Whats it take to beat an SS - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Whats it take to beat an SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by project_skyline I said the turbo fool not his engine setup. No need for "Mr. Tee style" insults...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    I said the turbo fool not his engine setup.
    No need for "Mr. Tee style" insults
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To beat him from a dig = cobb stage 2.5 w/ protune and an AWESOME launch.

To beat him from a roll = something along the lines of an 18G.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

No body???? Ok......

SRT4

I Support ClubWRX
    Srt8....?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    Srt8....?
    That's 4 more cylinders than you need haha

Quote Originally Posted by WRXracer24
    can you give me the link to cobb stage 2 provider so i can see what it consists of?

btw how much boost am i running stock?

Not flamming you, but you need to use the search. All these questions are all very common among WRX owners and all of them have been covered many times over. Use the search feature it will give you all the answers you need.

Just some info tho, your looking atleast 3k to be in the neighborhood of that SS. Those are tough cars and run strong in stock trim.

take a look at this thread.. This is a sticky that has a lot of good information.

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

not gonna win from a roll......those LS1's have insane top end and much better gearing, he's going to pass you at one point

You need a Hemi Cuda. That's only about $100K or so these days...

As far as the stock turbo not being able to do 20# of boost, there are a few people doing it. You have to have bigger injectors and a higher flowing fuel pump plus a good tune, IIRC. The stock turbo flows more than it has been given credit for. But if you're keeping the stock turbo, you'll want to have it ported and polished, have your exhaust manifolds P&Ped, and a few other things. Also, you want the car to be as light as possible, so check out threads on lightening. Lighter pullies, flyweel, and rotating assembly will get your engine revving faster to get into the power band faster. Lighter wheels will offer less rotational resistance.

You want a good balance of power to weight. It's not all about horsepower. 100# = 1/10th on the strip.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    Your running around 13.5 PSI.

For what your turbo can handle im not sure but around 20-25 max.
    which stock turbo do you speak of? the stock tdo4 struggles with 16.5.. and your saying 25?
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    which stock turbo do you speak of? the stock tdo4 struggles with 16.5.. and your saying 25?
    Our TD04 can run at 22-25 psi if your at 3500 - 4500 rpm, after that you have to get it back down to 16 b4 redline. There are quite a few people that have run crazy high boost with the td04 but only for a short period of time and then falls off quickly to redline.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

thanks guys... ill let you know how it goes...
    Just an 05 wrx for now...

Buy an '06 with the 2.5, and you'll be close already! There's a couple guys on here with stock '06s running in the 13s. One guy ran a 13.749!

Quote Originally Posted by mangiapane
    Buy an '06 with the 2.5, and you'll be close already! There's a couple guys on here with stock '06s running in the 13s. One guy ran a 13.749!
    At the Gateway International Raceway, I ran 13.1@108 with my old bone stock M6 2000 SS. I'm at the GIR every Tuesday evening and I've yet to see a stock WRX getting into 13s.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    At the Gateway International Raceway, I ran 13.1@108 with my old bone stock M6 2000 SS. I'm at the GIR every Tuesday evening and I've yet to see a stock WRX getting into 13s.
    Ah, so you're in the STL too huh? Where at?

I've never seen a stock '06 run in the 13s at Gateway either, but here's one of the guys I was referring to. Check out the link.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136303

Quote Originally Posted by mangiapane

Since when does a 13.7 @ 98mph make you "close already" to a 12.9 @ 109mph?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.