04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 149

This is a discussion on 04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I used to own a fox body hatchback and actually traded it in for my 04 WRX wagon and hey ...

  1. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Zurich, IL
    Posts
    812
    I used to own a fox body hatchback and actually traded it in for my 04 WRX wagon and hey I love mustangs but leave them on the drag strip, as far as practicality, reliability and power the subaru is the way to go and we all know that a rwd mustang sucks in the midwest winters that is the main reason I got rid of it besides I missed my turbo that I had in the talon and the wrx was just the ticket for the price. Besides comparing a mustang to a wrx is like comparing apples to oranges. I also got working A/C YEAHHHH. HEHEHE And my mustang didn't have auto dimming rear view mirror, all seems insignificant but to me that is what I wanted and I love the car because of all the little features and the handling is unparalleled. Most people who pick on me about the wagon are the peeps who got there ass handed to them by the wagon. GO GO Schnell Wagen!!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    398
    Typical internet talk/fluff. I knew the "snow" argument will eventually come up.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

  4. #48
    Registered User Juice33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    Typical internet talk/fluff. I knew the "snow" argument will eventually come up.
    Ignorance is bliss for the Stang haters...
    Last edited by Juice33; 08-21-2006 at 10:27 AM.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

  5. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Ignorance is bliss for the Stang haters...


    Would you prefer me to direct my argument towards any of the other bajillion v8 american "sports" cars?

    Camaro
    Corvette
    Charger
    Magnum
    Maurader
    Chrysler 300C SRT8
    Cherokee SRT8
    GTO
    Monte Carlo SS
    Impala SS
    ...etc

    Please don't take my dislike of mustangs and other generic V8's as "ignorance" and I won't take your "mah vee-ate is a hemi and is fasturrr dan yoouuu!" as a sign of compensation. I'm not denying their fast cars. I'm saying their not really anything special. They're all the same. Pop a v8 into a RWD car and call it a "sports" car. Shoot a rocket launcher at a deer and call yourself a "sportsman." I prefer finesse, skill, guts to do something that is thought "inferior" and still excel.

    Take a 4 cylinder, turbo it, and produce as much horsepower as a v8 twice it's size. Make it AWD and handle better. Now that is worth appreciating. Don't give me some vanilla v8 with 4 wheels and expect me to swoon. Sure you have a lot of HP, tons of torque. You can go fast in a straight line, "wahoo." I have nothing against V8s, in fact my favorite car is a V8 and is made by a Mustang guy. It's just that they are so overplayed and they give someone the illusion that they're "better" than everyone else without one.

    Oh the looks I get from some Mustang guys are so funny to me. That, "I'm gunna keeck yur furner cars ass!" Then the look on their face when I blow past them like they were in a minivan. I slow down to avoid a speeding ticket and they stick their heads out the window like they saw a ghost. Mustangs are a cheap, go-fast, straight-line monster. But to me, there is so much more to a car than just a simple 1/4 mile and dyno sheet. They have large engines. That's it. Engines that are big not because of some engineering aspect, but because of a lack of engineering.

    Look at the hp/liter of an engine. That will tell you how much work they put into it. Acura RSX-S. S2000. STI. Evo. M3. All high hp/liter engines. All quick cars that handle well. When you are reduced to simply making larger engines to produce more power, you aren't really thinking about your engineering anymore. Of course, maybe that's also why the American companies are struggling right now. They are not forward thinking, they are no longer engineering. They're repackaging the same old thing. And it's not working anymore.

    EDIT: I love rotary engines for the same reasoning. High HP/liter. INSANELY high in fact. But I figured I'd leave those out since it's an entirely different kind of engine.
    Last edited by 06blacksti; 08-21-2006 at 12:50 PM.
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

  6. #50
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    take an econo-sh!tbox, stick a turbo in it, and you have yourself a "no, REALLY its a sports car, I promise" car.

    it does NOT make twice the power of a V-8, and it certainly doesn't make anywhere near the torque. get over yourself. cars are just cars, and if you're doing to do the "my car can beat up your car" thing, then you just go right ahead.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  7. #51
    Registered User Juice33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by 06blacksti


    Look at the hp/liter of an engine. That will tell you how much work they put into it. Acura RSX-S. S2000. STI. Evo. M3. All high hp/liter engines.

