WRX vs '06 Cadillac XLR-V S/C'd
Results 1 to 12 of 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs '06 Cadillac XLR-V S/C'd within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We got two runs in, one ffrom a 50mph roll and we went all the way to the top of ...

  1. #1
    Registered User rex=my_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,014

    WRX vs '06 Cadillac XLR-V S/C'd

    We got two runs in, one ffrom a 50mph roll and we went all the way to the top of my fourth gear and i was about 3/4 a car in front. We then went from a stop and we both launched hard, I got a suprisingly small lead off the line, about a half car, he caught up in second and then I pulled pretty good in 3rd to abot a half car win. It was by far the sexiest car I have run with.

    Heres some specs for the car:
    2006 Cadillac XLR-V
    267ci Supercharged Northstar V8 RWD
    443hp
    414tq
    3800lbs
    0-60 in 4.5, and I have no idea for 1/4 mile times.
    Base price-$97,485
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User rex=my_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,014
    Sorry, I forgot. I have a VF34 setup with Cobb EM.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    91
    Wow, I'm kind of surprised you pulled on a car with 400+hp with only a VF34. Bet he would have walked you bad above 100mph.

  5. #4
    Registered User DeBlas66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    1,151
    Car-less

  6. #5
    Registered User eze13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    594
    ya the XLR's are bad ass...very expensive car losing to a wrx. NICE

  7. #6
    Registered User rex=my_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Wow, I'm kind of surprised you pulled on a car with 400+hp with only a VF34. Bet he would have walked you bad above 100mph.
    We started at about 55-60, and went above 100mph. He actually got a small jump, and then I started pulling him about 100.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

  8. #7
    Registered User rex=my_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by eze13
    ya the XLR's are bad ass...very expensive car losing to a wrx. NICE
    Thats the first thing I thought of, although he does have a uber sexy car, I figured he would be a little sour after losing to a 4cyl. sedan, but I talked to him at a stoplight and he had nothing but good things to say about my car, really cool guy
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    91
    Still sounds a little fishy. You positive it wasn't a regular XLR? The regular XLR is like 320hp, which would make it a much more believable kill.

    I'm not trying to be a ****, or call BS or anything. I just don't see a 290-300ish whp turbo 4-cyl beating a 410ish whp supercharged V-8 on the highway. Even with the weight difference, I'm betting the V is geared much better for top end, and more aerodynamic to boot. All that on top of the power advantage? I'm guessing that was a non-V XLR.

  10. #9
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    If I am not mistaken the XLR-V make big power but weighs as much as a freaking house so that keeps the performance specs low. I want to say it runs lower 13's to high 12's @ 110mph or so. Def. nice numbers but nothing too exciting. I am not sure how you played so well with only Cobb2.5 but regardless; good run
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  11. #10
    Registered User rex=my_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    Still sounds a little fishy. You positive it wasn't a regular XLR? The regular XLR is like 320hp, which would make it a much more believable kill.

    I'm not trying to be a ****, or call BS or anything. I just don't see a 290-300ish whp turbo 4-cyl beating a 410ish whp supercharged V-8 on the highway. Even with the weight difference, I'm betting the V is geared much better for top end, and more aerodynamic to boot. All that on top of the power advantage? I'm guessing that was a non-V XLR.
    It was a V, the blower whine was a slight giveaway. And DTR, its just a tuned shelf map 2.5.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

  12. #11
    Registered User c00lbeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,222
    OMG you're an idiot for racing on the street, i hope cops take your cars, you shouldnt go over 85 in a wrx or your bad

    Arrested


    <sarcasm>

  13. #12
    Registered User rex=my_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans
    OMG you're an idiot for racing on the street, i hope cops take your cars, you shouldnt go over 85 in a wrx or your bad

    Arrested


    <sarcasm>
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •