lets build a car for pinks (NASIOC THREAD)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on lets build a car for pinks (NASIOC THREAD) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1075318 I guess the considered rival is the evo.. im down to throw in some cash for this to happen ...

lets build a car for pinks (NASIOC THREAD)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1075318

I guess the considered rival is the evo.. im down to throw in some cash for this to happen

evolutionM thread

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...0&page=1&pp=15

your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Z3RO; 08-24-2006 at 08:50 PM.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think Id rather use my money for target practice
    - Local Riceist

i think itd be sweet to see an sti vs evo thread, except the evo is so much cheaper to mod and unless u had a huge sponsor on the sti, like the big valley guys or cobb, we might lose. still be good to see two fo my fav. cars on the show.

meh
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

If it's true that PINKS gives 10,000 to each team, then this would be an awesome idea.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

If you get 10,000 from pinks then we could

1.Pay off my car (about 10k)
    2. Build the hell out of it with everyone pitching in
    3. ??????
    4. Profit!!

But really after building it, go race on the show. If we lose then I pretty much sold my car for $10,000. If we win I keep my car and who knows what you guys do with the other one.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

It would be fun but the overall concept of Pinks -- not the "lose your car" part but the "negotiating" --- SUCKS. It's just glorified bracket racing, plus a contest to see who can sandbag the most. If you're going to "negotiate" an "even" race, why bother to use a high powered car? Get two crapboxes out there and race with all 80 horsepower wailing. At least if you lose, you really don't care anyway.

The action on Pinks is always the same. It inevitably results in some dumbass asking for 20 lengths. Anybody with a bottle will automatically be asked to not use it. Then somebody whines that the other team is pedaling on the far end. I can get the same kind of smack-talking action down at the local 1/8th mile's test & tune night.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    It would be fun but the overall concept of Pinks -- not the "lose your car" part but the "negotiating" --- SUCKS. It's just glorified bracket racing, plus a contest to see who can sandbag the most. If you're going to "negotiate" an "even" race, why bother to use a high powered car? Get two crapboxes out there and race with all 80 horsepower wailing. At least if you lose, you really don't care anyway.

The action on Pinks is always the same. It inevitably results in some dumbass asking for 20 lengths. Anybody with a bottle will automatically be asked to not use it. Then somebody whines that the other team is pedaling on the far end. I can get the same kind of smack-talking action down at the local 1/8th mile's test & tune night.
    Damn... I could not have said it any better than that. The initial idea of the show was good. But lately it's turned really bad. In the end, whoever is the biggest sucker, loses.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.