06 wrx stage 2 vs. 5.0 mustang!!

This is a discussion on 06 wrx stage 2 vs. 5.0 mustang!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was my first race since going stage 2 and wow. The 5.0 probably wasn't stock because it looked clean ...

06 wrx stage 2 vs. 5.0 mustang!!

It was my first race since going stage 2 and wow. The 5.0 probably wasn't stock because it looked clean and I saw one of those fake fire extinguisher thingies. HOpefully it wasn't a ricer 5.0. Anywayz, I ran him twice. First run from a dig, I launched on him hella badly and killed him, he might have not been fully ready. Second run from a dig, I killed him again; all I heard from his was about 3 seconds of tire screeching and I just launched on him....badly, I love AWD launches, it makes launching so much easier. It's hard to tell when he let off, because when u launch on someone so badly you don't know when they let off because your so farr ahead of them Anywayz, it was pretty ridiculous 3-7 car lengths ahead of him
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My best race day was I got picked on by two Mustangs one 05 GT and one 97 stallion just a reg. one. GT had a body kit thoe so he was in to it. Going down a long straight away, get to a light race win second light GT I won againe but he did start climbing when we hit 60mph but I usally never race past 60 unless highway. Just weird how on the same long stretch of road I got into to races one light after the other to diffrent lights.
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    It was my first race since going stage 2 and wow. The 5.0 probably wasn't stock because it looked clean and I saw one of those fake fire extinguisher thingies. HOpefully it wasn't a ricer 5.0. Anywayz, I ran him twice. First run from a dig, I launched on him hella badly and killed him, he might have not been fully ready. Second run from a dig, I killed him again; all I heard from his was about 3 seconds of tire screeching and I just launched on him....badly, I love AWD launches, it makes launching so much easier. It's hard to tell when he let off, because when u launch on someone so badly you don't know when they let off because your so farr ahead of them Anywayz, it was pretty ridiculous 3-7 car lengths ahead of him
    I am trying to go stage 2 also on my 06. What's it like in the 1/4 mile? Is it stronger at top like the old ej20's, or is it just a stronger midrange?
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I am trying to go stage 2 also on my 06. What's it like in the 1/4 mile? Is it stronger at top like the old ej20's, or is it just a stronger midrange?
    Well, considering I am only boosting at 12.2 psi and not anything higher... yes third gear is significantly improved and 4th is a tad better. Remember this is at 12 psi, almost 4 psi under what it's supposed to be.

So it's suppose to be much higher? Are you sure? I mean the stock 06's are way lower in boost than the 05 and older because of the differing engines etc. If so, what's wrong with your car?
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

congrats, but you could have walked him without stage2 also

I have an 06 WRX w/stage 2 and am boosting 15.5psi. I'm taking it to the track this weekend, so we'll see how it does. It has very strong midrange power.
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]

So it's suppose to be much higher? Are you sure? I mean the stock 06's are way lower in boost than the 05 and older because of the differing engines etc. If so, what's wrong with your car?
    There's nothing wrong wiht the car. It pulls smooth as ever and hard. HOpefully its just the ecu that needs to learn with the AP so I can attain full boost.

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    There's nothing wrong wiht the car. It pulls smooth as ever and hard. HOpefully its just the ecu that needs to learn with the AP so I can attain full boost.
    i dont think that is the reason. I have never flashed my ECU with my AP and not hit target boost right away. But hey anything is possible.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.