Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

06 wrx vs. e46 m3!!

8K views 91 replies 37 participants last post by  D0WNxSH1FT 
#1 · (Edited)
the m3 turns onto the street with me and immediately lights it up showing how fast it is, it's fast and he knows how to drive. I follow him to a stoplight. We launch I jump on him 1 car length and stay there up to 100mph. I beat an m3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I. I could tell that our cars were equally fast in the low and middle end. We make a U turn and he starts talking **** sayin he beat me..... He wanted to fight sayin 'u wanna box' and 'I beat you'. It was so funny, how this punk ass rich bald guy wanted to fight. I beat him fair and square. AWD launch kills. I am only boosting 12.2 psi cobb stage 2 and I held him off. Im supposed to be at 15 or 16 psi. I think I have factory freak because m3 supposed to run low low 13's. I think I can pull high 12's when I get intake, pulley, intercooler, protune, and lighter rims, in fact i'm sure, especially after this race.
It was funny seeing this ricer rich boy bmw owner act like a jackass.... sad day for bmw owners.:rotfl:

#3 ·
ScstealthVR6 said:
soooo this is a sarcastic hoax and jokey post right?:screwy:
Why the hell would it be a joke. I clearly beat him, I'm not one to exaggerate. I beat him because of launch, besides that if it were from a roll it would be dead even. Freeway he would win. Sorry to say but not this is truthfully accurate and I could tell that my car easily runs with an m3 with exhaust. You probably didn't know that the 06's come with the sti engine.....:sadwave:

#4 · (Edited)
bl0wnb0xerbabiE said:
Why the hell would it be a joke. I clearly beat him, I'm not one to exaggerate. I beat him because of launch, besides that if it were from a roll it would be dead even. Freeway he would win. Sorry to say but not this is truthfully accurate and I could tell that my car easily runs with an m3 with exhaust. You probably didn't know that the 06's come with the sti engine.....:sadwave:
I hate to burst your bubble, but the 06wrx does not have the STI's engine............It may have the same displacement and bottom end (crank and rods), but the pistons, heads, cams, turbo, ecm mapping, intercooler, and intake manifold are not the same. Now its great that you beat a M3 congrats, but the Stage 2 wrx will only do mid to low 13's with a good driver.:confused:

#5 ·
actually i do. my roommate owns a 06 silver wrx LE. cutting him off andd showing hazards? thats a pretty lame thing to do, and i know im not the only one on here who thinks that. thats what people make fun of when civics do fly bys and then jump in front to act like they won. and your 06 stg 2 is making 280hp at the crank (if its the stg 2 91 oct map) and 330ftlbs torque right? i can understand u beat him due to the launch and youre making more torque prob, but dont jump in front of someone and throw on hazards, just win gracefully. i thought u were sarcastic because its kind of rediculous. and calling him a ricer to boot? hm, whatever. cant believe i lost my 500th post v card like this, i feel used.

#6 ·
bl0wnb0xerbabiE said:
the m3 turns onto the street with me and immediately lights it up showing how fast it is, it's fast and he knows how to drive. I follow him to a stoplight. We launch I jump on him 1 car length and stay there up to 100mph. I cut him off and put on hazards. I beat an m3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I. I could tell that our cars were equally fast in the low and middle end. We make a U turn and he starts talking **** sayin he beat me..... He wanted to fight sayin 'u wanna box' and 'I beat you'. It was so funny, how this punk ass rich bald azn guy wanted to fight. I beat him fair and square. AWD launch kills. I am only boosting 12.2 psi cobb stage 2 and I held him off. Im supposed to be at 15 or 16 psi. I think I have factory freak because m3 supposed to run low low 13's. I think I can pull high 12's when I get intake, pulley, intercooler, protune, and lighter rims, in fact i'm sure, especially after this race.
It was funny seeing this ricer rich boy bmw owner act like a jackass.... sad day for bmw owners.:rotfl:
You a racist? How is he a ricer? BMW's aren't ricers and just cause hes asian doesn't make him a ricer either.

