stage 2 Protuned vs 300C Hemi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stage 2 Protuned vs 300C Hemi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was waiting at a light behind a new 300c hemi last night. Light turns, he eases away real slow ...

stage 2 Protuned vs 300C Hemi

I was waiting at a light behind a new 300c hemi last night. Light turns, he eases away real slow and stays about 10km/h below the speed limit. So I change lanes, speed up to the limit and slowly pass him by....he appears not to like this so speeds up to match me. At the next light he is in the inside lane and I am on the outside and we both must turn left onto another 4 lane. Light changes and he takes off rather quick, I could care less and leave at a normal pace. Again he slows down and as I am about to pass him (doing about 60km/h) he guns it...at that point I am thinking OK...I'll bite. He has about a car on me as I downshift to 2nd...as I am shifting to 3rd I already have a nose on him...by the shift to 4th I had at least a car and a half and decide that's enough and shut down....still pulling...of course I get the fly-by. As luck would have it we catch another light (it was late so there was no other traffic). I look over to offer him the thumbs up but can't see him because he has a passenger (girl) he decides to 'rev' up the big hemi...I am thinking....Buddy, you just got waxed by a wagon and now you are sitting here all Hemi like trying to impress your girl??? Long story short....I oblige him from the dig...it wasn't pretty...took it to about 100km/h with about 3 cars and shut down...this time he doesn't do the fly-by...just hangs back.

I always find these types really funny....Yah I drive a Hemi...and nobody dare pass me or I will unleash the beast...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    hehe...nice kill. Nothing better than "waxing a tool".
    I've got a guy in my neighborhood with a hemi c. He supposedly had put some exhaust work and a "chip" in it and is making over 500 HP (according to him).

Yet on the highway, I just happened to come up to him and he pretty much did the same thing your C did....accelerated as I was going by. He didn't know it was me as my car stays garaged and it has tinted windows (LGT...Stage 2 at this point).

I let him go on by and merged back into the right lane and of course he slows down again. So I downshifted to 4th, slowly edged my way around him again and waited for him to accelerate. Sure enouhg he did, so I hit it. Instant 4 car lengths and increasing. I backed out and of course there goes the fly by.

He again slows down and this time it was a bit more challenging as he was ready this time. Still....I pulled a lead and kept increasing it up to around a buck 10. Lonely stretch of road with no on ramps or off ramps so pretty safe.

The next day I'm down around his house and I chatted with him. I asked him if he got many challenges from other cars while on the road. He said "All the time, but I haven't lost yet". I didn't correct him.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Wow ...you have some self control! I would have laughed at him and say what about that 4cyl Subaru you raced the other night?

What is your whp and torque on your protuned stage 2?
    2013 WRX SWP

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX
    What is your whp and torque on your protuned stage 2?
    240/240 ish...Stage 2+ really... up-pipe, catless, hyperflow TMIC

Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    240/240 ish...Stage 2+ really... up-pipe, catless, hyperflow TMIC
    Reflash + TBE + TMIC = Stage 3 (dont sell yourself short!)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Reflash + TBE + TMIC = Stage 3 (dont sell yourself short!)
    I thought Cobb stage 3 was a VF-34 or greater?

Anyways....tuned in your back yard by Jon....well worth the road trip.

Cobb stage 2 + VF34 + STI pinks= Stage 2.5

Jon @ TDC? Awesome!

Cobb Stage 1 = Reflash
    Cobb Stage 2 = Reflash, TBE
    Cobb Stage 2.5 ***
    Cobb Stage 3 = Reflash, TBE, TMIC (This stage doesnt exist unless you are Protuned)
    Cobb Stage 4 = Reflash, TBE, TMIC, Injectors, Turbo (This stage doesnt exist unless you are Pro Tuned)

*** Now since Cobb never released a Stage 3 map (till the '06) they decided to make an upgraded Turbo map but they call it Stage 2.5 since you use the stock TMIC.

Cobb Stage 2.5 = Reflash, TBE, Injectors, Turbo

Yes Jon at TDC....I think I will be paying him another visit soon for an Evo3 16g and injectors.

Yes Jon at TDC....I think I will be paying him another visit soon for an Evo3 16g and injectors.
    Sick. Jon does a great job!

My brother in law has a charger RT. He talks trash but will not line up. I think its because I left him at a light and he couldn't catch up on our way to a family BBQ. His excuse was his foot slipped off the pedal. I am going stg 2 in two weeks. I am thinking about PDX or TDC because I have a aftermarket intake. don't flame it came on my 2004 wagon. I can't find a Dyno plot from either comp. So how much of a increase can I expect from there spin on the cobb mapp? Sorry to hijack the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IECaliwrx
    My brother in law has a charger RT. He talks trash but will not line up. I think its because I left him at a light and he couldn't catch up on our way to a family BBQ. His excuse was his foot slipped off the pedal. I am going stg 2 in two weeks. I am thinking about PDX or TDC because I have a aftermarket intake. don't flame it came on my 2004 wagon. I can't find a Dyno plot from either comp. So how much of a increase can I expect from there spin on the cobb mapp? Sorry to hijack the thread.
    I have TDC do all of my tuning (i live about an Hour away), they do an amazing job. Jon has great maps.

HAHAHAHA you know what's funny is this almost happened to me the other day. I was talking to a friend about my car and this random dude butts in and says "my car is better looking than yours" and I was like "ooookkkkkkkkk" then he says "my car is faster as well, it has a hemi" I was just about to crack up laughing than he says " it does 0-60 in 3-4 seconds" after he said that I almost blew a lung laughing. I asked him what car he had and what kind of mods he had to do 0-60 in 3-4 seconds, he doesn't tell me what car he has but he does say that he has no mods, "it's completely stock" so I just laugh a little more than leave.

Quote Originally Posted by IECaliwrx
    come to think of it as I was leaving I saw a charger rt pulling out behind me and I thought it was him driving but I wasn't sure and he turned the opposite direction as well.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 09-25-2006 at 08:15 PM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.