'06 wrx vs 2000-2004 mustang gt

This is a discussion on '06 wrx vs 2000-2004 mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have a catback exhuast, took out the intake silencer and suspenion mods. the mustang i know had exhaust as ...

'06 wrx vs 2000-2004 mustang gt

i have a catback exhuast, took out the intake silencer and suspenion mods. the mustang i know had exhaust as well.

we did about 3 runs

1st run

3rd gear 60mph roll i started half a car behind him he took of first end of 3rd i was at his headlights neck and neck. shut down after i shifted into 4th.

2nd run
    3rd gear 65ish roll we were side by side he punched it first. at the end of 3rd i pulled a lil bit and shut down because of traffic.

3rd run
    3rd gear roll 60mph roll he punched it first. shut down down half way through 4th gear. i was up a fender.

im really surprised how my car performed, for sure i thought iwas going to lose.

maybe he didnt know how to drive? oh well

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey good job there.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

The wrx has come a long way since being introduced in 2002, your car is no slouch.. Good Job!

Now let the modding begin.....

stage 2.5 is only 3k away. lol
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

What exactly is Stage 2.5?? Is it just a sti tmic and a vf 34 turbo??? Or what kind of turbo is it? Its the sti one right? Which is vf34 or is it the vf39? or am i wrong? I am thinkin about stage 2 after my warranty runs out on my 06... although I just got it... haha... so it will be a while... but how much of a difference is stage 2.5 gonna be from stage 2?? Just thinking about future ideas...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ret030
    What exactly is Stage 2.5?? Is it just a sti tmic and a vf 34 turbo??? Or what kind of turbo is it? Its the sti one right? Which is vf34 or is it the vf39? or am i wrong? I am thinkin about stage 2 after my warranty runs out on my 06... although I just got it... haha... so it will be a while... but how much of a difference is stage 2.5 gonna be from stage 2?? Just thinking about future ideas...
    your warranty could already be voided for posting racing on forums. soa is known to void warranties for much less. get stage 2 and just put it back to stock if you need to take it in for warranty work. also the sti turbo is a vf39
    Shawn Williams
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
    14.226 @ 95.31 mph

Good race, its always fun to have a few close runs
    '06 WRX- DSG tuned VF39

Are you serious??!! I haven't even touched my car and it could be voided just because I chat on forums!!! That is the gayest thing I have EVER heard!! Although I'm not doubting you... I just think that subaru is really gay if they do that to people!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Registered User 3rdeyevisual209's Avatar
    Are you serious??!! I haven't even touched my car and it could be voided just because I chat on forums!!! That is the gayest thing I have EVER heard!! Although I'm not doubting you... I just think that subaru is really gay if they do that to people!!!

hahahaha

yup, it's real

race = abuse = voided warranty = less money out of pocket for subaru of america

and they will do what they can to find you, including keeping an eye on subaru forums.

vf-34 is a tad larger than the vf-39 sti turbo. as for what parts qualify for stage 2.5, I refer to my mods as stage 2.5 because Cobb has the vf-34 map as 2.5 which has been discussed b4. I have done the normal amount of mods from brakes, suspension, and power. I am stage 4 at this point. Fully ready and does run on the track with great success. Check on my mod list that will give you more of an idea. But bigger TMIC or FMIC, inj's, turbo, Catless TBE, Catless Uppipe, Intake Inlet tub, (no CAI), Engine management, and Pro tune. As far as power goes thats the cobb stage2.5 ( well without the tune but getting the tune will give you about 15-20% more power. I am just at 300 hp to the wheels at 21 PSI. Suspension front to rear and good brakes, Dont be one of those that adds tons of power and doesnt upgrade the ability of the car to turn and stop.. Better to be well balanced than all power..

As for the differance between stage 2 and where i am at. Night and day, And about 70+ whp.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    vf-34 is a tad larger than the vf-39 sti turbo. as for what parts qualify for stage 2.5, I refer to my mods as stage 2.5 because Cobb has the vf-34 map as 2.5 which has been discussed b4. I have done the normal amount of mods from brakes, suspension, and power. I am stage 4 at this point. Fully ready and does run on the track with great success. Check on my mod list that will give you more of an idea. But bigger TMIC or FMIC, inj's, turbo, Catless TBE, Catless Uppipe, Intake Inlet tub, (no CAI), Engine management, and Pro tune. As far as power goes thats the cobb stage2.5 ( well without the tune but getting the tune will give you about 15-20% more power. I am just at 300 hp to the wheels at 21 PSI. Suspension front to rear and good brakes, Dont be one of those that adds tons of power and doesnt upgrade the ability of the car to turn and stop.. Better to be well balanced than all power..

As for the differance between stage 2 and where i am at. Night and day, And about 70+ whp.
    I've heard thought that the injectors in the 06 wrx's are big enough to support a bigger turbo and intercooler... and I already have the catless uppipe since its an 06... I will eventually do the TBE and engine management... but is it fair to say on an 06 that is stage 2.5 would be... a TBE, vf 34 turbo, sti intercooler (or bigger tmic), and engine management (i.e. protune and accessport)???

That's really annoying about SOA... I don't even plan on touching my car until the warranty runs out for the sole reason of having the warranty... and now it can be voided just because I talk about it? How is that legally possible?? Is there somewhere in the warranty that says you cannot even 'think' about doing future mods??? God forbid talking about it!!! ... Wow... some people's kids...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!

I've heard thought that the injectors in the 06 wrx's are big enough to support a bigger turbo and intercooler... and I already have the catless uppipe since its an 06... I will eventually do the TBE and engine management... but is it fair to say on an 06 that is stage 2.5 would be... a TBE, vf 34 turbo, sti intercooler (or bigger tmic), and engine management (i.e. protune and accessport)???

That's really annoying about SOA... I don't even plan on touching my car until the warranty runs out for the sole reason of having the warranty... and now it can be voided just because I talk about it? How is that legally possible?? Is there somewhere in the warranty that says you cannot even 'think' about doing future mods??? God forbid talking about it!!! ... Wow... some people's kids...
    Don't listen to everything that you hear. So many people believe that subaru can void your warranty for modding your car, THEY CANNOT! they can deny service for that ONE particular problem by attributing it to yourmodifications but legally they can't void your warranty. Also, the odds of subaru of america spying on the forums to 'void' warranties is reallly really really low, almost impossible.
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX