WRX vs '07 Ford Explorer
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs '07 Ford Explorer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To start, this wasn't a race at all obviosly. But it's a funny story about a retard in a 4000+ ...

WRX vs '07 Ford Explorer

To start, this wasn't a race at all obviosly. But it's a funny story about a retard in a 4000+ pound SUV that doesn't know a fast car from a grocery getter. Last Sunday I'm on the way to the Colts game in downtown Indianapolis and traffic is pretty heavy. There's two lanes, and people are doing their normal weave in and out trying to get one up on the guy next to them for whatever reason.

I'm watching this black Explorer in my RVM and he's all over the place which annoys me. He gets in the lane next to me and I'm watching traffic ahead of us and have a smirk on my face, because I see a bus in his lane. I know this area because I drive it everyday back and forth to work,and I know theres a bus stop ahead. This guy doesn't know it, but he's about to get screwed.

He sees the bus hits his brakes, so he instantly jams in front of me. He misses my bumper by a few feet which is too close for comfort, so now I'm pissed. I notice he's got a v8 emblem on the back, and it's an '07. So I realize this guy thinks he's got a hot rod. I stay behind him for a bit hoping he makes a turn where there's less traffic, and he does. He turns North on to a road that is never heavily travelled and it's a beatiful stretch of two lanes that turns back East into a popular road for going to downtown if you want to park North the stadium.

As soon as we turn left, I gun it to pass him on the right, and he's already on it thinking he can keep me from getting around him before we turn on the road going into downtown. It's not much of a race as I get 4 or 5 lengths on him very quickly. My buddy says his wife is chewing his butt as we go by, so I'm really laughing now as I turn to go back to downtown.

I did a little research on the '07 Explorers when I get home and find that the are putting the same v-8 as the Mustang in them now, but they're rated at 292 HP due to a more restrictive exhaust. So now I know this guy's salesman must have told him that this thing would wipe the floor with most sports cars because it's got a "Mustang" engine in it. He probably went home that night and ordered a chip and exhaust for it. I don't normally do that kind of stuff, but I just couldn't help it. What a tool.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I knew alot of people with trucks who were under the impression that they could beat everything because they how a loud rumbling exhaust.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to make you feel better about "beating" an SUV... congratulations... you killed a baby seal.

Bring your car to me... I have that "same mustang 3 valve".... I promise a much better race....
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    Whatever you have to tell yourself to make you feel better about "beating" an SUV... congratulations... you killed a baby seal.

Bring your car to me... I have that "same mustang 3 valve".... I promise a much better race....
    Calm down. As I said in the beginning of the post it wasn't a race, but the guy thought he could hold me off.

No thanks on the invite to Arkansas. I've been there.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

LOL someone took that a little personal
    2006 STI OBP - SOLD
    2007 True Red Mazda 3 Hatchback
    Bye bye performance
    Hello MONEY! How I missed you!

That's just retarded.

I Support ClubWRX
    I remember laughing at a girl in college for talking about how fast her late '90s Exploder was.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I remember laughing at a girl in college for talking about how fast her late '90s Exploder was.
    People are delusional. I saw a forum post one time about how much "balls" a Chevy Trailblazer has after 90 MPH. They are drag limited to like 105 MPH. That's some balls.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

I Support ClubWRX
    Most people have a pretty humble frame of reference for evaluating the performance of a car. If it makes a lot of noise when they floor it, has a V6 or V8 emblem on it, etc, they equate that with quickness. As a general rule, if someone can't tell me the horsepower output of their car's engine, I know that they're full of crap about its performance.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 09-25-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Most people have a pretty humble frame of reference for evaluating the performance of a car. If it makes a lot of noise when they floor it, has a V6 or V8 emblem on it, etc, they equate that with quickness. As a general rule, if someone can't tell the horsepower output of their car's engine, I know that they're full of crap about its performance.
    You're so right. Even though he was a baby seal, I did enjoy humbling him.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

bleh ....and a
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

I see the same thing with delusional SUV drivers who mistake a little low end torque with top end quickness. It's these people that annoy me the most, and I find myself sometimes reacting the same way as the OP. But it doesn't work most of the time because, there's too much traffic around here.

Some people just need to be put in their place.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Are you sure it didn't have a hemi?
    2006 STI OBP - SOLD
    2007 True Red Mazda 3 Hatchback
    Bye bye performance
    Hello MONEY! How I missed you!

Your GT must be fun, but the Explorer was driven by a tool that deserved to be schooled. Good job, Robert46123, for spanking a cocky seal.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Just don't race this SUV, because you will lose...

See more infohttp://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/GMC/1992/Typhoon/

And just remember. That same 3v 4.6L is just as receptive to mods as the Mustang is and you may find yourself on the short end of the stick one day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.