Ok I'm a D I C K (Mustang vs WRX)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ok I'm a D I C K (Mustang vs WRX) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah I know what everyone is going to say after my story but oh well. The other day I was ...

Ok I'm a D I C K (Mustang vs WRX)

Yeah I know what everyone is going to say after my story but oh well.

The other day I was driving down the road and I see this guy in a late 90's Mustang with a temp tag on it. He's acting like a fool going WOT from stop light to stop light thinking he is all that. Well I tried getting next to him but just couldn't with the cars in front of me. Needless to say I followed the guy around for 5 minutes taking me way out of my way. Why? Well his driving was pissing me off. And the truth is I wanted to make his second guys buying his car (Sorry too man Mustang owners around here stock acting like their car is the ****). So finally I get along side him and we are rolling around 40mph when he stomps it. Quick downshift and WOT I blow by him at a really good rate and just hold it to the floor till the top of 3rd just to make sure he knew what happen to him. We hit the next light and the guy wouldn't even look at me. When the light turned green oddly enough he was no longer WOT from light to light.

I know.. **** move but for some reason the guy was pissing me off acting like a hardass. Plus I was bored.

The GT looked and sounded completely stock. My guess is it was later then 95 so it was the 4.6L. My mods are in my sig but the cliff notes are a vf39 WRX.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you're a ****.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

It's funny once you humble someone they drive like an old lady and will not acknowledge you. A month back I had a run in with a late 90's Mustang GT 5 speed. I was driving home after band practice and noticed a white Mustang that was driving like a fool. I gave chase many bus lengths back and couldn't tell if I was gaining. It was late at night and the streets were bare. As luck would have it I pulled up to the white Mustang at a red light. Inside were 2 guys in their mid 20's and they looked over. I rolled down my window and told them 'I can't keep up! you guys have a V8' The passenger laughed and shot back 'yes, but you have all wheel drive and a turbo!' The Mustang was in great condition, looked new and had an aftermarker exhaust. I really didn't know what my chances were. Just before the light turned green, I picked up the rpm's to 6,000 and launched perfectly when the light turned green. I chirped my tires, and the Mustang spun for a split second and hooked up. I quickly pulled on the Mustang about a car length. I could hear the ROAR of the V8 behind and the chirps to 1-2 and 2-3. My sight was so focussed on the road, and tach I don't know how far I left the Mustang. It sounded like the nose of the Mustang was just behind my rear bumper the entire time. We both shut off at 90 and parted ways.
    2004 WRX

I always used to lose in my Sebring Coupe from a digg, and at the next light I would just give the guy a thumbs up, or say, "Nice car"...From a roll I used to catch a lot more people off gaurd... You never get the same respect when you win, everyone flips you off, or doesn't look at you, or something stupid like that. The worst is when you win, slow down back to legal speed and the idiot passes you and flips you off thinking he looks like a bad ass. Depending on the mood I'm in I'll catch up to them and wave... with all 5 fingers.

If you followed the guy around for 5 minutes, surely you noticed the tailights? Were they horizontal or vertical? Horizontal means it was 94-95 and the 5.0 pushrod. Otherwise it was the modular 4.6 96-98.

I used to have a 96 GT... it was slow as hell.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    If you followed the guy around for 5 minutes, surely you noticed the tailights? Were they horizontal or vertical? Horizontal means it was 94-95 and the 5.0 pushrod. Otherwise it was the modular 4.6 96-98.

I used to have a 96 GT... it was slow as hell.
    Yeah they were three fat vertical ones on each side I believe. Kind of like the old IROC but rounded.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Now he's gonna go blow tons of money on his car or sell it yet i feel sorry for him all the sudden . Naaaaaa. I might have done the same thing.
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

When someone is humble and backs down after losing, its a type of acknowledgement and shows much more character than when someone does a flyby.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    When someone is humble and backs down after losing, its a type of acknowledgement and shows much more character than when someone does a flyby.
    So true! I did a fly by once in my truck on some Honda, and felt like an idiot .

Quote Originally Posted by WRXgotit
    Now he's gonna go blow tons of money on his car or sell it
    That's a lot closer to the truth than you might think. Back in 1998 or so, I just finished swapping on a 14b turbo and DSM intercooler onto my 89 Mirage turbo (1.6 liter) and I went out at like 2 am to test it.

Wouldn't you know, I ran into an 88-89 Trans Am who wanted to play. It wasn't pretty, starting at low speeds or higher. After 70 it was pretty comical.

We stopped & talked for a while and then went our separate ways. I found out later that he was so mad at losing he ended up blowing the engine (still the TPI 350) that night. The car lives on today though. It runs low 10s without the bottle and somewhere in the 8s with the 2-stage. It's still a true street car too - I've seen him drive it 100 miles each way to the track.

I'd call that motivation!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

HE runs 8's!!!!!

I know how you feel. I've done that at least a couple times to a few GT's around here. Your not a ****... yur just pretending to be a **** to get your point across...

Quote Originally Posted by MattAtDana
    I always used to lose in my Sebring Coupe from a digg, and at the next light I would just give the guy a thumbs up, or say, "Nice car"...From a roll I used to catch a lot more people off gaurd... You never get the same respect when you win, everyone flips you off, or doesn't look at you, or something stupid like that. The worst is when you win, slow down back to legal speed and the idiot passes you and flips you off thinking he looks like a bad ass. Depending on the mood I'm in I'll catch up to them and wave... with all 5 fingers.
    I dunno about that. When I first got my legacy I walked a 3000gt and he gave me a thumbs up later when I was turning left to get on the interstate. Ever since then, I give people a thumbs up whether I win or lose. Although my car hasn't been beaten yet. Probably will eventually though.

Isn't it cool how most WRX/STi owners when driving down the road wherever, see another WRX/STi owner comeing down the same stretch of road, theres always a freindly wave It's like, no matter who you are, If you have a Subaru WRX/STi your like in, this few, limited car club. Yet it isn't few it's world renound!! . Sorry just had a momment there ....

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    I dunno about that. When I first got my legacy I walked a 3000gt and he gave me a thumbs up later when I was turning left to get on the interstate. Ever since then, I give people a thumbs up whether I win or lose. Although my car hasn't been beaten yet. Probably will eventually though.
    I do the same thing except I tend to lose more then I would like to. But in general people just feel better because they were recognized and they know you’re just a car enthusiast having a good time.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.