WRX vs '06 Cadillac XLR-V S/C'd
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs '06 Cadillac XLR-V S/C'd within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We got two runs in, one ffrom a 50mph roll and we went all the way to the top of ...

WRX vs '06 Cadillac XLR-V S/C'd

We got two runs in, one ffrom a 50mph roll and we went all the way to the top of my fourth gear and i was about 3/4 a car in front. We then went from a stop and we both launched hard, I got a suprisingly small lead off the line, about a half car, he caught up in second and then I pulled pretty good in 3rd to abot a half car win. It was by far the sexiest car I have run with.

Heres some specs for the car:
    2006 Cadillac XLR-V
    267ci Supercharged Northstar V8 RWD
    443hp
    414tq
    3800lbs
    0-60 in 4.5, and I have no idea for 1/4 mile times.
    Base price-$97,485
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry, I forgot. I have a VF34 setup with Cobb EM.

Wow, I'm kind of surprised you pulled on a car with 400+hp with only a VF34. Bet he would have walked you bad above 100mph.

Car-less

ya the XLR's are bad ass...very expensive car losing to a wrx. NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Wow, I'm kind of surprised you pulled on a car with 400+hp with only a VF34. Bet he would have walked you bad above 100mph.
    We started at about 55-60, and went above 100mph. He actually got a small jump, and then I started pulling him about 100.

Quote Originally Posted by eze13
    ya the XLR's are bad ass...very expensive car losing to a wrx. NICE
    Thats the first thing I thought of, although he does have a uber sexy car, I figured he would be a little sour after losing to a 4cyl. sedan, but I talked to him at a stoplight and he had nothing but good things to say about my car, really cool guy

Still sounds a little fishy. You positive it wasn't a regular XLR? The regular XLR is like 320hp, which would make it a much more believable kill.

I'm not trying to be a ****, or call BS or anything. I just don't see a 290-300ish whp turbo 4-cyl beating a 410ish whp supercharged V-8 on the highway. Even with the weight difference, I'm betting the V is geared much better for top end, and more aerodynamic to boot. All that on top of the power advantage? I'm guessing that was a non-V XLR.

If I am not mistaken the XLR-V make big power but weighs as much as a freaking house so that keeps the performance specs low. I want to say it runs lower 13's to high 12's @ 110mph or so. Def. nice numbers but nothing too exciting. I am not sure how you played so well with only Cobb2.5 but regardless; good run
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Still sounds a little fishy. You positive it wasn't a regular XLR? The regular XLR is like 320hp, which would make it a much more believable kill.

I'm not trying to be a ****, or call BS or anything. I just don't see a 290-300ish whp turbo 4-cyl beating a 410ish whp supercharged V-8 on the highway. Even with the weight difference, I'm betting the V is geared much better for top end, and more aerodynamic to boot. All that on top of the power advantage? I'm guessing that was a non-V XLR.
    It was a V, the blower whine was a slight giveaway. And DTR, its just a tuned shelf map 2.5.

OMG you're an idiot for racing on the street, i hope cops take your cars, you shouldnt go over 85 in a wrx or your bad

Arrested

<sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    OMG you're an idiot for racing on the street, i hope cops take your cars, you shouldnt go over 85 in a wrx or your bad

Arrested

<sarcasm>

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.