#8 ·
yeah m3s are far from rice so if u meant then driver then hello ban-no. and yeah, the wrx doesnt hav ethe sti motor, if they did that itd be called an sti, same displacement doesnt make them the same. use the grape and think that if the wrx had an sti engine, why would they sell them as different cars.

#9 ·
Wow... its people that act like this that give people with imports bad names... also... it might help if you learned a little about your car before you go and brag about it... now if you would have said that the 06 comes with the same engine as the forester xt... that would have been a better statement... also... be careful cutting people off at 100 mph... thats just asking for something bad to happen man... :unhappy:

#18 ·
Integra96 said:
Exactly. The ECU logs the run as an obscure OBD-II code called "T3Hwin"
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ]:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#19 · (Edited)
Alright guys, I was a little drunk last night and posted this thread up rather in a rush. Mistake for posting the wrx has the sti engine. I should have said it has the bottom end of an sti and not claimed it was an sti engine. I knew that, it was just a rush post. Secondly, no I am not racist. I am actually half filipino and hang out with mostly azns not that that matters, just to prove a point. Thirdly, I am calling him a punk spoiled 'ricer' just to emphasize and illustrate the fact that he was this 18 year old bald azn guy that was acting like a ricer. He didn't deserve an m3, he should have had an integra. That's why I said sad day for bmw owners, because he was acting like a jackass. You guys are messed up though for not once mentioniong the fact that he wanted to pull over and 'box' me and claiming that he won when it was clear that I beat him. Lastly, it was stupid I cut him off, I don't know why I did that, especially at that speed and that close. It was kind of a quick reflex reaction because I beat an m3! In my life I have probably only cut someone off in a race like two other times, and that was when I was multiple car lengths ahead. Furthermore I didn't think I was 'cutting' him off because I looked backed twice to make sure I was clearly ahead of his front bumper holding him off steadily. I then made what seemed a safe maneuver to me. It was not. And no I wasn't drunk when I was racing.

#22 · (Edited)
ScstealthVR6 said:
actually i do. my roommate owns a 06 silver wrx LE. cutting him off andd showing hazards? thats a pretty lame thing to do, and i know im not the only one on here who thinks that. thats what people make fun of when civics do fly bys and then jump in front to act like they won. and your 06 stg 2 is making 280hp at the crank (if its the stg 2 91 oct map) and 330ftlbs torque right? i can understand u beat him due to the launch and youre making more torque prob, but dont jump in front of someone and throw on hazards, just win gracefully. i thought u were sarcastic because its kind of rediculous. and calling him a ricer to boot? hm, whatever. cant believe i lost my 500th post v card like this, i feel used.
I have to disagree that throwing hazards is lame. Don't compare it to a ricer fly-by, it would have been similar If I lost pathetically and I passed him putting on hazards. Actually, he was the one that performed an actual 'ricer' fly-by YOur calling me a ricer when this bmw owner was the one who whizzed to the right of me and cut me off flashed the hazards. SORRY I LEFT THAT PART OUT. He was a sore loser who didn't just pretend he won like what a typical ricer would do, but actually believed he won! To top it off he wanted to beat me up cuz he was so pathetic, not me!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 ·
Good for you, you beat the M3 from a dig, but more importantly:

1) A stage2 wrx will not beat an E46 M3 from a roll.

2) You are calling him a ricer because of his actions towards you. Yet, all of his actions occured AFTER you cut him off at 100mph. I am not even sure you could accurately define a good example of what "ricer" means, because from the context you are using (a person with ridiculous or poor behavior) I think we could all then make the assumption that you are a ricer since you cut the guy off at 100mph. I think just about anyone would have been pissed and want to start a fight after that.

3) Ease of launching of a wrx? I am starting to believe that you have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever pertaining to the wrx and subaru community in general. You state that the 06' has an STi engine and then retract it and blame it on being drunk :rolleyes:
When I drink I dont go around saying the engine in an LS integra is the same as the typeR, or that the LS1 used in Trans Ams is the same as the LS6 used in Z06's :rotfl:

The wrx is not an easy car to launch. Why do you think that there is such a variety of time on the car. Have you ever even been to drag strip? Most wrx drivers that are not well accustomed to the car pull pretty crappy times BECAUSE of the launch... People get 2.2+ 60' daily with wrx's because of the specialized way it needs to be launched in order not to bog.