    This is such a ricer argument, the HP/Litre argument, where does that really get you? No where, that's where. It is power to weight that matters, not HP per liter. If that is all you want my old 03 Cobra only came with 390 (way underated) HP for a little old 4.6L. How is that compared to the M3s and STis? I would venture to guess it does pretty well, especially since it really had about 420 HP at the crank.

    There is plenty of technology going into V8s, 4 cylinder engines aren't the most advanced engines in the world (BTW I have an Evo), just because they can put a turbo on it and make it go faster than a N/A V8. They are great but come on dude, V8s are engineered too, they don't just magically appear when someone wishes upon a star. But I guess the new LS7 in the Z06 is just a piece of garbage because it V8 and not thought out at all according to you.

    BTW, the Mustang's 4.6L isn't all that big, it is only 281 cu.

    You just blindly hate Mustang's from the looks of your argument, hence your ignorance about them. You act like you never want to race them and the drivers always give you some tough look, I am sure you are instigating plenty and acting tough in your STi, you must feel so cool because you can beat a GT in your STi.

    Keeping a close mind isn't going to get you anywhere. I have had an STi and a Cobra and now I have an Evo. Pretty much everything about the Cobra was better than the STi, the handling and brakes were a little better in the STi but not by as much as you would think, and that was about it for advantages for the STi.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

  8. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    take an econo-sh!tbox, stick a turbo in it, and you have yourself a "no, REALLY its a sports car, I promise" car.

    it does NOT make twice the power of a V-8, and it certainly doesn't make anywhere near the torque. get over yourself. cars are just cars, and if you're doing to do the "my car can beat up your car" thing, then you just go right ahead.
    I didn't say it had twice the power.

    05 STI 05 Mustang
    300 hp 300 hp
    300 tq 315 tq
    2.5L 4.6L
    Turbo flat 4 V8 N/A
    12.9-13.2 13.3-13.5 (stock 1/4 mile times)

    And as far as "econo sh1tbox" I'd say the mustang is no closer to being a luxary car than an STI. They're both econo-boxes with less-than-luxurious interiors. That being said, that's not why I chose the STI. It is one major reason I prefered the STI over the Evo though. The Evo's interior was like my 95 civic. Now the civic was an econo-sh1tbox. But it got me places reliably. I'm not doing the "my car can beat up your car" thing. I'm saying that's what the mustang guys say. Straight-line a mustang should hand my ass to me. And without mods, they don't. They have twice as many cylinders as I and I still give them a run if I don't beat them. Mustang guys love to make fun of 4 cylinders and rev their loud engines at them. People have their personal preferences for what cars they like and why. For me, it takes more than a large engine to impress me.
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

  9. #53
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    check out the area under the torque/power curve.

    peak numbers mean jack squat.

    my car can beat up your car.

    meh.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  10. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    89
    First of all, I am not a ricer. Look at my top 5. I am not a mustang hater. I am not a V8 hater. My favorite car is a Saleen S7. If I truely hated mustangs and V8s, I would not absolutely love a mustang-lover's v8 super-stang. I am a person who appreciates the cars that go beyond a simple v8 torque-monster. Mustangs are nice, fast cars. Can't get much better power for the money. Corvette is probably the best performance bargain money can buy. Lingenfelter (sp?) versions can get 1.97 0-60. That is re-friggin-diculously fast. But the superiority complex Mustang/V8 owners have over smaller engine cars is terrible.

    Mustangs are a dime-a-dozen. So many of them come up on me and do that thing where they come up on you fast and then slow down to match your speed and keep revving at you like you're going to race them in heavy traffic. I get it from Civics too though...so it's not just mustangs. But I have nothing to prove to any of them. "Sweet. You have a 'fast' car too. Now go away please before you bump into the person in front of you."

    As far as having to explain to people that my car is fast, I could care less if they know. In fact I'd prefer they don't. I am not a guy who goes around bragging about my car, about it's horsepower, about it's handling, etc. Yes I love it, yes if someone asks I could go on and on about it. But as far as the earlier post saying how he hated explaining the car to people: Who cares? Why would you feel the need to explain it? I'm not trying to impress anyone. Picking up girls? I would hope you can do more than show what car you drive to a girl.

