What it takes to beat an M3? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What it takes to beat an M3? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ran a few in the EVO, ain't had a problem yet. ran one in the STI say a door in ...

ran a few in the EVO, ain't had a problem yet. ran one in the STI say a door in front of him the whole run. and its still on the stock snail.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i just had a run in with a stock e46 m3 and from 20-100 i was barely inching, and then past 100 he started pulling on me.

i am a stage 2 sti and am pretty disappointed. I had my girl in the car (110lb) and some other stuff, he was all alone... also I didnt have the advantage of starting from a stop, but I expected to pull more

kinda bummed.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    well i just had a run in with a stock e46 m3 and from 20-100 i was barely inching, and then past 100 he started pulling on me.

i am a stage 2 sti and am pretty disappointed. I had my girl in the car (110lb) and some other stuff, he was all alone... also I didnt have the advantage of starting from a stop, but I expected to pull more

kinda bummed.
    Damn, nice death.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    m3s are easy.
    Yup, i usually let them go first and wave as i pass them bye bye M3
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick

real answer = lots and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$

are you trying to get a faster 1/4 time? highway speeds? handling?
    what do you mean what will take to "beat" the m3? beat it doing what?
    you could probably beat it in all of those categories.... as long as there's 3" of snow or something

no it doesn't

vf-34 stage 2.5 and your walking on m3's my mods have me beating up on my buddies M5 on the regular..

look at my mod list that is a good starting point, if you want more power than what i have go with super 16g
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

kinda bummed.

sounds about right, Protune with catless TBE (turboxs TBE catless w/RFL muffler is great on that car.. its on my buddies 05 sti with just that he has over 300whp)
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

kinda bummed.
    how much hp's are u pushin?...damn u are at stage 2 and ya still lost. that kinda gets me depressed i was fixing to make the jump on a AP.

All it takes is a de-tuned STi... you know, to make it fair.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Quote Originally Posted by eze13
    how much hp's are u pushin?...damn u are at stage 2 and ya still lost. that kinda gets me depressed i was fixing to make the jump on a AP.
    From a dig, '06 STI with stage 2 should beat it no problem. Rolling will be close and depend on the driver.

The fact that you need stage 2 to be close to stock M3 tells me it deserves some respect few people here are not willing to give.

[QUOTE=taz1004]From a dig, '06 STI with stage 2 should beat it no problem. Rolling will be close and depend on the driver.

The fact that you need stage 2 to be close to stock M3 tells me it deserves some respect few people here are not willing to give.[/QUOTE

Stage 2 should annihilate an M3 from a dig... and racing from a roll is jumping into SRT4 argument territory. I guess that now makes the M3 the Fastorzzzz+++++infinity! Add to that the 60k price tag and the respect factor is diminished but not completely gone. I think the general theme here is that most of us appreciate the M3 for its overall comfort, looks and performance but don't fear losing to one as if it were a Viper.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

wOw! I never knew the E46 M3's are that much faster. I thought the STI would take it out (stock for stock) starting off a roll. I knew they're fast, but I didn't expect them to be that much quicker!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

pimpin all over the world

The M3 got top end!! STI's dont' and WRX's dont' stand a chance vs the M3 well off the line a stag2 wrx could beat them easy but after 120 mph forget about it,they r gonna catch up and rollin dont' even think about it try it if u want it but youll'be dissapointed about the results STi's stage 2 off the line, just destroy the m3's and rollin close race, maybe m3 race but stage 2 protuned??? would kill m3 off the line and rollin soo bad!! trust me !!! thatz the only way to make them respect u!! cause they think that they faster than anything, just let the v8 monsters take care of them

huh?

Just get a Caterham and be faster than anything out there including motorcycles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.