stuck in a traffic accident and get beside a cobra, nice guy we talk about the cars he is still stock. I’m thinking I am going to get beat up bad, but to my surprise I didn’t. we nail it leaving a light going onto on of the bridges here and I actually had a little more and by the top of third I was ahead by about half a car. then 4th and it grew to a full car. we shutdown right after that, he gives me a thumbs up and tells me that it was a good run! fast car! he had a nice car, and was a nice driver!

Then next I get off the bridge and stopped at a light just before some twisties near our air port, I get behind an srt-8. next thing I hear is his tires churp as the light turns green, we turn and go under the bridge and we are WOT. second gear I get in the next lane and pull up to his back wheel, third I am a half a car ahead, 4th fully pasted him still pulling, After that I exited right near work and pulled in.

WOW tons of fun with this vf34. Side note. Let the flaming begin, I am doing some experimenting right now so was running an MBC set at 21 PSI. I know its not good to do but I have been data logging and I am very much in the safe zone, KC are next to nothing, A/F are great! my duty cycle is 88%. I really only worry about getting lean up top but I am just messing around with the MBC since I have it , I am going to let Cobb handle boost just need to get my tune correct first.

sry for the long ramblings just wanted to share my excitement.
    Last edited by enash99; 10-02-2006 at 08:25 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool... sounds like you had tons of fun with the vf34!!! I'm just happy to have my 06 wrx now instead of my 03 wrx... I want to wait til the warranty runs out to start modding mine... I want to go stage 2... but have that problem with wanting more power after I get some... would you recommend?? I am thinking that if i just go with the stage 2... i can do some suspension work and just make it a better all around car... and better looking wheels...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Wow, sounds like an awesome commute.

I wish my commute were that much fun.
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by Ret030
    Cool... sounds like you had tons of fun with the vf34!!! I'm just happy to have my 06 wrx now instead of my 03 wrx... I want to wait til the warranty runs out to start modding mine... I want to go stage 2... but have that problem with wanting more power after I get some... would you recommend?? I am thinking that if i just go with the stage 2... i can do some suspension work and just make it a better all around car... and better looking wheels...

I was thinking about his the other day. One of my friends is looking at the 06 wrx and we were thinking what would the best bang for buck with out breaking the warranty be. Best we came up with after talking to our subie dealer is gutted wrx uppipe or sti up pipe ( just to look stock) then a catted TBE and cobb stage 2 map. This way the cobb can quickly be reflashed back and our dealership here stated no conserns with warranty if you do just the TBE.

As for the suspension. I asked if i was able to put in some prodrive springs and some adjustable koni inserts and the service manager was ok with that as well. swap out front and rear sway bars for some Hotchkis bars and you have one good handling wrx that is quick with that cobb stage 2 map. You larger motor helps alot. I personaly havent driven a stage 2 06 wrx yet but i have heard of some pretty good numbers. I think you will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    Wow, sounds like an awesome commute.

I wish my commute were that much fun.
    I got lucky, my commute is never that nice. Right day right time.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Nice runs, but I am curious what kind of SRT8 was it as there are a few of them? Jeep, Magnum or 300c?
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I was thinking about his the other day. One of my friends is looking at the 06 wrx and we were thinking what would the best bang for buck with out breaking the warranty be. Best we came up with after talking to our subie dealer is gutted wrx uppipe or sti up pipe ( just to look stock) then a catted TBE and cobb stage 2 map. This way the cobb can quickly be reflashed back and our dealership here stated no conserns with warranty if you do just the TBE.

As for the suspension. I asked if i was able to put in some prodrive springs and some adjustable koni inserts and the service manager was ok with that as well. swap out front and rear sway bars for some Hotchkis bars and you have one good handling wrx that is quick with that cobb stage 2 map. You larger motor helps alot. I personaly havent driven a stage 2 06 wrx yet but i have heard of some pretty good numbers. I think you will be happy.

The 06s already have a catless uppipe... so no need to mess with that... I don't think the dealership I got it through would let me put a tbe on unless I got an spt one... how are they?? I have always liked the hks carbon ti myself... might just end up waiting until the warranty is up...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    Nice runs, but I am curious what kind of SRT8 was it as there are a few of them? Jeep, Magnum or 300c?
    300c

As for the TBE my ScoobySport exhaust is my 3rd exhaust on my car. one being the apexi N1 exhuast which was nice, but the SS exhaust is by far hands down the greatest exhaust ever made for a mid to high power WRX. The sounds is impossible to surpass.

http://www.rallyperformance.com/engi...port%20Exhaust
    Last edited by enash99; 10-02-2006 at 07:04 PM.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods