5.7 GTO vs VF-34 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 5.7 GTO vs VF-34 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home last night, just crusin through traffic with a buddy of mine in an 03 CTS. We ...

5.7 GTO vs VF-34 WRX

On my way home last night, just crusin through traffic with a buddy of mine in an 03 CTS. We come up to a light and i hear one hell of a rumble comming from ahead of me. (which i was behind a van and couldnt see) so i go out from around traffic and see a new GTO with an exhaust louder than mine and crackling and popping more than mine, and i have the scooby sport with the race pipe no cats, which is odd for a GTO at least none that i have heard. Well i get up next to him and i look over and the driver is an older man maybe in his early 50's late 40's. He looks over at me gives me a smile and slowly pulls away. So i jsut kick back not thinking an older man would run me. After the next light we hit a bridge and i was still behind him, I shift into second gear then into third still just crusing and all of a sudden he slows up a tad and i creep up to his bumper and then he hits it and goes screaming off, damn loud exhaust.. so i go WOT and to my suprise i start to pull him in, by the time i shift 4th i am at his drivers door, we shut down at 130 but i was about 1 fender ahead. He gives me another smile and a thumbs up and i returned the same. Nice guy and fast car, but i still cant get over his exhaust. It was sick... Anyone know what exhaust he might have had, It was still a dual tipped exhaust but it was extended about 4 to 6 inches beyond the bumper and tilted a bit upwards..

Good run for the vf-34 i was suprised i even pulled him back in.

btw i was only running 17.1 PSI because I had Cobbs Off the shelf vf-34 93 oct map loaded so i wasnt even running the pro tune map or the 21 PSI ..

I know he had that exhaust but not sure about the rest.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Definately not a bad run.

OMG you went 130 MPH on the street! You're stupid..blah blah... it's people like you..blah blah... irresponsible kids gonna kill someone...

haha, good job man keep it up! Those things are no slouch from a roll!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    Those things are no slouch from a roll!
    But they are ugly....
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

OMG you went 130 MPH on the street! You're stupid..blah blah... it's people like you..blah blah... irresponsible kids gonna kill someone...

thats what people from NASIOC would say when they read something like this. they despise people who race. good race by the win

thanks, was a fun run. I shouldnt go that fast but i dont have much control for that. If the highway is open and empty then i tend to go fast.. i try to get to 140 in 4th but cant get passed 138 =( damn gearing.. lol
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    thanks, was a fun run. I shouldnt go that fast but i dont have much control for that. If the highway is open and empty then i tend to go fast.. i try to get to 140 in 4th but cant get passed 138 =( damn gearing.. lol

I looked at a 5.7 GTO and the TOP speed on the Speedometer on it says ...200 mph. Damn, that is some gearing!!!!
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Nice kill!
    Most likely the exhaust on the Goat was a Flowmaster. Those things are mega loud, even for a pushrod V8.
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

good thing you didnt run into a 6.0 GTO....

nice runs

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    good thing you didnt run into a 6.0 GTO....

nice runs
    damn i was gonna say the same thing.... no those things MOVE!!!!
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1
    damn i was gonna say the same thing.... no those things MOVE!!!!

Yeah i feel bad for the first time buyers of the GTO that got the 5.7 instead of the 6.0. Anyone have a simular setup to mine that has run one of the 6.0's?
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

I traded in my 02 WRX on an 04 GTO, so I can lend some first hand info. A number of us got great deals on the 04's when the 6.0's came out. I paid $24.9K for mine new including a dealer installed 05 hood. I figured if I can't make up 50 HP for a savings of $8,000, then I'm an idiot. So, for $1000, I bought a set of used stainless long tube headers, used CAI, and a dynotune. Picked up 39 rwhp, and I'm right with the stock 6.0 LS2's, but with a whole lot of money still in my pocket if I want to do heads and cam at some point down the road.

That being said, I'm on the stock catback, but running catless headers. The LS1 sounds beastly in this setup, with the aforementioned popping and cracking and loud under WOT. Most any aftermarket catback will produce similar sounds, but not the HP gain.

As for the 200 mph speedo, it's set up to toggle between KPH and MPH, being that it's from Australia and all. I enjoy switching it while driving and watching the speedo go from 80 mph to 130 kph to see my passenger's reactions when they think it's somehow 130 mph...

I do miss the AWD and the nimble handling of the WRX, but I'm very happy with the instant torque and the more relaxed/luxurious feel of the GTO. I can still see myself back in a Subaru, however.

Anyway, nice kill.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

ODJ
    enash: this is now the 2nd time I've heard this story. I should've known you were a little too excited about it not to post something. Anyway, your car is quick...be careful out there. Who knows, mabye someday soon you'll catch a tailwind on the Howard Frankland and you'll see 140 in 4th gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    As for the 200 mph speedo, it's set up to toggle between KPH and MPH, being that it's from Australia and all. I enjoy switching it while driving and watching the speedo go from 80 mph to 130 kph to see my passenger's reactions when they think it's somehow 130 mph...
    I saw tons of the Holdens running around Aus when I was there a few years back. They all seems like nice rides, with lots of different options and performance packages.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

It was pry either a SLP Loudmouth or Stainless Works Chambered exhaust.Those are the 2 loudest.I had the LT's with the Loudmouth and no cats and it cracks and pops and sounds is extremely loud.I have been heard up to a mile away.
    2004 GTO-black on black-M6

mods-K&N Aircharger / SLP mass airflow sensor / Nitto 555 DR's /Stainless Works LT headers /Gravana ram air hood / NGK-TR55 plugs/Magnecor 8.5 wires/SLP Rear Sway Bar/SLP Loudmouth/Spec Stage 2 Clutch/GMM RipShift

333 RWHP / 351RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by ODJ View Post
    enash: this is now the 2nd time I've heard this story. I should've known you were a little too excited about it not to post something. Anyway, your car is quick...be careful out there. Who knows, mabye someday soon you'll catch a tailwind on the Howard Frankland and you'll see 140 in 4th gear.
    Hey man how are ya? How did that install go?

Oh BTW im dusting off stock 6.0 GTO's now.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.