Stage 2 06 vs. Cobalt SS Highway pulls - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stage 2 06 vs. Cobalt SS Highway pulls within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ShardAerithes I'd say the stage 2 is faster than a stock 3000GT VR4 in the 1/4 but ...

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    I'd say the stage 2 is faster than a stock 3000GT VR4 in the 1/4 but the VR4 would win from a roll due to gearing and aerodynamics. A VR4 with a boost controller at 17psi and exhaust mods would eat a stage 2.
    Man, that's an understatement! Just a MBC and downpipe and you'd be smacking Stage 2's with a big stick. 13.0 and 102-104 mph is doable with just that.

Lots of people were willing to run me because I was still on the stock turbos and still had a stock cat-back so how fast could it really be?

I do miss my old car. Power was plentiful, handling was great, and it just felt "right". It's going to take me a while, and a good bit of money, to make me as happy with my Subaru but it'll get there eventually.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chromatica
    people are constantly asking if mine's an sti, and i have the wrx spoiler still. i was thinking about getting some custom plates that say, wrx ftw or not sti or something.
    ts, nice kill. i've yet to even see a supercharged ss on the streets.
    I've been thinking of getting "WRX FTW" or "AWD FTW" on a plate for a while.

The other plate I've wanted is "PUREVIL", but with my luck, I'll find the jesus freak cop.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Lol yeah I have DR650 turbos that look stock. I blew one though.. right now the 3000 has a stock 9b and a DR650 on it, but at least I get to drive it.

I want my license plate to say NOTAVR4 because my car started it's life as a lowly NA base model and has been upgraded by me with many, many parts. So people will say "Not a VR4? Why does it sound like it's got semi-truck turbos??"

and speaking of Evil... on the side of the 3000 it has the Intel Inside thing and it says "Evil Inside" in silver. I know, the pentium thing is a bit over used, but still.
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 08-29-2006 at 05:35 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Not to change the subject, but I just recently raced a wrx on saturday of last week. (i have a ss/sc) He had like 3 passengers while I had none so I thought maybe it would be a win. All I have is an exhaust. I noticed an exhaust on the subie, as well as body kit, rims, lowered....it was white. Anyway we went from like a 65 mph roll. It was dead even all the way up until around 110 ish and I started getting some knock and he started pulling away. That thing was fast.

But yeah I didn't think that would happen. I also should get my car checked out since I shouldn't really be getting any knock with just an exhaust.
    I don't drive a Subaru....yet muwahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisR24
    Not to change the subject, but I just recently raced a wrx on saturday of last week. (i have a ss/sc) He had like 3 passengers while I had none so I thought maybe it would be a win. All I have is an exhaust. I noticed an exhaust on the subie, as well as body kit, rims, lowered....it was white. Anyway we went from like a 65 mph roll. It was dead even all the way up until around 110 ish and I started getting some knock and he started pulling away. That thing was fast.

But yeah I didn't think that would happen. I also should get my car checked out since I shouldn't really be getting any knock with just an exhaust.
    what year Subie, the 02-05, and 06's are a whole different ball game.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

I have no clue....He had clear tailights so I couldn't tell. I never caught a glimpse of his headlights. If I had to guess, it was the 02-05. Yeah, the 06's are faster right? They dyno like 30 awhp more

But the car was like a show car almost (except the clear tails, they looked kinda ugly to me) but I was surprised. But the car looked like it had a lot of work done to it. They were mostly kids as well.

Clear tails = 06 unless he has switched them out. 06 has bigger wheels and bright red brake calipers from the factory too.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

No trust me, these were custom clears. I know what the 06's tails look ilke, but these were all clear with red bulbs. It had aftermarket rims as well, along with a body kit, it was lowered. You could see there was money put into it. Plus, it was loud and it sounded nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang
    You own/use to own a TT 3000GT, how does that compare to your stage 2?
    Finally got the 3000GT back on the road after a TON of busting ass..

The cars feel so different. The 3000GT is so low and cockpit like. The WRX feels like the clutch is super easy, and the steering ratio is SO FAST. The 3000GT is running only 5.5 psi of boost right now, is rich (10.8-11.2:1) and is running quite conservative timing, yet I was dead even with a LS2 Pontiac GTO (6.0L) from 5-80mph. The WRX and 3000 in a race from a roll... I don't know which would win. Getting in the WRX, it didn't feel any faster than the 3000. I can't really compare them at this point. The difference in acceleration is just too small to gauge, I suppose. The 3000 just feels like a race car.. it's low, with a super hard suspension, a ridiculous clutch, a loud as hell whiney fuel pump, a fast revving aluminum flywheel, a louder-than-my-WRX borla exhaust, an HKS SSQ BOV, I have SOLID motor mounts and can feel EVERY LITTLE MOVEMENT of the V6... etc.

Before driving the 3000GT the WRX felt almost like a sports car. I'd find myself wondering if I was going to scrape the front end, the exhaust seemed kind of loud and abrasive, and the suspension felt kind of hard and bouncy.

Getting back in the WRX now just feels like jumping into a quick, decent handling ~SMOOTH~ 4 door sedan that definitely needs to be lowered. The ride feels so smooth, and the exhaust seems kinda quiet. The 3000 seems like a fire breathing monster after driving the Subaru.

The comparison isn't really fair because the 3000 is pretty heavily modded, but it's the best I can do. A stock 3000 is more refined and probably won't make the WRX feel so smooth, and is quite a bit higher. The interior feel is probably pretty similar, how the 3000 wraps around you, the clutch is hard, and the steering ratio is less touchy than the WRX.
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 09-01-2006 at 02:31 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi
    what year Subie, the 02-05, and 06's are a whole different ball game.
    Guys keep up the WRX vs. the world stories, I enjoy reading them. I just bought a 2006 WRX with the limited package and I love it. It is the best car I have ever driven. Out side of the 06 getting a 2.5 boxer engine, 3 more hp overall (more in lower and midrange from what I have read,) 13 more lbs or torque, (235 lbs or torque) and 17" rims and tires with bigger brake kit, are there many other major differences between the 06 and earlier WRXs? Or is the difference in tuning? reguardless, I have had respect for all the WRXs, and in particular, I am very happy with my 06 since I got one.

Can a 06 WRX stock beat a cobalt ss? It sounds like you guys did, but did you have tons of mods? Sorry, not to jack the thread, I am just curious. Thanks!

Uhhhh.....yeah it should. If not the Subie driver needs to stop driving.
    "I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -George Best

It was fun, and my GOD that boxer rumble at WOT is just amazing.

especially at higher speeds oh man i love it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12