04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i had my first race this week since going catless stage2, w/ a 05 mustang gt convert mt, i really ...

04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt

i had my first race this week since going catless stage2, w/ a 05 mustang gt convert mt, i really try to keep the racing for the track, but this guy was begging for it, leaving every light hard then catching the red and reving at me, so i finally gave in, i didn't even bring the revs up that much just a couple blips right before the light turned, he kind of got me alittle on the start, by 3rd gear i had him by 2 cars then i let off, at the next light he pulls up and ask's the typical question, what do you have in that thing ? i replied, a 4 cylinder! the best part is that he was wearing a suit and tie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RHONE
    at the next light he pulls up and ask's the typical question, what do you have in that thing ? i replied, a 4 cylinder! .

i would've replied " it has a hemi"

Nice Kill, But watch out, with some bolt ons they can get quick, It doesn't take much to put them at 300whp+
    Raced a bolt on Mach 1 and didn't pull him by much and I am vf39.

Oh wait, I see you raced an 05, I think they are heavier, but still quick cars.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 08-18-2006 at 12:36 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

Drive, monkey, drive!

New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Nice Kill, But watch out, with some bolt ons they can get quick, It doesn't take much to put them at 300whp+
    Raced a bolt on Mach 1 and didn't pull him by much and I am vf39.

Oh wait, I see you raced an 05, I think they are heavier, but still quick cars.
    the convertibles are much heavier and don't put down power to the ground as well as the coupes due to less stiff body structure.

still, racing a stock car with a modded one...its almost like cheating. I'm sure if he had a similar amount invested in mods, you'd have seen nothing but taillights.

At the end of the day, he still has an 05 Mustang GT convertible, and you don't.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

i know that's very true, and not just with the mustang but with pretty much any car that a stage2 wrx would beat that it wouldn't beat before, i wasn't picking on the guy he was trying to pick on me, my car still has the stock look just w/ coils and a stromung dual tip, he had exhaust to back up his rev's and the,my almost all american car is going to stomp your import stare, so i had too, but really if all i wanted to do was go fast straight i would buy a car made to go fast straight, after a fast straight i want to brake for a corner not a stop light. but i do know what you are saying, thats the problem we all face right, if we were dumping our money into something else it would be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    the convertibles are much heavier and don't put down power to the ground as well as the coupes due to less stiff body structure.

still, racing a stock car with a modded one...its almost like cheating. I'm sure if he had a similar amount invested in mods, you'd have seen nothing but taillights.

At the end of the day, he still has an 05 Mustang GT convertible, and you don't.
    all i have to say is

"run what'ya brung"
    Anthony

nice kill

Yeah, sucks to be him huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Racenut3.0
    Yeah, sucks to be him huh?

yah honestly, I'd take a wrx any day over a mustang, convertible or not

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    yah honestly, I'd take a wrx any day over a mustang, convertible or not
    to each his own. I got my GT about a month ago. never looked back. don't miss the WRX one bit.

not that I care what other people think of my ride, but I always had to EXPLAIN the WRX to everyone. They were like huh...a Subaru...I thought you were some kind of car guy...and then I had to explain to them that it wasn't just some econo-sh!tbox wagon.

With the Mustang (especially since its yellow and has Shelby stripes) no explanation is required.

chick-magnet-wise. Mustang FTW. I also think its a more consistent drive, and it has the same amount of power my modded WRX would have had if I did the turbo swap...and its 100% LEGAL.

Like I said, I don't race, never have so I don't really care who's faster. Either car will get around just about ANY car in traffic, and is plenty fun on an open freeway.
    go f*** yourself

not that I care what other people think of my ride, but I always had to EXPLAIN the WRX to everyone. They were like huh...a Subaru...I thought you were some kind of car guy...and then I had to explain to them that it wasn't just some econo-sh!tbox wagon.
    +1 I agree with that. Whenever I said I had a Subaru people kind of laughed and acted like a I had a Yugo or a trabant or something. When I tried to explain it wasn't like all the other slow Subaru's made in the past, people just gave me an "oh yeah " like I had lost my mind. I know it doesn't really matter but its gets annoying when thats all you ever get when people see your car.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    +1 I agree with that. Whenever I said I had a Subaru people kind of laughed and acted like a I had a Yugo or a trabant or something. When I tried to explain it wasn't like all the other slow Subaru's made in the past, people just gave me an "oh yeah " like I had lost my mind.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

"no REALLY!! it IS fast...erm...when the intercooler isn't heat soaked. Maybe. Aw, hell, fine, I'm a lesbian, you caught me".
    go f*** yourself

The new GT looks okay. Considering it came from the worst roots of all time. There has never been one good looking mustang since the 60's. The more I see it, the more I think this one just "isn't as ugly".
    Its like the mustang took a nose-dive off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down before splashing into a fountain of youth.

Yeah, Im sure the mustang brings the hotties....you know the bleach blondes with black roots and 17 loose teeth and ex-boyfriend "Jimmy with the Camaro"
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    +1 I agree with that. Whenever I said I had a Subaru people kind of laughed and acted like a I had a Yugo or a trabant or something. When I tried to explain it wasn't like all the other slow Subaru's made in the past, people just gave me an "oh yeah " like I had lost my mind. I know it doesn't really matter but its gets annoying when thats all you ever get when people see your car.
    Yeah, people know that I am a car nut. So when they ask what kind of car I got, after I am talking to someone about how much I love it, they don't have a clue b/c they aren't into cars. But it doesn't bother me too much b/c I know what I have.
    2003 RSX Type-S (sold)

2005 WRB STi (new hotness)

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast