Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

06 wrx vs. e46 m3!!

8K views 91 replies 37 participants last post by  D0WNxSH1FT 
#1 · (Edited)
the m3 turns onto the street with me and immediately lights it up showing how fast it is, it's fast and he knows how to drive. I follow him to a stoplight. We launch I jump on him 1 car length and stay there up to 100mph. I beat an m3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I. I could tell that our cars were equally fast in the low and middle end. We make a U turn and he starts talking **** sayin he beat me..... He wanted to fight sayin 'u wanna box' and 'I beat you'. It was so funny, how this punk ass rich bald guy wanted to fight. I beat him fair and square. AWD launch kills. I am only boosting 12.2 psi cobb stage 2 and I held him off. Im supposed to be at 15 or 16 psi. I think I have factory freak because m3 supposed to run low low 13's. I think I can pull high 12's when I get intake, pulley, intercooler, protune, and lighter rims, in fact i'm sure, especially after this race.
It was funny seeing this ricer rich boy bmw owner act like a jackass.... sad day for bmw owners.:rotfl:

#57 ·
STI*guy.kiev said:
I ripped one e46 m3 with Supersprint race exhaust from a roll with my stage 2 wagon 06.
I love ripping m-power vehicles...:thumbup:
He wasn't trying or started off 2 gears higher than he should have been.

#62 ·
WRX_UA said:
It was my friend...
He started in the right gear and revved accordingly. He just s**ked...
We were rolling from 50 km/h up to 200km/h. I pulled 1.5 cars.
Wagon is fast.
I don't give a crap how fast your wagon is. Your friend doesn't know how to drive his car. Stage2 wrx's are not going to put nearly 2 cars on an M3 from a roll, ESPECIALLY going upto 120mph. :rotfl:
If you beat him, fine. But do not try and sit there and play it off like he drove the M3 well and you won because "wagon is fast" :rolleyes:

Why the hell do all these 06' newbs think their 2.5L motor puts out an extra 100whp that no one else seems to know about other than other 06' owners?

#66 ·
Do they really have that much more whp? I know they have a bit more tq but i thought the hp rating was the same basically. :baaa:

Integra96: i just saw your sig :rotfl: good times.:rolleyes:

#67 · (Edited)
powder said:
Do they really have that much more whp? I know they have a bit more tq but i thought the hp rating was the same basically. :baaa:
Yeah... Most pre-06's dyno about 165-170whp and many 06's have been putting down 190-200whp. They do make considerably more torque, the only problem is that once you max out each stock turbo on each car (say stage2) they are basically making the same whp at that point because is an issue of limitation with the turbo. But at stage2 while they are making the same whp, the 06's are still putting down considerably more torque.

The edge however is only a few tenths in the 1320 and 1-2 mph's in the traps in stock form and once at stage2 the numbers are actually quite similar. You see, with the stock wrx (06 or not) the td04 stock turbo really limits the potential it has. The reason 06's are posting better stock times is because of the lack of an uppipe and more whp/tq. BUT, once you start modding each car and max out on the td04.. around stage2 each car performs quite similarly... the 06' was just closer to that point to begin with. A stage2 02wrx and a stage2 06' wrx do not perform that much different in respect to 1/4mile and trapspeeds (tested this first hand) but the 06's is coming out of the hole better with tons more torque. The real advantage of the 06' is really just in the daily driver sense because of the smooth early-onset of torque.

It seems some 06 owners disagree with me though, and think their 06' is making ~ 300whp stock and takes out STi's. :rolleyes:

#68 ·
just look at the dyno graphs put out by cobb. stg 2 (06 or 0405) are making 280hp at the crank. the 06 just makes more torque because of the displacement. my roommate has an 06 and has a hard time believing a stg 2 blobeye will hang with him when hes stg 2. yesterday we got a fly by by a blk 05 wagon with springs, gold OZs and exhaust for sure and my roomy says "it would have been close". no nick, it wouldn't have been.

#69 · (Edited)
AWD is like 20-25% drivetrain loss right? So i don't get that if the '06's are dynoing at 190-200 at the wheels and '02-'05 is dynoing about 170ish at the wheels... how do both engines have 227chp? Pre-06 would be about 210ish and '06+ would be 230ish. Yet, every website (credible or not) claims pre06 at 227 and 06+ at 230 (so a few different sites say 227-230 between the 2 engine sizes).

#72 ·
DTR rex said:
Yeah... Most pre-06's dyno about 165-170whp and many 06's have been putting down 190-200whp. They do make considerably more torque, the only problem is that once you max out each stock turbo on each car (say stage2) they are basically making the same whp at that point because is an issue of limitation with the turbo. But at stage2 while they are making the same whp, the 06's are still putting down considerably more torque.

The edge however is only a few tenths in the 1320 and 1-2 mph's in the traps in stock form and once at stage2 the numbers are actually quite similar. You see, with the stock wrx (06 or not) the td04 stock turbo really limits the potential it has. The reason 06's are posting better stock times is because of the lack of an uppipe and more whp/tq. BUT, once you start modding each car and max out on the td04.. around stage2 each car performs quite similarly... the 06' was just closer to that point to begin with. A stage2 02wrx and a stage2 06' wrx do not perform that much different in respect to 1/4mile and trapspeeds (tested this first hand) but the 06's is coming out of the hole better with tons more torque. The real advantage of the 06' is really just in the daily driver sense because of the smooth early-onset of torque.

It seems some 06 owners disagree with me though, and think their 06' is making ~ 300whp stock and takes out STi's. :rolleyes:
Well said old boy...

#73 · (Edited)
I hate these n00bs not driving '06's that don't realize how goddamn fast our cars are. I mean just today, I was playing with this dude in his M5, and he totally flicked me off 'cause I told him his car was a turd. After that I went and filled up with 87 octane gas from Wal-Mart.

:baaa:

edit: I'm surprised by the hint of hostility in this thread! I saw an '02 today and we exchanged friendly waves :)

#75 ·
DTR rex said:
I don't give a crap how fast your wagon is. Your friend doesn't know how to drive his car. Stage2 wrx's are not going to put nearly 2 cars on an M3 from a roll, ESPECIALLY going upto 120mph. :rotfl:
If you beat him, fine. But do not try and sit there and play it off like he drove the M3 well and you won because "wagon is fast" :rolleyes:

Why the hell do all these 06' newbs think their 2.5L motor puts out an extra 100whp that no one else seems to know about other than other 06' owners?
Well, and what about going head a head 50-190km/h with e39 M5 445hp??? (extra 1 80kg guy in m5 but it causes less weight disadvantage than in wrx)

What about my friend, he know how to drive better than most of those subaru owners*

#76 ·
WRX_UA said:
Well, and what about going head a head 50-190km/h with e39 M5 445hp??? (extra 1 80kg guy in m5 but it causes less weight disadvantage than in wrx)

What about my friend, he know how to drive better than most of those subaru owners*

What E39 had 445? We have an 01 and stock that only has 394 Crank HP. The Euro version only has 400 Crank HP. so not sure if your talking modded?

BTW my vf-34 even when i just had my Off the shelf Cobb map put the spanking on our lightly modded M5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.