WRX vs GTO, Pinto and Mustang.

This is a discussion on WRX vs GTO, Pinto and Mustang. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well out tonight I ran into a few people I knew and got up a few races. I ran an ...

WRX vs GTO, Pinto and Mustang.

Well out tonight I ran into a few people I knew and got up a few races. I ran an 06 GTO with an i/e and preditor chip/tuning. From a 45mph roll there was about a 1/2 between our bumpers. He told me running from a stop was just a waste of time. He has big time traction issues.

Right after I ran the GTO this v8 (351w) Pinto comes rolling up on us and wants a piece of the GTO. They never got a good run so we pulled over and talked a bit. After a while he asked if I wanted to run him. Yeah like I was going to say no. So from a 40mph roll he pulled maybe a fender on me and we held that way all the way thru 3rd when we shut down. I expected more from this car.

After pulling over again and chatting a 95 Mustang 5.0 pulls up We go run the cars (GTO vs Pinto - WRX vs Stang) and ever after missing 3rd gear I had already pulled 3 cars on the stang from a 40mph roll. Later on we got back and the stang said he didn't get on it. The GTO guy told him he was BS and he knew he was on it. It was funny cause the GTO guy was defending me more then I was and told him to run me again. Well the GT guy all of a sudden needed to go home.

I'm pretty happy with my car. It runs with cars most people think should crush me from a roll. No one ever wants to run me from the big so it kind of sucks have AWD since I never get to use it to my advantage. It does feel slower since the FMIC but I think thats cause of the small ass air filter I had to put on cause I didn't get the other ones I got to fit under the hood. Hopefully this week the K&N I ordered will be in.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Nice runs, sounds like you had some fun.