I got beat, but it was worth it!

This is a discussion on I got beat, but it was worth it! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not completely destroyed as I'd have imagined, but beat never the less... Made by day... To get beat by a ...

I got beat, but it was worth it!

Not completely destroyed as I'd have imagined, but beat never the less...

Made by day...

To get beat by a Porsche 911 Turbo, driven by an older guy!

On that note, after getting beat, I respectfully gave him a well deserved
    The guy was nice enough to throw me a wave!

Lesson learned today...
    Nothing at all.

I knew a Porsche 911 Turbo is god to begin with considering the 911 turbo vs bike video
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice death. More details would be nice.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    nice death.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    nice death.
    Plus two.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Gotta be short since Iím at work. Basically was headed to my fatherís house, getting on the highwayÖ Canít miss it, canít deny it, gotta love it, I see a yellow Porsche 911 Turbo infront of me. Not sure the year, but pretty damn new. Driven by an older guy. Bleh. I pushed him on the highway ramp (long and twistyÖ YUM!) and heís going like a Sunday driverÖ Funny, it was indeed SundayÖ LOL Second we hit the highway (Iím in 3rd gear around 3k rpm) he nails it. Didnít see it coming, didnít expect it. Shifted down into 2nd as fast as I could, topped 2nd, shifted into 3rd and both backing off just before I topped out 3rd. Pulled away obviously, but not quite as hard as I would expect. Needless to say, it pulled away, and I got beat. Made phone calls to everyone I could right after! Made my dayÖ Screw it, made my automotive year! Now I know the difference between my tuned WRX and a Porsche 911 Turbo. As we merged onto another highway, he took the right lane, I took left, drove up side by side and gave him a thumbs up, and he waved

My 2002 WRB WRX

LOL Second we hit the highway (Iím in 3rd gear around 3k rpm) he nails it. Didnít see it coming, didnít expect it. Shifted down into 2nd as fast as I could, topped 2nd, shifted into 3rd and both backing off just before I topped out 3rd. Pulled away obviously, but not quite as hard as I would expect.
    So technically you didnt really lose? He was driving slow and you didnt expect him to race?

Seems to me, this might have been a better race if you were ready for it!
    02 WRX
    New England F4

Nah, it'd have beat me no matter what. Even if expecting it. To complain about what gear I was in, would be the same as a once friend complaining the reason I beat him and his KATANA was because he was "in the wrong gear" ... Even after 2 rounds of getting beat, he claimed that. A Stage II WRX isn't going to beat a 911 Turbo any day of the week, but the power difference is not as dramatic as I'd expect. Also, 3rd gear is the last chance any WRX gets to win... 4th and 5th... Bleh. Might as well bend over. So no matter what minor difference it would have made, fact is, I was beat, and happy to have experienced the loss against such a car.

I'd expect properly tuned with a VF22 or similiar, the 911 Turbo wouldn't have pulled away at all.

Then again, he might not have gone all out. In which case, he'd have been toying with me, much like I used to toy with Hondas a couple of years ago, shifting at 3k. Somehow I doubt he was bored enough to simply toy with me though.

On that note, it was fun. I've wanted to be beaten by something like that, if not see where I stand against something like a Vette. A 911 Turbo was more than I could have asked for!

My 2002 WRB WRX