4) Due to your posts in this thread, and what I have just pointed out, I think it is safe to say you are an idiot and probably should stop interacting with the human race before you continue to further give us other members of the subaru community a bad name.

#24 ·
i have a 04 wrx stage2 and my dad has a 06 m3 with the smg trans with launch control, i know my car is no 06 and i'm not sure how much faster the 06 is, i do know that m3 is a hell of alot faster than my suby, and with the right driver in the m3 it's going to take alot more than just stage 2 to whip it, with or without the launch control the m3 leaves the line hard with no wheel spin all hook up, it has no clutch with paddle shifters so you can bang gears faster than any car with a clutch, plus the m3 comes stock with 333hp thats almost 50 hp more than a stage2, it's pretty clear this kid has no idea how to use his m3 propperly which is the case with most m3 owners, it's all about the driver.

#26 ·
DTR rex said:
Good for you, you beat the M3 from a dig, but more importantly:

1) A stage2 wrx will not beat an E46 M3 from a roll.

2) You are calling him a ricer because of his actions towards you. Yet, all of his actions occured AFTER you cut him off at 100mph. I am not even sure you could accurately define a good example of what "ricer" means, because from the context you are using (a person with ridiculous or poor behavior) I think we could all then make the assumption that you are a ricer since you cut the guy off at 100mph. I think just about anyone would have been pissed and want to start a fight after that.

3) Ease of launching of a wrx? I am starting to believe that you have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever pertaining to the wrx and subaru community in general. You state that the 06' has an STi engine and then retract it and blame it on being drunk :rolleyes:
When I drink I dont go around saying the engine in an LS integra is the same as the typeR, or that the LS1 used in Trans Ams is the same as the LS6 used in Z06's :rotfl:

The wrx is not an easy car to launch. Why do you think that there is such a variety of time on the car. Have you ever even been to drag strip? Most wrx drivers that are not well accustomed to the car pull pretty crappy times BECAUSE of the launch... People get 2.2+ 60' daily with wrx's because of the specialized way it needs to be launched in order not to bog.

4) Due to your posts in this thread, and what I have just pointed out, I think it is safe to say you are an idiot and probably should stop interacting with the human race before you continue to further give us other members of the subaru community a bad name.
1), From a roll I believe our cars were evenly matched. You can disagree but your wrong. I do believe that he would kill me anything above 3rd gear
2)Rice: Race inspired cosmetic enhancements. The term ricer fly-by doesnt necessarily have to be used to describe a riced out car correct? In this scenario I am using it as a general term to describe his behavior. He actually performed a ricer fly by. Cutting him off like I said, was dumb. But here in the bay area it happens a lot when you know you won. Stop defending him. And no not everyone would want to pick a fight because of a traditional cut off. He was pissed and wanted to fight because he repeatedly said "I won, I won"
3)Now you just make no sense. Yes, AWD launch is easy especially compared to my FWD mazdaspeed protege. I find it extremely easy to launch a wrx. To avoid bogging it's not that hard. Obviously your gonna bog if you launch at 3000 rpm. But if you rev it to 4 or 5, And let out clutch a little to halfway, it won't bog. You must suck at launching your car then. ON my FWD msp Wheel hop, bogging, etc. I could only seem to launch good on that car when my mind was clear. You had to feather clutch to get traction or avoid wheel hop. With AWD, you feather it for a fraction of the time and it immediately grabs. Even when I ride the clutch too long, it still grabs rather quick and makes for a quick take-off. Don't make assumptions, I know a lot about this car ever since I got it. I learn stuff more everyday especially on the forums. About the comparison to an sti engine, Yes I agree I made a dumb comment when I was drunk I'm sure eveyrone has experienced that if they have drank a lil too much. I think however the engine of the 06 is more comparable to an sti engine than an Ls and typeR engine. The only main difference I see is the head with a slightly different compression. the LS and type R both have different head and bottom.
4)Your just being immature now. You take one or two bad moves or comments that have already been retracted and overexagerrate. I'm sorry you can't launch your car; don't get mad at me and insult me when it is not warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.