06 G35 vs 06 Mustang GT

This is a discussion on 06 G35 vs 06 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alrighty, Im at a light last night. Brand new mustang convertable is in front of me. He has the line. ...

06 G35 vs 06 Mustang GT

Alrighty, Im at a light last night. Brand new mustang convertable is in front of me. He has the line. The guy is reving his engine, I was so happy because I know our cars have pretty close power stock. He takes off, and I follow behind, he could not pull on me. So the next light we both get the line, light turns green and we are even threw 1st, I shift into second he misses 2nd. I slowed down but he turned off

Im curious what would be the outcome? I have the 6 speed 298 hp. With intake lets say 300hp even.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would say, stock for stock, the new mustang gt's are faster than the 06 350Z/G35. Did he look like stock? Weight is the issue here. Good runs. I've still yet to run into one that wants to run me.

And, you got an intake?

If he was manual trans and a coupe I would give it to the Mustang. They run mid-high 13's @ 102-104mph and the G35c 6spd typically sits right behind it with high 13's-very low 14's @ 100-102mph.
    However, the convert. manual tranny mustangs weight nearly 200lbs more and typically see times in the very high 13's to very low 14's @ 101/102mph from what I have seen. So with an MT convt. I would say it would be VERY close. Coupe vs coupe though goes to the GT IMO.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

^^

+1
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    ^^

+1
    ditto
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    I would say, stock for stock, the new mustang gt's are faster than the 06 350Z/G35. Did he look like stock? Weight is the issue here. Good runs. I've still yet to run into one that wants to run me.

And, you got an intake?
    K&N feels a bit smoother. Better have added 2 horse. lol
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Alrighty, Im at a light last night. Brand new mustang convertable is in front of me. He has the line. The guy is reving his engine, I was so happy because I know our cars have pretty close power stock. He takes off, and I follow behind, he could not pull on me. So the next light we both get the line, light turns green and we are even threw 1st, I shift into second he misses 2nd. I slowed down but he turned off

Im curious what would be the outcome? I have the 6 speed 298 hp. With intake lets say 300hp even.

Car and driver got 13.8 for the coupe and 13.7 for the convertable. You have 298 and 260 but the GT has 300 and 320 and you only have a 100 lbs advantage. He's kill'n you in TQ. So I would say you would lose but not by too much. He probably didn't want to push his new car too hard. Though if you had a 2007 G35 that would be a closer call.
    Last edited by Thrawl; 09-30-2006 at 11:48 AM.

I'd have to give it to the GT as well....and not just because I have one.

You'd definately be A LOT closer on a convertible since they weigh 400+ pounds more. If he has even the smallest mod (like intake and reflash) you'd see nothing but tail lights. its not just the HP, a stock GT has 320 lbs/ft of torque stock...they may have similar peak HP, but the GT has WAY more area under the power curve. It will also go 0-60 in two gears.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    It will also go 0-60 in two gears.
    0 - 60 is a pretty gay test. The real issue is torque and gearing, which is why the mustang gt has the edge over the Z and G.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    0 - 60 is a pretty gay test. The real issue is torque and gearing, which is why the mustang gt has the edge over the Z and G.
    agreed, but if you're racing traffic light to traffic light (which was my impression) that's about all you'll get.
    go f*** yourself

+1 Stock might be close, but with $600 (intake and hand held tuner) its not close anymore, (more than just the HP increase, (around 23 horses) the tuner removes most of the throttle lag put in there by Ford and really peps the whole thing up).

Hey Blarg, check out my new plenum cover... http://www.herknav.com/images/misc/v...ercharger4.JPG
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    +1 Stock might be close, but with $600 (intake and hand held tuner) its not close anymore, (more than just the HP increase, (around 23 horses) the tuner removes most of the throttle lag put in there by Ford and really peps the whole thing up).

Hey Blarg, check out my new plenum cover... http://www.herknav.com/images/misc/v...ercharger4.JPG
    NICE! looks better than teh stock plastic one.

does it do anything?
    go f*** yourself

NICE! looks better than teh stock plastic one.

does it do anything?
    I think so... it has these two screw-lookin things that make a "whooooo" sound at WOT and my tuner tells me I now have 430 RWHP...
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    I think so... it has these two screw-lookin things that make a "whooooo" sound at WOT and my tuner tells me I now have 430 RWHP...
    its a BOV?
    go f*** yourself

its a BOV?
    I hope your kidding...