WRX vs '07 Ford Explorer - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs '07 Ford Explorer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Andy49 Just don't race this SUV, because you will lose... See more info http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/GMC/1992/Typhoon/ And just remember. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy49
    Just don't race this SUV, because you will lose...

See more infohttp://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/GMC/1992/Typhoon/

And just remember. That same 3v 4.6L is just as receptive to mods as the Mustang is and you may find yourself on the short end of the stick one day.
    Um, I'll take my chances.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats a 1992 GMC Typhoon, Robert.

Check out the specs:

Turbocharged 4.3 liter V6
    280 hp @ 4400 rpm's
    360 lb-ft of torque @ 3600 rpm's
    0-60 in 4.8 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds

They are very fast, no joke. Trust me! I got burned by one in my Stang. They are a serious vehicle and they grip like H E L L

Check out the specs:

280 hp @ 4400 rpm's
    0-60 in 4.8 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds

They are very fast, no joke. Trust me! I got burned by one in my Stang. They are a serious vehicle and they grip like H E L L
    Nice. What sort of redline? What does the curve look like? Thats some monster torque, but the HP seems a bit low.

What was your stang running when he torched you?
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Check out the specs:

280 hp @ 4400 rpm's
    0-60 in 4.8 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds

OK, Stage 2 2006 WRXs are known to run easily in the low 13s. What's your point? 99% of the SUV drivers around here are not modded. Like I said, I'll take my chances. Even most of the Mustangs around here are automatics and not modded. *yawn*
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

wow whats next...WRX vs. minivan?

Quote Originally Posted by jwarwin
    If you do happen to beat a minivan to a lane change, be prepared for comments such as, "That same motor in a Dodge Stratus and $10,000 in mods will beat you. Come to buttbum Alabama, so we can race. Be careful, you never know how fast a minivan will be."

Blah

The original intent of this post has been lost in translation like Shakespeare taught to retards.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

I just have to laugh at how I imagine it would feel to be beat by one of these:

http://www.turbovan.net/turbovan.html

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist
    I just have to laugh at how I imagine it would feel to be beat by one of these:

http://www.turbovan.net/turbovan.html

That's great! Unlike some of the posters in this thread it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get beat by an SUV or a minivan. I'd think, "Damn, that's one fast minivan" and give the guy a thumbs up.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

Quote Originally Posted by Robert46123
    That's great! Unlike some of the posters in this thread it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get beat by an SUV or a minivan. I'd think, "Damn, that's one fast minivan" and give the guy a thumbs up.
    hhmm i think it would hurt your feelings. in your original post, you felt the need to "gun it" past the explorer. why, to show superiority? or to fulfill your ego?

my point is, everywhere you go there is a "WRX vs. ?" thread. go out to the drag strip or road course, or auto-x track to fill your need to race. not the street.

Banned
    typhoons are great but they break all the time mainly cause of their age more than anything. My 2 buddies both have one and they are freaking fast they both got mods though as well.

hhmm i think it would hurt your feelings. in your original post, you felt the need to "gun it" past the explorer. why, to show superiority? or to fulfill your ego?

my point is, everywhere you go there is a "WRX vs. ?" thread. go out to the drag strip or road course, or auto-x track to fill your need to race. not the street.
    Ego? If you read my OP, you'll find it had nothing to do with ego, but it was really fun. And, it wasn't anything that even resembled a race. (again if you'd read my OP you'd realize that) I don't race on the street, but I do have some spirited sprints. Nothing wrong with that. If I didn't enjoy such activity I would have bought a Honda as my daily driver and stuck to racing my '69 Firebird.

My point is I don't care what your point is.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

I haven't posted here in awhile but I have to thank you for putting another SUV in their place. I have to admit I've found myself doing the exact same thing you've done plenty of times. And it isn't because of ego. I simply get tired of this superiority attitude a majority of these SUV & truck drivers have. EspecialIy when they cut you off like that. It's nice to make arrogant *******s like that eat some humble pie.
    Last edited by 03WRX; 10-03-2006 at 02:04 PM.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Next thing you know, we will see the "My 03 Stage 2 vs 18 wheeler" threads... and how "I put that arogant truck driver in his place for cutting me off" and the inevitable "Yeah, but this rocket semi will kick your a$$" response.
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    Next thing you know, we will see the "My 03 Stage 2 vs 18 wheeler" threads... and how "I put that arogant truck driver in his place for cutting me off" and the inevitable "Yeah, but this rocket semi will kick your a$$" response.
    Sorry, I'll only race semi trucks with my motorhome unless they're being driven by a baby seal then all bets are off.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

Quote Originally Posted by Robert46123
    Sorry, I'll only race semi trucks with my motorhome unless they're being driven by a baby seal then all bets are off.
    In this thread, you are basically bragging about showing up someone who is driving recklessly by driving recklessly yourself. You're not a hero.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.