Whats it take to beat an SS - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Whats it take to beat an SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Since when does a 13.7 @ 98mph make you "close already" to a 12.9 @ ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Since when does a 13.7 @ 98mph make you "close already" to a 12.9 @ 109mph?
    Have you ever seen stock LS1s run at the track? Sure, some are good drivers that can pull a 12.9 stock with a VERY good run. Most run low 13s (ie 13.2-13.3)
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    No need for "Mr. Tee style" insults

fool and foo are totally different

Quote Originally Posted by mangiapane
    Ah, so you're in the STL too huh? Where at?
    I live in Ofallon MO. I'll be at the track tonight, you should come out, maybe we could line up.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Oh dude no way, I'm not gonna race your POS Z06! I'd waste it in my stock '06 WRX! It runs 13.7s!! haha jk. I know my drag racing a little better than you'd think. Question, have you ever heard of Rich Thomas by chance? He owns RAT racing engines.
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

Oh dude no way, I'm not gonna race your POS Z06! I'd waste it in my stock '06 WRX! It runs 13.7s!! haha jk. I know my drag racing a little better than you'd think. Question, have you ever heard of Rich Thomas by chance? He owns RAT racing engines.
    No, I have not heard of Rich Thomas.

Man, you should have came by the track last night, there were many fast imports and domestics. seen couple of 10 second and 11 second imports (2 RX-7, Talon), several 12 second SRT-4s...good racing by all.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Have you ever seen stock LS1s run at the track? Sure, some are good drivers that can pull a 12.9 stock with a VERY good run. Most run low 13s (ie 13.2-13.3)
    1) The car in question from the thread started DOES run 12.9 @ 109mph... That is the car in question and any LS1 talk should be in reference to THAT cars capabilities.

2) You are trying to talk about the rarity of LS1's running 12.9's and yet you are talking of 06' wrx's pulling 13.7's
    For every 06' wrx that goes 13.7 there are considerably more LS1's going 12.9.

You just proved my point for me.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXracer24
    So here is the deal, i have a 05 WRX, manual, stock for the moment. There is a 2000 red SS that can hit 13.67 @ 109.12 on a 2.23 60ft. Obviosuly with a trap speed like that he can hit a low 13 w/ traction possibly high 12.999999 w/ good air: whoa: . i need to know what it takes to beat his SS. What parts are needed, and how much they cost.

im sorry this is such a newbie question... but pleae look past that.

Steven

I beat an SS straight up from a 30 MPH roll to 120mph, check my mod list.. easily had him by several cars.. The SS was stock tho..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.