My Cobb Stage II WRX vs VF-34/Ecutek WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My Cobb Stage II WRX vs VF-34/Ecutek WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Blue EJ20 WRX Isn't the VF-34 designed for more low end/midrange and better spool? I would think ...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue EJ20 WRX
    Isn't the VF-34 designed for more low end/midrange and better spool? I would think it would still have a little better top end than the TD04, but nothing like a VF-22 or something a little larger.
    Well actually the VF-34 has good top end for its size. to be honest it is just a tad larger compressor wheel than the 39 and same hot side. The 34 is a mild turbo upgrade for the wrx, provides good spool ( im seeing full boost at 3300 in 4th with my helper spring) and has alot more top end than the TD04. the 04 just runs out of air near redline, do some data logging of your td04 and watch your wastegate duty cycle and your absolute pressure, you will see that your duty cycle isnt increasing as quickly as your boost is falling off this is most commonly caused by the td04 maxing out how much air it can move yet it is still increasing in RPM's till you release the throttle.. ( or boost control dumps it out the wastegate) This might only make sense to me so sry if i am confusing..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Well actually the VF-34 has good top end for its size. to be honest it is just a tad larger compressor wheel than the 39 and same hot side. The 34 is a mild turbo upgrade for the wrx, provides good spool ( im seeing full boost at 3300 in 4th with my helper spring) and has alot more top end than the TD04. the 04 just runs out of air near redline, do some data logging of your td04 and watch your wastegate duty cycle and your absolute pressure, you will see that your duty cycle isnt increasing as quickly as your boost is falling off this is most commonly caused by the td04 maxing out how much air it can move yet it is still increasing in RPM's till you release the throttle.. ( or boost control dumps it out the wastegate) This might only make sense to me so sry if i am confusing..
    Good to know, thanks.

I raced an STi with a catback tonight.

We had pretty sloppy starts for whatever reason. But the one actually clean start we had, we started at 40ish. I pulled about a little less than a car, then he started to pass around 80-90 and pulled maybe a car on me. Then I caught up a little above 100, and stayed even at a car length behind him until 125 when I shut it down. The speed I reached was ridiculous, but I didn't want to give up

Quote Originally Posted by Blue EJ20 WRX
    I raced an STi with a catback tonight.

We had pretty sloppy starts for whatever reason. But the one actually clean start we had, we started at 40ish. I pulled about a little less than a car, then he started to pass around 80-90 and pulled maybe a car on me. Then I caught up a little above 100, and stayed even at a car length behind him until 125 when I shut it down. The speed I reached was ridiculous, but I didn't want to give up
    Now that sounds about right. A vf34 WRX would beat a stockish STi pretty good so no doubt something was wrong with that vf34 WRX.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12