02 wrx vs 06 cobalt ss - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs 06 cobalt ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by function/form well i know the skittles can own the cobalt ss, stock v. stock.... and yeah, you ...

Quote Originally Posted by function/form
    well i know the skittles can own the cobalt ss, stock v. stock.... and yeah, you can launch on him no problem, 18in wheels aren't going to help him one bit.. i have a couple friends with srt4s(skittles as we call them)..... and my buddy runs a 13.5 on his 18s, but can't hook up on a dry road on a perfect day.. its a fun car to drive, kinda.. but as soon as it hits about.. 4500 rpms, the tires spin no matter what.. even post-launch.. another thing to keep in mind.. is that Fwd may be inferior.. but they can pull on us like its nothing when we're trying to move our huge drivetrain at higher speeds.. so in a flat out 1/4 mile.. you'd probably get edged out...just race him until you run out of 3rd.. if you're just catching a light or something... then you should be running out of road wherever you're at.
    Actually its the other way around in a flatout 1/4-mile as the previous poster stated, who did own a RL, you will probably win, but from a roll you will lose.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by function/form
    Fwd may be inferior.. but they can pull on us like its nothing when we're trying to move our huge drivetrain at higher speeds.. .
    that's a roll.. i might've given off the wrong impression? i agree with them beating us from a roll....

You know what, on my way home last night a girl in a Cobalt SS in that burnt orange color drove passed me. And i have to say, i think i actually found a car that i dislike even more than the SRT-4. I would own an SRT-4 long b4 i would own the SS. It has to be one of the ugliest things on the street, its body looks all bloated and that spoiler. Hold on..........

ok im back just had to puke in the trash can again... what an ugly car!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

My second car was a 98 Grand Prix GTP coupe, my buddy ronnie has a 05 SS, we raced 3 times I barely beat him all 3 times, they were all to 110~ish. We both had horrible wheel spin.
    I want an STI, but I love my car:
    1975 Type LT GMPP Crate 350 Vortec,Rebuilt TH350, B&M Holeshot 2600 Stall, Flowtech Ceramic Coated Headers, Holley Fuel kit, Msd Ignition, Custom Flowmasters,Adj Drag shocks.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cture002-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../350300hps.jpg

there's a kid at my school with a black ss. i can beat her from a roll and dig no problem. i'm still learning how to launch, i think that with a better driver it would be a closer race because i've sat in her car when she's floored it and it's got some pep to it.
    06' WRB TR(Stock)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12