Supra...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Supra... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran accross a heavily modded supra. Just the sound alone is enough to make many cars quiver. Anyways, I didnt ...

Supra...

Ran accross a heavily modded supra. Just the sound alone is enough to make many cars quiver. Anyways, I didnt get a chance to run him but i played a little chase game below 80 mph and he wasnt pulling to hard away, but after traffic was completely clear and wide open road he pulled away and my turn was near,

Does anyone know excatly what gives them that sound as they shift. I am not sure weither it is comming from wastegates or BOV's.. but it just sounds insane next to it.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Ran accross a heavily modded supra. Just the sound alone is enough to make many cars quiver. Anyways, I didnt get a chance to run him but i played a little chase game below 80 mph and he wasnt pulling to hard away, but after traffic was completely clear and wide open road he pulled away and my turn was near,

Does anyone know excatly what gives them that sound as they shift. I am not sure weither it is comming from wastegates or BOV's.. but it just sounds insane next to it.
    What sound are you talking about? Probably the insane wastegate flutter they have.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Unless hes running the stock twin turbo setup its the wastegates other wise could be BOV and wastegate.

Those things are highway monsters!

there infamous sound is there wastgate actions. sound like a ship firing in a starwars movie or something. still a great car 10yrs later. and still costs a ton to do anything with. include purchase.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Probably the insane wastegate flutter they have.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    there infamous sound is there wastgate actions. sound like a ship firing in a starwars movie or something. still a great car 10yrs later. and still costs a ton to do anything with. include purchase.
    They are expensive to buy, extremely cheap to mod, i was in the supra community for a long time, you throw on a $30 boost controller and a catless exhaust and your pushing 420hp
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Fair Lawn NJ, Brooklyn NY, Odessa Ukraine
    This noise you talking about, between the shifts, is a blow off valve, it also very noticeable every time you let accelerator pedal go..
    Here is the HKS BOV on my (1987 Supra) upper IC pipe . Its sounds crazy when driving over 4.000 rpm, passing highway underpass, or at the tunnel

nice engine bay nofear.. what kind of #'s are you getting with that setup? Looks like a pretty bid snail you got there.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

nice engine bay nofear.. what kind of #'s are you getting with that setup? Looks like a pretty bid snail you got there.
    His profile says 488RWHP.

Fair Lawn NJ, Brooklyn NY, Odessa Ukraine
    Thanks enash99,
    Yea, this snail is big-Turbonetics T66, with .81 compressor housing. Log monster too, but I get use to it
    I been pushing somewhere around 550 rwhp, but lately decide to dial back, I had no use for these extra ponys, since I'm loosing traction on anything, except the sleeks.
    If interesting, check this clip
    http://media.putfile.com/My-dyno-at-Pampena

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.