    I have rarely raced anyone. I sit up straight, I drive normal, and I am not very aggressive in my driving. In fact, I'm probably not even a very good dragracer. I don't have that "drop-shoulder" disease so many people have in their cars where their right shoulder is 6 inches lower than their left one. I think it's all that horsepower has bent their spines to the right for some reason. Glad I don't have that much power, I'd hate to look like Quasimoto driving my car. I also smile a lot (how could I not? I enjoy driving, even in my POS civic).

    If my arguments seem caustic it's only because you all turned it that way earlier in the thread. But all this arguing is pointless anyways. I just thought I'd throw in my opinion (however baised as you may think it is) since I was here. I'm not close-minded. I look for more than a v8 and horsepower when deciding on whether or not I truely appreciate a car's engineering. Sorry if we don't agree. Not trying to be a "hater" but I feel I was hated on first. So I took a sip of "h8rade" and joined the fun!
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

  11. #55
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by 06blacksti
    But the superiority complex Mustang/V8 owners have over smaller engine cars is terrible.
    the only superiority complex I'm seeing here is yours.
    Mustangs are a dime-a-dozen. So many of them come up on me and do that thing where they come up on you fast and then slow down to match your speed and keep revving at you like you're going to race them in heavy traffic. I get it from Civics too though...so it's not just mustangs. But I have nothing to prove to any of them. "Sweet. You have a 'fast' car too. Now go away please before you bump into the person in front of you."
    you know how I know you're gay? guys keep doing that thing where they come up on you fast and then slow down to match your speed and keep reving at you.

    As far as having to explain to people that my car is fast, I could care less if they know. In fact I'd prefer they don't. I am not a guy who goes around bragging about my car, about it's horsepower.
    that's precicely what you've been doing...and trash-talking other cars.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  12. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    "At the end of the day, he still has an 05 Mustang GT convertible, and you don't."

    "wow. someone's really got Mustang envy."

    "after driving a lesbian car for 5 years, it doesn't really bother me...and we're not talking about the "good" kind of lesbians either."

    "the only chicks buy Subaus of their own free will are sporting mullets, flannel shirts, and side-burns."

    "the only superiority complex I'm seeing here is yours."

    "that's precicely what you've been doing...and trash-talking other cars."

    Hello Pot. I'm Kettle.
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

  13. #57
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by 06blacksti
    Hello Pot. I'm Kettle.
    hey, 06blacksti. you know sometimes you see someone just messing with someone, and that person gets all serious and pissed of, and thinks that someone is really trying to make a point but they're really messing with them and everyone else is just kinda watching and trying not to giggle?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  14. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    hey, 06blacksti. you know sometimes you see someone just messing with someone, and that person gets all serious and pissed of, and thinks that someone is really trying to make a point but they're really messing with them and everyone else is just kinda watching and trying not to giggle?
    Welcome to the internet. The best place to argue over stupid things.

    Dude, at the end of the day, why don't we just enjoy a damn beer together? I don't really care about any of this, I thought I'd share my view and was flamed for it. So I flamed back. I hold no grudge...no ill-will. Hope you're not getting too mad. Though judging by your awesome Monty-Python avatar, I'd say you're a laid-back guy like myself. "This parrot is DEAD!" Don't think I'm pissed, because I'm not. I am just bored at work and sometimes, and I like to feed the trolls.
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

  15. #59
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by 06blacksti
    Welcome to the internet. The best place to argue over stupid things.

    Dude, at the end of the day, why don't we just enjoy a damn beer together? I don't really care about any of this, I thought I'd share my view and was flamed for it. So I flamed back. I hold no grudge...no ill-will. Hope you're not getting too mad. Though judging by your awesome Monty-Python avatar, I'd say you're a laid-back guy like myself. "This parrot is DEAD!" Don't think I'm pissed, because I'm not. I am just bored at work and sometimes, and I like to feed the trolls.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  16. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    Awesome. Chalk one up to the forum trolls!

    Next time I see a mustang, I'll wave. May only be one finger, but I'll wave
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •